☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Formspring.Me
30 March, 2010

What can you consider as your own major character flaw?
I'm supposed to put just one right?
But I let me mention two :)

UNO
I expect too much from others.
This isn't good because it always gets and leaves me frustrated.

DOS
I'm a perfectionist. I hate mediocrity and I always give my best in whatever I do. Other people benefit from it, I don't ─ it goes back to my first answer. I get frustrated because I expect people to be somewhat like that too. Although I know that it's not right, it still happens. ☮

Ask me anything.Ü
CLICK here.



This is my current state and it seems to me that it will also be my mood indefinitely. FML. To my dearest friend, LUCIA, you know why. Ssh.

Sometimes you just have to pretend that you’re happy just to stop everyone from asking what the hell happened.
☀..☮..✮..♥..✈

Bookmark and Share

17 Comments:

Ricademus said...

I learned that lesson the hard way too. I know we can't expect to get back what we give--and really we can't expect anything. But it is still disappointing when you go out of your way over and over and it's not reciprocated.

Sher said...

Hmm, I would probably say that there's probably too many fears in me! I have fear of so many things, it's not funny. I try my best to get over them every single day though. Hopefully I'll get there one day:)

White water rafting was kinda fun but terribly exhausting! Surprisingly I wasn't too sunburnt:P Where did you go for yours?

xx

R. said...

RICADEMUS.
Yes. Yes. How do we stop it?
Of course I know that each person is unique and I can't really expect others to read what's in my head so once you have a solution, let me know.

SHER.
At least you know what to do with your fears. Try to prepare yourself for it because you'll never know when you'll be facing them.

I had my White Water Rafting experience here in the Philippines, in Cagayan de Oro. There was a storm the week before we went so the water was murky, but the whole trip was fun!

kimbirdy said...

Oh man, I know just what you mean. I tend to think, "hey, I'm just some girl, how is it that no one else seems to do things as well as me?" Then it leads me to believe that other people don't care or else they would be doing things as perfectly as me and I never stop to realize they're having way more fun than I am, and that maybe that's what it really means to "do something perfectly."

Lucia ♡ said...

You practice what you preach. It's ways better than expecting too much from others and slacking on what you do. Just try not to be too hard on yourself. You don't have to live your life mistake free <3

applePIE. said...

oh my gosh i'm totally like you...

whenever i'm planning things i want everything to be perfect, and everyone around me settles for whatever's "fine" and then i end up getting super angry..and then everyone gets angry at me for getting angry...it's a vicious circle!

Olivia Liem said...

This always happened to me back in school. and that left me frustrated, especially those who try to make use of it.
But then I came to think that actually when I do my best in things, I gain. I might not gain for others to see, but at least I gain for myself. Those who don't, even worse those who make use of others, will not. I hope you understand what I'm saying here, hehe..

R. said...

KIMBIRDY.
They have a bit more fun because they're too dependent on those who work hard. They know that someone will not slack off.

LUCIA.
I always try not to expect so much from others, but if it's my ass on the line, I think I wouldn't be okay with free-loaders. Non-work related stuff, I can still tolerate that :)

R. said...

APPLE PIE.
I don't get angry and people don't angry naman with me, I just get frustrated. People don't. It makes them happy when they know you're a perfectionist, they know there is always someone they can depend on. It's a nice thing, but it's also a curse.

OLIVE.
Yes! There are people who purposely take advantage. The good thing is you know that you're doing and giving something that is more than satisfactory and it will speak for the whole group, not just yourself :)

Grace de Castro said...

expecting from others is also one of my flaws. this usually leaves me disappointed, so i try not to na lang. :)

Anonymous said...

one of the incovenient facts of life. the more we expect, the more we get dissapointed.

Ricademus said...

You have two posts showing up on my list--they both look so interesting, but I can't get to them. Is this an early April Fool's joke on us???? =)

Easter is big in the US, but there are many who see it as a celebration of spring rather than a solemn occasion.

Ricademus said...

Oh, if I find an answer about dealing with people I will share it. Right now I think my only answer is patience, but I don't like that answer! =)

R. said...

HUMAN BULLSHIT.
That's something that I should always remind myself. I don't like the feeling of getting disappointed.

GRACE.
Aww. I guess we're all like that.

R. said...

RICADEMUS.
2 posts?
Easter is a very Western celeb, at least that's what I think. Holy Week: Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Black Saturday, and Easter Sunday have been part of Filipino Tradition for the looongest time.

Joemill said...

I think I am more like you. I consider the people around me as good-natured or just the better of me even if their being unlikely is obvious. But at the back of my mind, I expect them to give the same respect where in the end I usually get hurt.

R. said...

It's not a good feeling no?
One of college professors always told us that people, all of us, we're really nice daw talaga.

Post a Comment