Grow old along with me!My birthday is on February 13.
The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. → Robert Browning
Yup, it's one day short of Valentine's Day and I'm glad that my Mother was so nice to not name me "VALENTINA". I'm not sure if this applies to other cultures, but here in the Philippines, parents kind of have a tendency to name their children with occasion-sounding names. Gah.
My friends used to tease me a lot when we were younger, telling me that guys who'd like me or those who plan to go out with will have empty pockets in February. Hahaa! Well they didn't seem to mind. In fact, there's been a pattern. I usually get a lovely, functional birthday present on February 13 then all the mushy stuff follows on February 14 ─ roses, serenades, chocolates, expensive dinner ... the works! The month of February actually feels like Christmas to me :)
---
GIRLS TALK is a regular Thursday thing.
If you want to join, weekly themes are in Niko Ganda's blog.

26 Comments:
I'd rather have a February 13 birthday than a Dec 24 birthday. At least valentine's day is all about sweet and romantic gifts while Christmas is all about your Christmas wish. Sad naman if nakalagay sa card is "Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas too."
Superga is the shoes to be seen in at the moment. No longer the chucks and definitely not the Keds.
advance happy birthday and happy valentines :)
LEAH.
Your post is very timely ─ a new pair of sneakers is in my list of things to buy :) I'll check Superga one of these days.
I have a friend whose birthday falls on December 23, I'm guilty of always giving him a Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas gift. Hehe. But he's a guy and he's not my boyfriend so I think he won't mind.
RJ's MAMA.
Maraming Salamat.Ü
Haha..I got a friend whose birthday falls on Dec 24th..Poor thing sometimes gets one gift only as bday and christmas gift..Indonesian likes to name their kids with the occasion thing also..My lil sis was born during the election day, thank God my mom didn't name her something electionish,hehe..But we always tease my sis about that..
wow I'm glad to know that we have the same birth month... I 'll visit you again sis. Have great day!!
my tito's bday is Dec 25, true enough his name's Noel. :) So he gets 1 present for both bday and christmas..
swerte na if he gets 1 "great" present for both hehe
hey diba si james dec 23 :) I just remembered P and J talking about his "gifts" talagang plural!
Russ, my kids are both December babies, that's why I know their predicament. Pero nasanay na sila now.
Get the Superga. If you're only here in Manila, they have a sale going on now.
My wife's birthday is Feb 16th. That week is very stressful and expensive! She's worth it and I'm sure you are too. But it IS nice to see spring arrive! haha~
remember the note you left on my blog... hehehe ung image on the left side of my header, hmmmmm i just downloaded some brushes eh... for photoshop... kaya aun... heheheh
and BTW,
advance happy birthday!!!! and Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
just imagine if your name is Valentina- your nickname would have been Val instead of Russ ;) and be like Kristeta.
Happy GT, mine is up na rin ;)
hahhaha i feel u ! :D mine's on feb 11 but of course, yours is like consecutive days hahahahhaa! tuluy-tuloy ang kasiyahan! :D
February is such a romantic month, so you can't help celebrating your birthday in a grand manner. ;)
My Girls Talk! entry is here.
alrights, double the fun..
you're a lucky girl=)
you must be feeling double the love then! lol valentina ;P
Wow, to think, February feels like ordinary to me. You're quite lucky celebrating the love month every year!
i know someone who was born on valentine's day. nick nya ay val. real name nya ay martin. ang layo.
Hi Valentina! =P
Sarap naman, daming gifts na matatanggap... Asahan na lang namin bonggang bday celebration mo ah.. hehehe
Wow, you are born on the romantic month, so every birthday full of love ka! Lucky you ;)
My RT entry is here.
OLIVE.
Ah. So it's not just a Filipino thing. I hope your sister doesn't mind getting teased all the time. I mean, that is definitely better than having been named after an event or occasion :)
JAC.
It makes me smile each time I learn that another person celebrates his or her birthday the same month as mine ─ it brings this extra connection. See you again, thanks for visiting.
AB.
Noel's okay, not as baduy as "Valentina" ─ bummer ha getting 1 present for both occasions. Hehe. Yes, James is celebrating his birthday on the 23rd and I am guilty of always giving him 1 present for both his birthday & Christmas.Ü
LEAH.
I'll most likely get one pair and try it out. I have to teach myself to wear sneakers again, thanks dear :)
RICADEMUS.
Hahaa! Yes, it is very expensive!
AILEE.
Maraming Salamat :)
DARLY.
Gosh. I wouldn't want to be called "Val". I'm happy with "Russ".
STEPH.
You're the third person I know who's celebrating her birthday on February 11 :)
MEIKAH.
As I grow old each year, the celeb gets extended ─ from 2 days, it's stretched to 1 week already!
ROANNE.
I don't have a choice :)
hello. I am also an Aquarian. we are so special, everybody is celebrating with us. hehehe
Happy Friday! God Bless!
Well, mine's on the 18th - not that the 14th was ever special for me.
That's funny about the whole "naming people by occasion" thing!
I've always thought having birthdays near holidays isn't a good thing. My sister's birthday is Jan.1 and she usually only gets her present combined with Christmas. At least it works out for you!
Post a Comment