☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: My Chocolate Confessions
12 November, 2009


Don't wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty.
Chocolate isn't like premarital sex. It will not make you pregnant. And it always feels good. → Lora Brody, author of Growing Up on the Chocolate Diet
I cannot imagine a world without chocolates. I wonder if there is a person who's allergic to chocolates. Yay! That must be sad, huh? Even on a person who's watching her weight can't resist chocos sometimes. Most of you know that I've imposed a pseudo-strict diet on myself that started March this year, but after 7 months, I eventually caved in to this blissfully sweet temptation. In my post October's ULTIMATE Cheat Day, I had CHI'S BRICK OVEN CHOCOLATE CAKE.Ü I'm glad I did. I mean, I can't live without chocolate and that's a fact.

For the chocoholic Russ,
what makes my life even more wonderful are these two chocolates:
(1) Anything Belgian and
(2) Anything REESE's

These just make my heart melt and I do little crazy things because and for the love of chocolate. Hoo! I mean, these chocolates are enough reason for me to fly and live in Belgium.Ü I recall going on a date with a friend slash classmate years ago, way back High School because he gave me a beautifully wrapped, huge box of Belgian Chocolates. He was the first guy to ever give me those goodies and until today, I have no idea how he found out that I'm a sucker for Belgian Chocolates. Well, that was just one date. Hahaa! We're still friends 'til this day.

Belgian For Me

And then, there was this guy slash friend who I had a crush on for a while. Do you want to know why? I found out that we both liked REESE'S! It's insane, right? I rarely find people, friends who share this love for Reese's Chocolates. They're not too popular here in the Philippines so whenever someone goes to the States, I really ask them to get me bags and bags of Reese's. It's the only Peanut Butter - flavored food that I eat.Ö

Addicted To Reese's

Oops. I must have shared a lot already. I dunno what you guys think of me now after knowing that I go bonkers over chocolates.Ü Hahaa! Well, we all do pretty demented things every now and then, right? What I do know is that chocolate is good for me and for sure, it is also good for you. In fact, it can even help you go through stressful days, just make sure you have them in moderation. We just can't live without it because CHOCOLATE IS & IT'S GOOD FOR THE SOUL :)

---
GIRLS TALK is a regular Thursday thing.
If you want to join, weekly themes are in Niko Ganda's blog.

Bookmark and Share

25 Comments:

K.noizki said...

Hahaha you are a soul eater!

Anything sweet, I gobbled. My ultimate chocolates are from Godiva's but nothing beats Meiji's Almonds, Original M&M with peanuts & Curly Tops.

Hayy naku Russs, share ka naman jan, haha.

K

Olivia Liem said...

haha..it's a very cute post..And I should I agree that we should have our chocolate portion once in a while at least (for me it's more than once in a while). Chocolate does make your mood much better, doesn't it..
Btw, those chocolate in the picture loos extremely tasty!!!

Golden said...

I love chocolates too. I think sa chocolates ko pinaglihi si Jamjam. Bawal ang too much chocolates sa mga buntis so kawawa talaga ako noon. As much as I want to eat more chocolates I can't.

ellen said...

ur comments make me happy...God bless

Richard said...

Well, my son can't have chocolate or nuts or any cow dairy - it aggravates his eczema terribly.

Some chocolates are better than others. Coffee flavoured chocolates are never good.

I rarely order chocolatey desserts in restaurants because I find the over do it on the chocolate. On ewould assume a triple chocolate cake would be awesome - usually, it is too sweet, too chocolately (yes, chocolate can be too chocolately), and too greasy.

R. said...

K.
OMG! How can I forget CURLY TOPS and FLAT TOPS :) I must say, they're one of the best local chocolates around.

OLIVE.
I sometimes think that chocolates have this soothing, calming, and healing effect on me. Hahaa!

R. said...

GOLDEN.
Anything that we eat should be eaten in moderation :)

RICHARD.
I would love to try coffee-flavored chocolates. What particular brand is this? I've never tried it.

Mommy Liz said...

I have never tried Belgian chocos, since la naman nagbibigay ssa akin ng chocolate. It must be really mouth watering.

You're not the only one who loves Reeses peanut butter/chocolate cup. You and my husband will agree on this. He as a supply of Reeses cup every week. 2 packages (6-2 pc./pack) and hidden in his closet, and I have my Kisses hidden in mine..Hahaha!

We don't want the kids to find it, or they will go hyper (yeah right! excuse, excuse)

Thanks for the visit at my site.

Axel said...

ahaha, natawa ko dun sa mga explanation mo sa mga nagbigay ng chocolates sayo... todo explain at describe...

anyway, I also like Reeses.. alot of my friends also like it..

Hmmm, so kapag nagbday ka pwede na palang gift yun.. Dark chocolates ba ayaw mo??

one more thing, it is said that Chocolates help release stress or it creates HAPPINESS.. its something about hormones i guess.. thats why people who eat chocolates are always happy.. but not with their weight, i guess.. hehehe

jassy said...

i like belgian chocolates, too!=) and also reese...but i don't like cadbury...

theobroma cacao, other name for chocolates...food of the gods...=)

R. said...

MOM OF FOUR.
Definitely! Belgian Chocolates taste soooo good because it's the gourmet standard when it comes to chocolates. I'm happy to know that there is someone else who likes Reese's :)

AXEL.
I'm not a huge fan of Dark Chocolates. The only Dark Chocolate that I eat is that of Hershey's and that's semi-sweet pa.

Cecile said...

wow, i miss that curly top chocolate; that was my fave back in PI; belgian is good choc. too!

oo nga, minsan we don't care about calories basta masatisfy lang ang craving natin sa chocolates :-)!

Anonymous said...

Belgian chocolates are to die for! It's been a long time since I ate some Reeses.... hmmm you made me drool now

Manju said...

those chocolates look gorgeous O_O
we don't have Reese over here tho.
i'm a die-hard chocoholic too anyway, i wanted to marry willy wonka when i was small, so i could you know, get his chocolate factory haha

Toothfairy said...

yep, I love chocolate too, as a kid I didn't really ate that much, but now, I just love dark chocolate with truffle filling!


loves

C said...

i'm not that much of a chocolate lover so i'm not the type to go out and buy some BUT i have to admit that it's the kind of comfort food i love to have on down days.

R. said...

CECILE.
LOL. Yup, nakakaloka rin minsan pag puro calories ang iniintindi :)

CHARLES.
Do you have Reese's in Norway?

MANJU.
You're so cute!Ü If you're addicted to chocolates, I'm sure you'll love Reese's. If you get the chance in the future, try the original Peanut Butter Cups and the White Chocolate ones. The latter's just divine!

R. said...

The girl with the flour in her hair.
It's not too popular here that's why it's not sold as much compared to the more popular chocos.

Toothfairy.
You can never go wrong with anything Truffles.Ü

CLARE.
It's the anti-depressant powers of chocolates :)

Clarissa said...

Oh my!!I love Belgian choco,too!! Or Belgian soft creams, nakuu!!Masarap kumain ng chocolates lalo na pag pagod at stress ka,we have to moderate nga lang or else...

re:Royce' chocolates are available in Manila if you want to try, here's the address:
Konbini Store
57 Connecticut Street
North Greenhills,San Juan
Metro Manila 722.4263

niko said...

nice to see you here Russ! thanks for joining GT.. see u again next thursday if u still have time, please share your fave pastime with us! :)

anyways, i love ur quote. and yes by the way an officemate gave me reese's that chocoalte peanut butter sweeetness is perfect! my daughter loves it!

girls rule!
niko's blog
lover's mushroom
yena's world
online trends

husband of a blogger

Anonymous said...

Chocolate ang tawag ko sa isang officemate ko na ubod ng Kulit..graveehhh!

Richard said...

I usually manage to find the coffee flavoured chocolate in a box of truffles or pralines.

I'm sure they must sell them in the Philippines (but, then again, after my culinary experience in Spain, maybe not).

In Canada, you can buy chocolate covered coffee beans. Coffee flavoured truffles and chocolate bars (you can also find chili flavoured chocolate bars - they are not common and are specialty, high end type of chocolate).

And how about Coffee Crisp - probably the only palatable (to me) coffee flavoured chocolate?

You can try ordering from here.

And these Lindt chocolates are really good. I haven't tried them all, but I like the Cognac, 70%, 85%, and Intense Mint ones).

Cote D'Or also makes very good chocolates.

I should also mention that Godiva makes good (though pricey) chocolates (as does my sister, but she only makes them for Christmas and gives them away).

Lucia ♡ said...

Dearie if u would want me to i could send you some choco from Slovakia :)

Grace de Castro said...

super sarap ng belgian chocolates! the best in the world [isama mo na ang swiss chocolates!]

kg :)

Axel said...

Dark Chocolates tastes good and its healthy as well...

Post a Comment