☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: I Have A Crush!
20 March, 2010

OMG. I do not even know where to start. I managed to finish the 60+ episodes of the Korean Series that I've been addicted to for the past weeks ─ Queen Seon Deok. I saw the first episodes on GMA7, but I got extremely impatient and couldn't wait to know what was gonna happen next and bought the entire series.

After Kim Sam Soon and Shining Inheritance, this is the third Korean series that I got to watch. I am thisclose to thinking that our local telenovelas are almost crappy compared to what Koreans make. One thing that I noticed and pretty much felt in the 3 Korean series that I watched, I always liked the antihero ── male or female, it does not matter. Korean-novela villains are lovable.Ü They're not like the typical scheming, cursing, & screaming bitches and a-holes in local dramas ... do not complain because we all know that this is true. Kk?

Bidam

I've never cried so much because of a series ─ the tragic love story was totally unexpected. Anyways ... I have all episodes of this series, downloaded the OST and guess what?? I have this mean crush on one their characters → BIDAM. He is sooo adorable and one of the most charming Korean men I've seen. Bidam is the unpredictable but lovable, charming toughie slash ninja-ish slash super sword-fighter slash abandoned prince slash martial arts dude who's very manly with the nicest set of teeth and the perfect tan who happens to be a kid-at-heart. Heck! He is still good-looking even with blood-splattered face! Before he became the Commissioner, he had his hair in a messy ponytail which made him even more charming. There. I'm like a little girl in Sixth Grade who just gushed about her crush :)

And boy am I amazed! I didn't know that Queen Seon Deok was so popular. I read in one of the blogs that it bagged a lot of awards last year. Cool huh? I wonder which Korean Series I'll watch next. Any suggestions?

☀..☮..✮..♥..✈

Bookmark and Share

20 Comments:

Yani ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶◙ said...

hahaha! i can definitely relate with you my dear when it comes to having a mean crush on korean actors! i think i was feeling what you were feeling before with the lead actor of the taiwanese tv series - it started with a kiss...his name is joe cheng and the way he played his role is so adorable and yeah, i was gushing too back then that irritate bf nso much! lol!

if you want a true tear jerker sis watch one liter of tears...even just online...i was crying like a baby on each episode!

JAY said...

Haha! I am totally like that with dramas. When I gush about characters, I gush like no tomorrowwww.
Those pictures makes me want to look that series up right now.

Grace de Castro said...

the same thing happened to me with full house. i watched an episode on TV and couldn't wait to watch more. so i bought pirated DVD. :)

FJ (폐징) said...

lol. when i saw "i have a crush', i was so eager for the page to load. haha. and hey, the same thing goes to me too! i ALWAYS like the antihero!! male one usually. and i recommend "sorry, I love you". i heard from my friend that it's nice. but i haven't watch that too.

now i know what's balikbayan. hmmm...my family actually sometimes received balikbayan too from relatives. usually are clothes that my relatives can no longer wear. haha. is that considered balikbayan?

R. said...

YANI
This is the first time I've had a crush on a Korean actor! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if the links of One Liter of Tears aren't broken. If not, I'll have to buy the DVD somewhere.

JAY.
It's a good series. It touches about their history, some science, a bit of religion, war, etc. I also enjoyed looking at the costumes ─ even considering having one made for Halloween!

GRACE.
Aww. I have not seen Full House. I'll buy the DVD one of these days.Ö

FJ.
The antihero in any Korean series never fails to win the hearts of the viewers. You'll love 'em instead of hating them.Ü
••
Actually, balikbayan is the person who returns back to his or her country after being gone working abroad. But hey, you got the concept right! Nice!

Lucia ♡ said...

Made me smile :) this whole post sounds soooo cute <3 can't wait to check the links you tweeted me next weekend when i am back home ;)

Oh la la!He looks hot, and the fact that he does martial arts makes him even hotter <3

R. said...

Last night, I found out that he also sings! I love his fight scenes. Before going to bed last night, I put one of the DVDs and watched two episodes, both had him doing sword fights.Ü He's such a multi-talented person, don't you think?
••
There's an entire bunch of episodes in mysoju.com. I think I tweet-ed you the link. I hope you get to watch it and enjoy the series as much as I did.

Ricademus said...

Hi Russ, If I start watching a drama like that I will get hooked too. I know guys are not supposed to, but we do. It is one of thoses things we don't usually admit! =)

I've been okay. I haven't been on-line much because things were very busy at work and then I came down with bronchitis or something. My doctor wants me to get a chest x-ray on Monday morning. Bah!

I was really happy for you when I saw you had added a countdown along with the daily count on Twitter. It's exciting now that the number is getting so low!

PS - You don't have to repost it to enter then giveaway. You've been busy lately, but you are a frequent commentor and eligible for both items if you want to enter.

jak said...

Hi Russ!!! what's MIA anyway?

Hahaha...when i read the title, i think u had crush with the new guy...

I think there are similarities between ur country's telenovela with in my country (we called "sinetron" here) especially for the Villain character :D

Olivia Liem said...

Darling..I totally get you..I've been addicted to Korean drama lately..geez..I've watched Shining Inheritance, and yes it's really exciting. I really couldn't stop watching. You should watch "Glory of Family"/"Family Honour". It's also addictive.

BTW, this Bidam guy is haute!!

Joemill said...

Just to let you know that men can be boys as well. So shall I jump the childish wagon? Ha ha! At my age, I still do have celebrity crushes that up my appetite (but not for lunch or dinner :) ). I've for long realized that too (we) guys can be insane (in reference to you). :)

I'm back to your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa! he is gorgeous!

R. said...

RICADEMUS.
He asked me if he could solve for X, hahaa! He only told me the value of X when he got his ticket back to Manila so he was sure of what he was gonna tell me :)

JAK.
MIA = Missing In Action
Those are the kinds of villains that I don't like. Sinetron, cool! I learned something new today.

TG said...

I used to watch My Girl, but that's about it. I prefer Korean movies over drama, you could watch "Bin-Jip" (google it), it's an amazing movie, love story, mystery, hehe. Koreans are really top notch in showbiz, close to Japan and USA, I'd say.

R. said...

OLIVE.
Shining Inheritance was awesome. I like how Koreans do the love story portions in their series, they're not sappy at all! Yes, Kim Nam-Gil aka Bidam is hot :)
••
I will check on the titles you gave me. I'll visit the DVD store one of these days, I hope they have it.

MISS NEIRA.
He is, definitely!

applePIE. said...

LOL im not an expert in korean dramas or anything but..is it just me or are korean dramas ALWAYS sad? like..someone's always dying..or someone's love is returned..or something like that !
I know how they can be addicting though =)

& coffee beans smell good right ! I could sniff it all day...hahah =)

I'm doing good thank you for asking, just school's been busy!
It's good to read that things are going well for you!!! =)

FJ (폐징) said...

hey russ, i got you an award. visit my blog more details. im not sure whether you have this award before. but even if you have this before, i'll still pass it to you. coz you deserve that one. =D

and yea, it totally understand that balikbayan. when i actually posted my comment, i had a second thought. i think i was a bit wrong. haha.

have a great day, russ. may God bless you.

Ricademus said...

"solve for X"...that's great! LOL

R. said...

APPLE PIE.
Not all dear. Kim Sam Soon wasn't sad at all, in fact, it was hilarious! But all are addicting :)

FJ.
Thanks so much for the award.
It's very sweet of you to give me one.

RICADEMUS.
Ahahaa. Yes. He solved for X. Well, he's the only person who can solve it :)

Anonymous said...

:D YEAAAAAAAAAAAH i share your sentiments girl! i soo love bidam!! i managed to finished it last month..

and yet, i still can't move on about BIDAM! :))

try watching PASTA. :) (guy from COFFEE PRINCE) I just finished watchng it yesterday. ~

after queen seon deok aired in korea, pasta was the replacement...

and pasta just finish airing in korea, ang dong yi was the replacement XD (girl from shining inhertiance)

Post a Comment