☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: What If Wednesday 003
04 November, 2009

WHAT IF...
I seriously wished that I never met certain people.Ö
There are times when I wonder if there are people in my life I wish I’d never met. I wish they had never entered my life and let me become emotionally attached or otherwise. I have always been a firm believer in the idea that each of us is like a hodgepodge of everyone, everything and every place that you have come across – even if it were for just a second.. every word you read, every person you talk to.. every experience and moment make up the person that you are right now.

I went to two interviews last week and I’m happy to say that I was proud of the person I was and have become. For some reason, during the interviews, when I was being asked of certain things, I was so sure of my answers, as if I know what I truly want. Sometimes thoughts of regret pass through my mind, but having given a lot of time to reflect on so many things, I'm not so sure if I still regret some stuff. There may be people that I wish I never met, but one thing is for sure – they’re part of who I was and who I am today, could be good and bad at the same time.

No Regrets

I dunno. It’s just something that crossed my mind. I guess I don’t really think things would be different without having met those people. I mean, I’m sure we were destined to meet in this lifetime, in one way or another. Everything I am now may be because of that. There may be moments that I don’t like it and how it made me feel, how I sometimes can’t let go and all, but I’m sure that there will come a time that I will make amends with my mind and I will be glad for every hurt and lesson I have learned. I’d still be thankful. How ‘bout you guys? Are there people that you wish you never met?

--
Image Credits: bluquote

Bookmark and Share

13 Comments:

Reagan D said...

tingin ko lahat tayo napagisipan din yan. marami tayong mga regrets at frustrations, kaya marami tayong "what ifs"..pero tulad nga ng sabi ng mga matatanda (ala little ms. phils), if we never met those people in the past, we wouldn't be the person we are today.
ayun.
til nextime, im nosebleed.
xD

Unknown said...

I also believe that we are all interconnected somehow, even online friends. We all contribute to how a person sees, thinks, and acts, even if we're not aware of it.
I hate regrets, and I TRY to take all the opportunities that come my way.

R. said...

MANIK_REIGUN.
Well-Said.Ü It depends na lang if the person likes the person that he or she has become.

RICO.
That should be our attitude, most opportunities come only once.

Bernadette Villanueva said...

Regret is something we can't escape, at one point & time, we do something stupid & then regret it. But between regretting and bringing "What Ifs" to my grave, then I'd rather be stupid than clueless. I mean, hey, I can die tomorrow, I have to live my life. Great post, Russ!

Unknown said...

I totally agree!
There are some moments (people, too!) in my life that I want to DELETE, REWIND, PAUSE, PLAY, PAUSE and PLAY ALL OVER AGAIN. But then again, if I allow myself to stay in THAT moment or SKIP that moment (or person), I wouldn't grow as a person. :[ If I have never met those people, I would be still be the mad and insecure kid that I was years ago. And that's scary. Haahaa!

[vayie] said...

You know what they say, everything happens for a reason. :)

jassy said...

as the saying goes, everything happens for a reason=)

Richard said...

I don't have people I never wish I had met. This doesn't mean I like everyone or have gotten along with everyone (believe me, some people I've encountered in my life have been nightmares on two feet).

I don't have regrets either. Sure, I can wish that things had happened differently, but to seriously brood about it? No. It is more like the feeling you have when you say, "Wouldn't it be nice to win a million dollars?" Sure, it is nice, but I don't get obsessed by it.

Toothfairy said...

I think everyone contributes to another person's life, for the better or worse. You learn from anyone, anything, that is how you grow. It's best not to regret anything though, because it's always part of you, it's just what makes you YOU!

LOVES

K.noizki said...

"Are there people that you wish you never met?"

No. Because everyone that I've met has made me who I am today and what I already am, even those bad 'people'.

Sometimes it's nice to look back, nothing wrong with that, but I like to moving forward and wishes to meet new people.

K

jak said...

we can avoid this kind of people because we live around them. In my opinion, the main issue is not how to wish we didnt (or never) meet them but how is our response when meet them. We choose how to response..(good ar bad)


Russss!!!!! dont give up!!!! u can DO IT!!! still waiting for ur good news =)

ps: tell me if u have seen Memento, ok?

Traveliztera said...

During the painful days, I wished I never met them but I thanked God for making them the instruments to make me stronger. :)

Tara Cabullo said...

Ah... Regret. I've too much of them but I'm glad to have lived my life the way I did because I feel I'm alive, not safe or tiptoeing anywhere.

Great post, as always.

Post a Comment