☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
07 November, 2009

Here's a new way to hack your Facebook account. A Notification will be sent to you that one of your friends has commented on your status, it will open in a new page and tell you to re-enter your Facebook username and password. The page look’s just like the FB login page so be careful, don’t enter your USER ID and PASSWORD or it will be hacked.
This was shared by one of my friends and I thought I should also spread the word. SUPER HASSLE! I was so unfortunate to have experienced it last weekend. I was always being logged out of Facebook for unknown reasons and sad to say, I realized that if you encounter these problems in FB, users can't e-mail Facebook Staff .. so strange.

This info may be useful.
It's good to be informed and be safe at the same time.

Bookmark and Share

13 Comments:

Nina said...

Thanks for letting us know! I won't click on the email links anymore. I'll log in properly all the time.

Unknown said...

thanks for the info... i experienced something like this just this week so it kinda made me paranoid... had to change my settings... =\

Unknown said...

o yeah... a lot of fb applications are made for hacking as well... i hope ur not using those applications that are tagging your friends automatically... it takes info from your account as well

Richard said...

Always check the URL before entering information. Or, if in doubt, go to the page yourself.

Axel said...

So your FB was hacked already??

Olivia Liem said...

The whole Fb hacking thing is getting crazy..Thanks for spreading the news gal!!

Toothfairy said...

I've seen friends FB being hacked too! so annoying! Were you hacked then? thanks for posting this, russ!

loves

K.noizki said...

Best is to disable the 'send notification' status on your setting to avoid redirecting to the link from your inbox to fake FB login.

Thanks for letting us know. Is you account ok?

K

R. said...

The girl with the flour in her hair.
I was close to doing that. It was such a hassle going through that thing for two whole days, really irritating.

AXEL.
Not exactly. Someone was probably trying to hack it but I was online on both days that the attempt was happening. I must have changed my password at least 25 times on both days. I think my account's okay now.

R. said...

TOOTHFAIRY.
I think there was an attempt, but it may not have been successful because everything in my account still looked normal to me, nothing seems strange since that weekend.

K.
Where do I look for that? Even if I've been in Facebook for years, since they always "change" its look and other things about it, I still get confused.Ö My account's okay now :)

Traveliztera said...

what is up with my comment... that's not my name here =\

Axel said...

I see, thats good.. Maybe you have a stalker..

Lucia ♡ said...

My FB got hacked in March 2009 so i know how that feels... :(
Don't ever wanna experience it again! Thank you for sharing this info dearie *hugs*

Post a Comment