☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
09 February, 2010

This is sort of a continuation of yesterday's post. In 3 months, most of us will be voting for a new President, that's if the National Elections will push through. I'm being sarcastic here. Except for a few people, I'm sure that every voting Filipino is very eager to choose a new leader.

Except for Senator Manny Villar's billboards along SLEX, I have not seen other pre-campaign materials from other Presidentiables. Either they're being obedient to the guidelines set by Comelec or I just don't go out that much. When I was at La Union last week, I was surprised that Manny Villar didn't have campaign materials in Northern Luzon, at least in the places where I was during the times that I wasn't catching on ZzzZzzz, considering that he has huge billboards in SLEX and NLEX. I noticed that Gibo Teodoro and Noynoy Aquino were in a bit of competition with the sizes of their tarps. What I see in Manila are subtle compared to those in the province(s) ── where their materials are practically screaming.

Election Fever in Northern Luzon

Anyways, I'm sure everyone's going to be seeing more and more and more of these candidates and every kind of campaign material in the days to come. Campaigning for national candidates officially starts today, right? Correct me if I got my info wrong.

☮.♥.☆

Bookmark and Share

11 Comments:

kg said...

i guess gibo and noynoy are now concentrating on the provinces, where people may still be undecided. baka nga naman they can convince the people to vote for them.

R. said...

Guess so too and they've all been busy with forums left and right here in Manila.

Azumi's Mom ★ said...

i could imagine campaign materials are everywhere.. i really hate our country's system when it comes to election. Sana lang manalo ang deserving leaders =)

i like this post.. you're indeed observing.. i wonder kung sino ang iboboto mo?

R. said...

I've already weeded out my list. I think I'm inclined to voting either Gibo Teodoro or Dick Gordon for President. For VP, that is one big problem I have. I wonder if we'll be allowed to abstain.

Jessica said...

Oh my yeah, in a matter of three months, a new president will be elected. I don't know who to vote yet; no one seems to stand out for me yet. Oh well, we'll see in May!

The Scud said...

good thing you're not voting for villar. sigurado babawiin nya mga nagastos nya sa elections x a hundredfold. gggrrr!!!

TG said...

I tell you, I'm very bitter about my elections (in Slovenia). In the last years it seems that it doesn't matter if my choice wins or their opponents. Most of them are incapable of doing a good job. I think those posters and banners are a waste of money. And once there's a leader like Obama, people start to pull him down. I really don't know, what people want. Politics are dirty -_-

Ape said...

in past elections, provinces gets the lion's share of votes tallied...they're pretty much the deciding factor thats why these presidentiables are concentrating on provinces first...

lalu na ngayon automated na. paano na si dudung at neneng bubuto!

R. said...

JESSICA.
It's still a long way.
Come May, you'll have someone in mind.

THE SCUD.
Hindi talaga si Villar. As early as Ondoy days, I knew that I wouldn't vote for him.

R. said...

MKL.
True that. I'm just a little more concerned this year. Ever since I reached the local voting age, I never voted because I felt that it wasn't gonna do me any good. But I think, people in my country right now are sick & tired of our present government that's why we all can't wait for her to leave her position.

R. said...

APE.
That's a new insight for me, thank you for sharing. I'm pretty confident that those in the provinces will be able to cope with this change in elections.

Post a Comment