
I wasn't expecting this to happen last Sunday. I must have had really high expectations with the brand that I have this urge to blog about the little casualty. Oh Well. Shit Happens. Now I have to find time for Retail Therapy so I can get a new "favorite" pair; they must still be BLACK because this color is very convenient for me :)
By any chance, would you guys know
if Havaianas can do something about this?

22 Comments:
You know what? I had 3 casualties already! Same thing happened. That's why I stopped getting something from Havaianas, unless it's too cute to let go (but I prolly not overuse such pair).
Ah. So far, this is just my first and it's been 3 years since I bought it. This particular pair may be a little overused. Since I have not been working months now and I live here in the South, we're pretty much used to wearing flip flops most of the time. I might just buy a new (black)one.
Maybe the Havaianas sacrificed themselves because you were in need of retail theraphy! =)
Call this coincidence..
My Mom can't walk right now. It was the right foot (of the Havaianas) that retired, left is still okay ─ I was supposed to throw it away, but found use for Mom's left food. But still, I will really get a new black pair.
I thought havaianas would be the most durable slippers but my kids had the same problem with theirs. Havaianas cannot do anything about it. Either you buy a new pair from them or try another brand.
The same thing happened to my very first pair! The worst thing was I was on campus the moment it happened and I had to walk barefoot just to catch a jeepney!
I never wear flipflops, because:
1) I don't like thingies between the toes
2) I have the idea that they can't be good quality...
3) I think I'm right, as seen on your post...
:P
loves
Oh no, I'm sorry about your mom. But it sounds like it was meant to be (about the Havaianas).
The same thing happended to my old pair of Havs (black color too). It's also about three years old. I'm thinking it must be their "expiry" date. Sulit na rin considering I used it almost everyday. So I bought another one. Didn't see any blacks though. I have a grey one.
LEAH.
Thought so too. Oh well, looks like they're not as durable as we think they are.Ö
NINA.
Gosh, hassle yun a.
Mine naman happened at around 3AM. I was with friends about to go home an hour after that :)
TOOTHFAIRY.
I've come to love 'em. My old work was spent mostly at the beach and then where I live, it has that steady kind of lifestyle. It's common to see people in Flip-Flops, male & female.Ü
RICO.
Your comment made me smile, onga siguro sulit na rin considering I was also wearing it practically everyday too!
I guess 3 years isn't bad. I just hope I find a black pair, it's really very convenient :)
I don't see this black version anymore. And yes I had a couple of accident with my Havs, I tip-toed on a crack concrete - not only it hurt, the chinelas even got thrown apart at pinilit kong ibalik sa butas, and onlookers were tsk-tsking their heads on me.
But havs are my bestfriends, esp the Brasil and thin sole.
I never buy Havaianas so far..But I have myself a similar black pairs of Crocs, and I love them..They're comfortable and durable..
K.
I ♥ Havs. I think I own more than 50 pairs, Reef and the other brands not included. Some of 'em I have never worn ─ ever. It's just that black pair talaga, my favorite.
OLIVE.
I've had a bad experience with Crocs last last year whilst at the beach, I was a casualty.Ö
yikes... lucky me, i have never worn havaianas.. hehehe can't afford one eh...hehehe:D too bad...
Had the same thing happen to my favorite gold pair :(
woah... things happen for a reason ;D new paiiiir haha
TEEYAH.
Baka yun talaga ang mabilis masira at unang nasisira sa Havaianas.Ö
STEPH.
Thought of that too! :)
That must be the reason. Must find time one of these days. Magkano na ba ang Havaianas now? Tagal ko na hindi bumibili.
You know, women seem to like black, but, IMO, I don't think black likes women. What would be wrong with blue (aside from probably not matching anything)?
hi Russ! had the same experience with my Havs. the only 2 pairs that i brought to the US last year just went straight to the garbage. i thought it happened because the rubber couldn't tolerate the change in weather (from sunny hot summer time to brrr cold). i got so dismayed coz i expected Havaianas to be really durable, since then i never bought another pair from them.
Anyway, u can check out Ipanema (also made in Brazil) or Gap if you're considering other brands. But well, Havaianas are Havaianas. :)
dapat may warranty yan. hehe. i heard yan problema ng mga havaianas. dont own one so i cannot attest to its durability.
EYMI.
I like how Havaianas feel. They're not too soft, not too "hard" too. Billabong & Roxy, super lambot. I I have pairs here at home na Reef, I should start using them too. I'll look for a GAP pair. Thanks.Ü
THE SCUD.
Serious? Dapat may warranty?
I need to ask about that. 3 years is a good life for chinelas right especially if you use it practically all the time.
Post a Comment