☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
08 February, 2010

PIXEL BUG Weekend 010
One thing I've while D's away is that I can handle a LDR. I'm already in one right? I gotta give myself a nice pat at the back for being able to stand 9 weeks and counting of days without D. It's a little sad because I'm celebrating my birthday next weekend and he's not here. Anyways, my weekend started pretty early because my Mom made an impromptu out-of-town trip to La Union.

La Union is in Northern Luzon. I'm confused with the travel time. Going there, it was a 5-hour drive. Going back to Manila, it was an 8-hour drive. I have no idea why. I was very tired when we got back, but it was all worth the hours on the road. La Union is very clean and the people are really nice and friendly. The food is cheap and delish! That's more than enough reason for me to want to go back there. One of my cousins told me that you could walk around the town and no one would even dare snatch your phone from you; that makes me think that they're a disciplined bunch. Will I go back? Definitely! I'll make sure I hit the beach the next time I visit THIS YEAR.Ü

St. William Cathedral

Russ Goes To La Union

--
If you want to play with us, you guys can join PIXEL BUG WEEKEND.
Please visit this site: www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com

Photography is the best way to relive
happy memories and sweet moments. This is life as I see it ... → www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com

Bookmark and Share

29 Comments:

joei ♥ said...

at least you had an interesting weekend. i was confined at home because of my knee. good thing T took me out to watch princess and the frog and dear john. or else i wouldn't have anything to write for pbw ;)

joei
http://i.am/joei

Manju said...

want cake >_< that display looks yummmmmmm. and are you eating icecream? you said ealier you didnt like it

Lucia ♡ said...

The catherdal looks really beautiful from the inside <3

You know what? It takes me 4hrs to drive to uni and 6hrs to come back .Same as your case :D I guess this is one of those mysteries that we won't ever be able to understand :D

[vayie] said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend compared to me when I only spent it mending a wound the whole time. :(

Ang ganda nga nung place. Natawa lang ako dun sa pic that says: "Avoid penalty, sit properly". Mape-penalty pala ako diyan because I always sit in the lotus position. :)

kg said...

alam mo, that's how i felt when we went to la union, parang it was a super long trip! bakit kaya? but their beaches are nice.

Ricademus said...

Why do I have an urge to comment on the cathedral and the fact that you're holding ice cream??? :P

R. said...

JOEI.
Read about your knee, hope it gets better soon. I left you a message with the gel/medicine that I used when I had my surgery. Just don't scratch it.

MANJU.
That's true. I don't like Ice Cream. It was almost scorching hot that afternoon and I was sweating like crazy, I needed something to cool me off. And that was "Dirty Ice Cream," the only ice cream that I eat.Ü

R. said...

LUCIA.
It's old and huge. Old Cathedrals are like that. A four-hour drive to your uni is like going to a province here. that IS far.

VAYIE.
I have yet to see the beaches of La Union. Uy ha, their people are very disciplined. Walang snatchers.

Nina said...

Once pa lang ako nakapunta ng La Union and they say na maganda daw diyan lalo na sa mga beach, hope I can visit La Union this year :). Great shots :)

Btw Advance Happy Birthday :)

JAY said...

9 weeks already? D:
I'm pretty sure he wishes he could be there for your birthday too.

La Union's cathedral looks amazing. Haha, maybe you were driving slower due to lack of energy?

I want to try that dirty ice cream, asap. Drroooooool.

EJ said...

Looks like a beautiful place to visit someday.

rose said...

Wow naman, enjoy the adventures while you're still young and free, pag may chikiting ka na limited na yan hehehe..

Lynn said...

I had to laugh at that..."avoid penalty, sit properly". :D Going to the north is a great road trip. Love it there too especially in Vigan.

C said...

lovely photos russ!

Ahahgshene said...

Gosh, you look so lovely!

Also, great pictures :]

bee said...

the cakes look yummy and mouthwatering.... :)

R. said...

NINA.
Thank youu!
I have yet to see their beaches, but La Union is really starting to become popular because of it.

JAY.
Yup. It sucks. I don't like it. I don't think I'm LDR-material.

JOOPS.
If you do get the chance to visit my country, La Union should definitely be in your list of places to see.

R. said...

ROSE.
Will do, that's for sure.Ü
There are really a lot of places that I want to see before I settle down, which will not happen in the next five years (settling down).

LYNN.
Hahaa! Yes, I had a good laugh at that and even looked for the best-looking bench. Some of the benches had faded text on it.

R. said...

CLARE & ABBY.
Thank you girls :)

BEE.
True that! I wanted to have one that morning, but I was in the mood for something with Banana & Caramel. I wasn't that lucky, they didn't have it.Ö

Sassy Mom said...

Your photo with the "Avoid penalty, sit properly" sign really made me laugh. Nice to know you had an enjoyable weekend.

Anonymous said...

I havent been to LU.. thanks for the earlier visit also :)

reyapot said...

nice photos... advance happy birthday...

i am really going to make sure that we'll push through with our out-of-town get-away plans...

:-)

Ali.geezy said...

Mmm, cheap and yummy food?
Of course, who wouldn't go back?
lol
"don't even try to snatch your fone away"
Is there any places that do?!

Marice said...

what a fun getaway! for sure little u know your D will be home soon!

u may view mine here

R. said...

REYAPOT.
Thank yooou!
I say, go for it. Keep me posted when you have a new trip. I'd love to see photos and read about them.

ALI.
According to my cousin,
that's how things are in La Union.

Bambie dear ★ said...

I love your shots. Ive been to La Union but I can't remember how was it because that was long ago lol.

Advance happy birthday russ.. =)

krissy ♥ said...

I've been in a beach in La Union but I was super young then.. Nice photos! I am excited to go out of town, summer seems so near! :D

krissy ♥ said...

Oops, btw, rom-coms = romantic comedies :)

Sher said...

Ohh no, you made me wanna eat ice cream at 12 midnite!

It's too bad that your bf won't be there to celebrate your birthday:( Will he be on time for Valentine's day?

Post a Comment