It's amazing how fickle friendships can become, being able to trust someone enough can take months, even years of bonding and conversations, and it can all be moot because of one misunderstanding or possibly even worse, such as someone’s disturbing need to bring amusement to themselves. Friends are an integral part of society, camaraderie are usually cherished and make the march towards death a bit more meaningful ─ something worth treasuring & worth living for.
True friends have the possibility to bring you happiness. These kinds of relationships are worth reveling in because we come across them sporadically.
Then there are those who disguise their malevolent reasons to befriend you, hiding their contempt while they converse with you amiably, attempting to derail your entire viability. Their loathing and hatred and need to slight another for the seemingly disturbing pleasure and to delight their vile core. Parasites.
I have participated with speechless rapture, the experience of these two associations. Some have lasted to form lifelong relationships that have endured to this day ... an affinity of trust, a harmony of personalities, mutual understanding and loyalty. Others however, resulted in the "dissolution" of the quasi-mutual compact, we call "FRIENDSHIP".
At times, online correspondences can become so much more than text on a screen. The utter anonymity between people and the necessity to judge someone not on their outward appearances, as in face to face encounters, but of their merits, has the ability to bring people so much closer, even if they are a great distances away from each other.
01 December, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 Comments:
You said that perfectly. I've had both too--real world friendships and betrayals. Plus, I've met people on-line who are kind and helpful just because that's who they are--not because they want something from you. Amazing is the right word.
We meet a lot of people everyday :)
Some are nice, some not-so-good.
very true russ! and blogging opened a far greater chance to this "friendship"! =)
this is so well put.. True friendship takes time.. You'll see who's true and who's not as time goes by along with the smooth and also the rough ride.. But it's always overwhelming to find the ones who stay with you all along..
Oh, I agree with the last paragraph :)
nicely written=)
genuine friends are so hard to find these days aren't they?
but they are priceless
It takes me a long time to call someone friend.
I like Seneca's thoughts on friendship: "You sent a letter to me through the hand of a "friend" of yours, as you call him. And in your very next sentence you warn me not to discuss with him all the matters that concern you, saying that even you yourself are not accustomed to do this; in other words, you have in the same letter affirmed and denied that he is your friend.
If you used this word of in the popular sense, and called him "friend" in the same way in which we speak of candidates for political office as "honourable gentlemen," and as we greet all whom we meet casually, whose name we have forgotten at the moment, with the salutation, "My Dear ..." - so be it.
But if you consider any man a friend whom you do not trust as you trust yourself, you are mistaken and you do not fully understand what true friendship means. Indeed, I would have you discuss everything with a friend; but first of all discuss the man himself. Before a friendship is formed, you must judge, after the friendship is settled, you must trust. Those persons who put the cart before the horse, violate the rules of Theophrastus, judging a man after they have made him their friend, instead of making him their friend after they have judged him. Ponder for a long time whether you shall admit a given person to your friendship; but when you have decided to admit him, welcome him with all your heart and soul."
we meet a lot of people in a lifetime but only some stay for good, who share their lives with you and you with them.
nicely written post. :D
I know a lot of people, but don't see all of them as my friends. In fact, I only have a few friends, and like to keep it that way. On the other hand, the blogosphere has giving me great online friends, what I really appreciate!
loves
OLIVE + MANJU.
And those who stay along can be called true friends and if we do find one, we should make sure we keep 'em :)
JASSY + THE SCUD.
Thank you :)
Agree with last paragraph too and im experiencing right now =)
Im so lucky that my friends are gr8 person but yes, we cant avoid parasites in our life..all we can do is try to understand that there are people like that.
Great post, sweetie! I've learned to accept that there are some people you will remain friends as and some who just drifted away along the years. Maybe it's because I'm jaded, I don't feel like I have many close friends that I can share everything with. So those who I can share with, I really appreciate them a lot:)
I'm all for blogging friends too!
I can't put it any more nicely than what RicAdeMus said. Most people I meet online (so far, and this includes you, Ate Russ) are genuinely helpful and friendly. As we don't know each other before, there is this tendency to be true to these people because we all start off a clean slate. There aren't any prior judgments or impressions. We get to be personal without feeling exposed.
JAK.
Once I sense that they're like that, I try to stay away from them to avoid getting hurt (by them) too :)
SHER.
I've "met" a lot of nice people merely from blogging way back 2003 ─ some of them, I already met in person + am still friends with them. They're one of God's sweetest blessings.
WEDNESDAY.
And I think most of us, when we write in our blogs, we don't BS around. Right? :)
Hello there! Enjoy the week. God Bless!
I agree with russ..
This is really true! I have a best friend online too, you can't judge a person only by their appearance. And it's good here on blogspot, most of them are nice people :D
well, i did that Russ...lately...but it doesnt work for me =)
Post a Comment