Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. → PlatoI don't really need to make a list of why and how exercise can be beneficial for all of us. Regular exercise is necessary for healthy circulatory, respiratory and immune systems. When I decided to have my change of lifestyle late March this year, it started out as an acquired discipline that eventually became my favorite past time.Ü Increasing energy and endorphin levels, exercise is like an all-natural drug for me with the advantages of gained physical fitness and improvement in strength, endurance, and overall health.

So, if your main occupation has been "couch potato" for several months, you’ll want to start exercising gradually. Little by little build up your activities and how hard you work at them. Spend your leisure time wisely. Move it throughout the day! Get enough activity that makes you breathe a little harder. Five minutes here, ten there - add it up and go for thirty minutes a day. You don't have to suit up or be on a treadmill or any exercise machine to get the benefits of activity. Before long, you'll find yourself moving along with more energy and vitality!Ü
---
GIRLS TALK is a regular Thursday thing.
If you want to join, weekly themes are in Niko Ganda's blog.

12 Comments:
hey, i wish i have your discipline-this is a great and healthy past time.
Check out my entry, till next week's GT.
P.S.
Pls vote for my daughter ALTHEA INGRID S. BARON (#5 candidate) for the November Pinoy Smile of the Month. Click here to cast your vote. Thanks
I need to start working out again... I used to work out 3 times a week, now... none! :S
loved pilates!
loves
Waa! I am a couch potato myself. Seriously, I need to exercise my body. Argh!
i also notice that with exercise,the mind feels much more alive also. being active gives wonder to one's life! :)
kg
This is something that I have to do but haven't been diligently doing it. Hay!
My Girls Talk! entry is here.
Wahhhh! it never crossed my mind that exercising can be a favorite pastime, kasi di ako nag e exercise, but thanks for sharing..hehehe..
http://oneprettymother.blogspot.com/2009/11/gt-favorite-pastime.html
I've always thought of working out, but it never pushed through. Hence, I'm still trying as hard as I can to push myself, even if it means just jogging til I drop for starters. :P
Exercise makes people happy, coz it produces endorphins (happy hormones). Aside from the "nakaka-high" part, it makes people healthy, too!
A couch potato for several months? Ha! Try for several years. That's what happens when you get a desk job.
I have noticed that something "kicks in" while I'm walking. After 5-7km, I start to get tired and my hips begin to ache, but shortly afterward I seem to go into automatic mode and my legs detach themselves and function autonomously.
I never recall this happening when I was younger - and I used to walk just as much (or more) - the only difference was that it wasn't all at the same time, as it is now.
Hi sis, regarding my Pink Sisters' Convent post, yes, I believe they are in the same group with Pink Sisters' in Tagaytay. Are the nuns in Tagaytay wearing pink habits too? Just curious.. Hehe..
Exercise was my past time before, but now I've got no time to do it anymore.. But gradually I'm trying to get things back the way it was before... I love physical activities...
I so agree! When I became active again I felt good about myself. It made me feel beautiful again.
this is a reminder for me to get off my butt and put on my running shoes >_<
Post a Comment