☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
10 November, 2009

In this hectic, sometimes chaotic life, we push ourselves to do more without the satisfaction of ever completing our "TO DO" LIST. Do you subscribe to the thought that more is better? I Can! Yet, I also know this is trouble for me because there is never enough.

I've decided that whenever I have a To Do List, the Top 3 Activities on my list MUST be done, no matter what. I get to decide what is most important for me to do in a day. The night before I designate my 3 activities that are most important for the next day and FIRST THINGS FIRST would be my little slogan when I start the new day.

At this point in my life, I recognize that I require feeling good about myself. My well-being is my most important intention of each day. This is my life and if I don't provide that warm and loving feeling towards myself, then who else will do it for me? Sure, there are wonderful people in my life who share this journey, giving me support, advice, laughter and fun times together. I'm able to share my stories and they listen, as I do to theirs. Yet, if I don’t feel good about myself, I can’t enjoy and relish the people who are in my life.

I know already that I try to do too much, get overwhelmed and sometimes, I may not be effective in my day. It's fine if I gather all the things I want to do on my list, but I only need to choose the Top 3. I may complete more and that would be great. When I complete my Top 3, I honor my well-being by celebrating what I have accomplished.

I give myself permission to enjoy what I do. If I complete more than 3, then I have dessert, but the main entree of my good feelings comes from the Top 3. At the end of my day, I recognize that I have kept my promises to myself. I feel I have supported the direction I want to go in my life and followed through with my decisions. I've learned that I can do what is important to me and trust that I'm on the right track in my life.

What does your To Do List say about you?
At the end of the day, do you celebrate what you have accomplished or beat yourself up for not accomplishing more? Have you learned how to take good care of yourself? Is your intention to be more self-loving?

Bookmark and Share

15 Comments:

Traveliztera said...

right now? i'm still lost. =\

i'm disappointed that all i've done during the past months was to workout, workout, and workout. =\ parang ang unproductive... ewan... super lost. probably next year marami na akong activities... =\

right now, i just feel bad.

K.noizki said...

It feels great when you accomplished on something on a daily basis. Sometimes they are the same-ol same ol yet, it makes you feeling "satisfied" at least.

First thing before going to work is to open my Mac while I sip a coffee, waiting to heat the water tunk. Follow with the clothes to wear and eat anything "instant". Noodles. Tweet. WP. FB.

On a day off, I would take a long nap, visit the mall (not necessarily buy), order a latte, eat my cheap foods and call home via long distance (if I have extra phone cards).

At work, I usually start with the 15mins rap session, opening business emails, reading yellow post it notes and laughing forcefully with the BOSS.

It's just Tuesday and I can't wait for the day off.

K

R. said...

STEPH.
Don't worry dear. We all know that the road to a healthier lifestyle is not easy. Once you've reached your goal, everything will fall into place + you can do anything you want + wear anything you like :)

K.
"ometimes they are the same-ol same ol yet, it makes you feeling "satisfied" at least." → I like this.Ü You accomplish sooo many things K! Awesome.

Hoobert the Awesome said...

haha.// kadalasan ate russ, di ko nagagawa ng "to-do" list ko. lolz. ay wait, meron ba ako nun?

Bernadette Villanueva said...

Your post got me thinking, that one, I've been too hard on myself, and two, I need a break!

I'm a slave driver to myself, and I always feel inadequate no matter how many people appreciate what I do. I'm OC to the sick level. ARGH. I'll try the top 3 trick you shared, I hope I can cope up and get my much needed break.

Hugs! =)

Richard said...

I don't do lists. Sometimes, I think I might be more successful if I did.

I have a very low sense of urgency for most things. As far as I am concerned, most things can be done tomorrow and consequently, most deadlines are arbitrary and artificial.

As I got older, the world seemed to move ever faster. The older I got, the faster the world moved and I had less and less time. Fortunately, this has stopped. For how long, I don't know. But I am grateful to have this opportunity in my life to simple slow down and smell the flowers.

jak said...

I put a serious intention bout this topic...Self lover? for me, it's quite similar with selfish (not exactly the same but close) There's a time when i want to please myself and forget my TO-DO-LIST or put my intention to others but it's not easy =) But, it will be different if we enjoy anything we are doing...

Axel said...

I also have this kind of problem sometimes, but its more for my personal TO DO LIST...

But if its for work or school, yes, you really need to have a TO DO LIST.. Still you have to make the top priorities, which is needed to be done immediately...

For my life, hmmm... Its a difficult thing for me, but still the only reward that I like is, a GOOD MEAL, SPA/MASSAGE and maybe a trip to a BEACH...

R. said...

.pOot!.
That's okay. I know a lot of people who don't have too. It's still the norm for some :)

The NeuroChiq.
I'm also OC.Ü I ♥ being OC, it's both a gift and a curse. I don't like the part when it becomes a curse.

Richard.
I guess having a list is a person-to-person thing.

R. said...

JAK.
I guess that "enjoying what you do" spells the difference :)

AXEL.
I agree, if it's for either work or school, we don't have that much choice. I hope you do get to reward yourself SOON, goodluck!

Olivia Liem said...

Live healthy life and do exercise, which I realize is one form of loving and appreciating oneself, are in my top TO-DO LIST now.this for me needs a lot of commitment.I've been inspired and encourage by some people around me, esp you :) to do this seriously.. I've been doing this the last few weeks, and doing okay (although sometimes some mango mousse crumble interrupt, haha). Wish me luck!!

R. said...

Of course dear. I'm happy that I have somehow inspired you to take on that path. You must promise me though that you'll tell me where to get that MANGO MOUSSE CRUMBLE when I visit Singapore ─ which I plan to do late next year :)

Clarissa said...

To do list? I don't think I have done that,Russ!I'm really occupied with my duty as a Mom and as a wife. The only thing that can make me feel satisfied now is be online blogging/blog hopping for sometimes ( when Wakaba is at school )and going out for a coffee break with friends ( minsan lang naman or else butas ang laman ng bulsa ko lol!)^_^

Axel said...

yeah!! I've wanting to go to Wensha for some nice massage, but got no time and no one to with me...

Tara Cabullo said...

Oh man. I've been wayyyy too hard on myself these days. :(

Post a Comment