☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
25 January, 2010

My "HERO TO ZERO" tweet Thursday night was about this:
Unless, I have an emergency, if I say I will be there, I am there. I make it a point that I am always on time, if not earlier than the agreed time. Even my own mother knows that I can be somewhat a Nazi when it comes to appointments and meetings. I don't like people waiting for me. I don't like flaking out. If there is an event or a meeting that makes me have to be late, I will make sure to let the other person know as soon as I can, AND I will make amends. It should be common courtesy right? It is more than valuing the other person's time, it is also self-respect.

My friend initiated this lunch two weeks ahead and backed out last minute because of a shallow and very high school reason, and so it looks like I won't be talking (again) to this person in the next few months. I can't delve into the details because it's going to be a dead give-away to those who know me outside the blog world.

Nothing pisses me off more than someone not having respect for other people's time. If you think you have all the time in the world, I sure as hell don't. See? I'm still pissed. I only wish more people realized how valuable time is.

Bookmark and Share

15 Comments:

joei ♥ said...

breathe russ... :) dare i ask who this person is?

Iza said...

I'm with you 100% russ. I'm also with joei... wondering who this is. =) - iza

Jessica said...

Oh my god, we're so the same. I hate it pag "ini-indian" ako eh! Especially, if it was planned, then a person will back out the last minute. I've had this experience before. Worst part is, she didn't answer my calls or text. As in, no call no show talaga! Nakakainis!

Olivia Liem said...

woah, ya that's annoying..

Ricademus said...

That really bugs me too! Like you, if I say I'm going to do something I do it (one of my early posts is about that). I have one friend I don't call for lunch anymore because she is always late. I call to check on her and we have the same conversation each time:

me: Hi X, Is everything okay?
X: Sure. Where are you?
me: At the restaurant.
X: Is it noon?
me: No, it's 12:15.

The only thing that changes is the time we were supposed to meet. LOL

R. said...

JESSICA.
What really pisses me off is that this was something planned and I + other friends cleared all our scheds for that lunch. She said there was a problem. I don't think she was expecting that I'd have a solution to the problem. I got the lamest, very high school excuse ever. Hay.

RICADEMUS.
Since we're friends, we're being taken for granted. Since we're their friends, it's okay to be late and to not respect our time ─ NOT. I hope you're not feeling guilty, it's okay not to call your friend for lunch anymore.

Noble Beeyotch said...

Hey Russ, I totally get what you are trying to say here. I also get really annoyed when people arrive late! But for some strange reason people think its fashionable to be late and I should be cutting them some slack! Its a strange strange world!

FJ (폐징) said...

i know how you feel...this kind of friend really pisses me off...

Jen said...

Aw, I hate that too!

R. said...

NOBLE BEEYOTCH.
Not to me, there is no such thing is fashionably late. It is very inconsiderate of people to make others wait for them, it's not a good trait at all.

FJ.
This was the post that I was telling you about, I remembered your post about your "Queen" Friend.

JEN.
Diba? Kakainis!

krissy ♥ said...

I hate it when that happens. It's better to say no than to back out at the last minute. At least if you said no at the onset, then the person who invited you can make other plans. x_x

JAY said...

Amen.
You know what pisses me off even more? When they don't even bother to let you know they bailed.
Leaving you to wait like an idiot and only finding out when YOU, yourself calls.
Time is very valuable.

R. said...

KRISSY.
That's true, a clear and EARLY no would have been better. That's definitely going to be much appreciated.

JAY.
Oh yes, that happens to me too! When these things happen, I really don't talk to them for months.

Richard said...

I agree, it is important to honour ones' commitments - well, at least interpersonal ones.

I hate it when people are late. A few minutes, I understand, but some people have no sense of time (sometimes it is cultural - I remember a Sudanese friend who showed up 2 hours late for a hike, we explained that in Canada, that is quite unacceptable).

My other peeve is people who don't give you their full attention - constantly checking the time or their cell because they have only an hour to give you. I have always preferred to give as much time as possible - granted, sometimes it is not possible, but ...

R. said...

Your other pet peeve is also one of my pet peeves, that's why I make a conscious effort not to bring my phone out whenever I'm at a meeting or with D or with friends.

Post a Comment