I tell lies ─ at the gym! :)
Don't worry, I feel that they are somehow appropriate. I tell lies to myself to endure cardio. Only two more minutes, then I can get off the treadmill. I never get off .. not unless some impatient, wicked woman, goes around monitoring the data boards of my treadmill or any machine that I'm using, and this leads me to what I'm writing about today.
Most of the time, they can't even wait for you to finish your 3-minute cool down. These are the works of women who are on the heavier side, always wearing really tight clothes ─ I'm sorry to say this, but honestly mukha silang Suman. Sure, you want to look good when you're working out, but don't you think you should dress appropriately and accordingly, like based on your body type? Most of the time, they're in super body-hugging clothes that even a fool can tell that they can no longer perform the exercises properly because of what they're wearing. It's hideous and I get offended.Ö
Wearing the proper outfit is a must and that means your attire should not just look nice, but it should also be functional.Ü People should not make themselves look too desperate with the clothes that they wear. Know your limitations. Patience is a virtue, give yourself time and soon enough you'll be able to wear anything that you like and actually look gorgeous in it.
Gah. I've always wanted to say my piece about this thing. I cannot believe I've kept my mouth shut for this long. It took every last nerve in my body. So there, I've done it ─ not that detailed though because I want to spare you guys from that the gory stuff. Peace :)
17 November, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

22 Comments:
I agree! Especially sportswear was never meant to look good, they were meant NOT to hurt the body. Nice post :)
Lol... I've been reading a lot of reactions regarding such matter in different blogs.
Anyhoo, I haven't been that confident yet with my current body despite the fact that my trainer's telling me to start wearing my size already because I'm still stuck wearing my old huge clothes. My real reason why I was still wearing them was because I want to be comfortable... You know, loose clothes. Lol... But I'll start wearing my size soon (but of course not the body-hugging types)... lol.
hehe torture ba for you? baka naman they're trying to really "watch" and "see" if they're shedding of the weight..
orrrr baka since nag excercise na sila.. para pag pumayat sila yun pa din damit nila :) Menos gastos!
Hahaha..I always want to say something about this too..Yours here is about body posture, mine is about, err, age. I've seen so many "elder" ladies, around 50-60, strolling around the mall wearing something that I believe are stolen from their 20-year-old daughter's wardrobe. And they don't look flattering at all. No offense, some of ladies on that age still look great,but still..
How about those people who use blackberry while they work out?
How about those people who exhale too loud like as if they are moaning in bed?
How about those people who wear branded gears but spending time on a treadmill in 1.0kph moonwalking only to find out they are busy watching Oprah on a touchpad screen? Can't they watch them at home?
How about those guys who sweat like Rambo? The sweat is fine, they say it's a good way to exercise but how stinky does your armpit gets when it's wet? Should they take a shower first before working out?
How about those socialites who talks so loud on a mobile phone on "what to eat later and what resto we should go"?
How about those show offs taking a time stretching on a yoga mats infront of these good-looking guys? Ano to place to pick-up for sex?
And the list on "what to do when you are in a gym list" goes on... LOL.
K
There's Fitness First within our building (at RCBC) and sometimes when I go to that floor to buy something to eat, I would come across someone just as you described it. :) Napapa-uhmm na lang ako. Maybe, it's their way of motivating themselves to lose weight.
they want to feel sexy right away=)
TEEYAH.
Thank you. I hope a lot of people get to read your comment.Ü
STEPH.
Which blogs are these? I wanna read. I wear my size when I do my cardio, sagabal kase pag may sleeves yung suot mo. Weight-training, I prefer to wear shirts. In fact I get my weight-training shirts from the men's section & apparel. I get the smallest size and they're super comfy when you're working out, just wanna share :)
AB.
Yes, super torture. Ako yung nahihirapan for them!Ö Gusto ko talaga sila maintindihan. Haha!
OLIVE.
Oh dear, we have a lot of those "elder" ladies here too! You described them perfectly. It's actually worse when you see 'em wearing really bright-colored clothes even at Church :(
K.
Oooh! I soooooooo LOVE that list you gave. I'm super laughing my heart out right now. For me, this is the worst group → "How about those people who wear branded gears but spending time on a treadmill in 1.0kph moonwalking only to find out they are busy watching Oprah on a touchpad screen? Can't they watch them at home?" I call them I'M TOO PRETTY TO SWEAT" :)
VAYIE.
They're everywhere! Yeah, same reaction here ─ "Napapa-uhmm na lang ako."
You need to come to Canada where overwieght women dress inappropriately (and proudly, I presume) on the streets. Because looks nicer than a pair of tight, low cut shorts and a tight midriff exposing shirt on a seriously obese person (although, guys usually do away with the shirt and just let everything hang proudly).
"string" tank tops on really short, really muscular guys who have big egos...are kind of amusing.
I like how you connected their impatience when you're on the treadmill to their impatience when it comes to weight loss.
I didn't think of the gory details of how they look until your last line, and suddenly all the disgusting images came up of jelly-filled leggings, camel toes, sweat patches... thanks!
a lot of people, especially those so called 'socialites' only go to the gym to flaunt and flirt..not really to work out. thank God someone brought this up! I dont see a lot of blogs about this..
hahahha... well actually I do think a lot of people look good in the gym. but that's maybe because the gym I attended to, was full of rich and famous people... not sure.
but true, I've seen it too many times, not only in the gym. And it's kinda disturbing! :P
loves
RICHARD.
Oh. Is it just me or is it more acceptable in the Western side of the world?
BORAH.
Thanks! I guess they're really in a hurry to do everything. If there's a short cut, I'm sure they'd be the first people to be on it.
HUMANBULLSHIT.
Uy! Marami ako nakikita na mga ganyan kung san ako nag-gi-gym. They befriend and flirt the male celebs. They befriend and flirt with their male trainers.
TOOTHFAIRY.
Here in the Philippines, if they have tons and tons and tons of moolah, they go to beauty places for passive treatments, shortcuts to being thin.
I see a lot of those women too when I used to work out. Sakit sa mata! Buti sana kung eye candy!
There are a lot of overweight people in Canada (ha, I was one of them - now I am overweight in Madrid) - much worse in the US (where supersized takes on a whole new meaning).
I don't think people should be ashamed of who they are, but I also think there needs to be some baseline sense of decency (of course, Sofia will say that my tendency to wear "well worn" clothes shows a basic lack of decency).
grabe, this reminds me of stories from my cousin when she goes to the gym. ang pet peeve naman nya the ones who go there wearing makeup. there was one time that a celeb was there doing the same thing you described and full makeup pa talaga sya.
--clare
kudos on speaking up on these eye sores! (and i admit, i am one of the people who gets irritated by such obscenity, haha)
we better tell the fashion police quick! xD
ahahahaha! oh come on Russ, they think they're so sexy! don't you think so too? bwahaha xD
i actually wear loose fitting clothes for cardio, feels more free
Post a Comment