☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
15 October, 2009

There is a pattern emerging. If I skip even just one day of running or working out, I am cranky and a little hateful the next day. Once I get the run in? Happy as a clam again. So I’m thinking ─ for the sake of those closest to me, I should probably try to fit that run in every day.Ü

---
People in Manila. Check this out. I'm definitely scheduling a Cheat Day soon! This is from a Tumblr Post of my friend, Joei. Thank you for sharing!

Promo: Pepper Lunch

Bookmark and Share

14 Comments:

jak said...

Ha3 that is strange (ur pattern)..and what is the cheat day? the day is making me so curious..

ps: i like the way u named ur labels "Run Russ Run" that's cool! and thanks for the polaroid links =)

R. said...

Thanks Jak! Did the link excite you?
---
I'd like to have a Cheat Day so that I could eat at Pepper Lunch. That's a huge meal served with RICE.Ö The experience won't be complete without the rice. LOL.

Eloisa said...

Omigosh, that looks so yummy! I want to try Pepper Lunch, and bite into their delectable-looking steaks. And maybe even get a glimpse of Cecille Van Straten (chuvaness.com). :-)

Olivia Liem said...

Russ, I always thought Pepper Lunch meal is not huge @_@
Oh no, I really think I should start reducing my eating capacity...

Traveliztera said...

Hey russ! :D Hahaha ako naman i get depressed kapag walang exercise sa isang araw. My trainer and i noticed na pag everyday ako nag-eexercise, d na ako naglolose weight kasi nga diba nag-aadapt agad ung body ko ... nung hindi everyday exercise ko, dun talaga ako naglolose weight pero the prob is, lagi akong naguiguilty pag wala akong exercise sa isang araw. haha. down na ako ng day na un haha. same sentiments russ. haha !

i'll be having my cheat day this sunday. hahaha. but it sucks because even during my cheat day, i feel so guiltttyyy (which is so bad)... i end up eating a subway veggie sandwich instead. SUCKS ! all those rice russ--it really would make me feel guilty on a cheat day hahaa. cheat day= guilty day. hahaha. but i have to get used to having a cheat day to make me feel happy naman but the prob is, i still have to deal with the guilt feelings. I SUPER WANT TO EAT THERE dati pa but the rice really makes me back off. hahaha.

jak said...

LOL..yes, there's Pepper Lunch too in here..but the price is quite expensive. The link is exiting!! this is really a good news for us =)

R. said...

STEPH.
Hey, we're the same. I used to workout literally everyday but like you, it slows down the weight loss. What I do now is I make sure I give my body time to rest. I'll exercise max of 3 straight days and then rest. On days when I don't workout, I really count calories.

Try to count calories on your cheat day. Basta diba, 1 pound is approximately 3,500 calories. If you have rice, just make sure it's just one cup, that's about 230 calories. It's best to have it in the morning, basta earlier part of the day so you have the rest of the day to burn them.

OLIVE.
I'm not sure if it's different there, but I can't finish a meal at Pepper Lunch. I have to bring friends with big appetites to help me finish my food.Ö

Traveliztera said...

onga e... i literally count the calories and in my notebook, i make sure that i was able to burn 500calories that day and ina-adjust ko sa calorie intake ko... may rest days ako in-between ng intense workout days... pero sometimes if you're used to the routine, nakakaloka... i just can't stop. =\ hahaha anlakas ng guilt feelings ko. even the rice thing hahaha. kasi parang na-ban na sa utak ko lahat ng refined grains hahaha. i haven't eaten rice for some time now... dati 1/2 cup lang ako then suddenly, natanggal ko na. ahaha. the guilt feelings--so annoying. pero pag may kare2x naman minsan (events mode), i put like 2tbsps of rice sa plate just to make kare2x yummier. hahaha. man. i'm trying to train my brain right now that it's ok to cheat sometimes--SA FOOD.hahaha.

Traveliztera said...

thanks btw for telling me your routine hahaha :) kasi routine ko is MWF =intense workouts then SatSun=rest days
ung T,TH ko = cardio days

pero i eliminated my T,TH kasi i really lose more weight when i have a lot of rest days kasi those intense workouts are really intense. haha. scared to lose the muscles instead of the fat kc db that happens when everything is just too much

R. said...

I learned how to adjust when I'm at a party because people get disappointed when you don't eat diba? It's a typical Filipino thing. So I eat, but I always avoid pasta and rice, but if ulam galore yung party ─ I eat rice na rin. Basta makita nung host that I'm eating and then I drink a lot of water + talk to everyone + eat super slow. Those are my tricks so I don't overeat.Ü

Rest is still very important for the muscles to rebuild and grow. You can't have intense workouts everyday. Naku, it's going to wear you down din. And then what the Slimmers people are changing my program every two weeks to avoid the much-dreaded plateau because I'm at the last stretch, mas mahirap alisin.

[vayie] said...

Sayang. Walang branch near us. :(

Richard said...

It could be that the exercise helps you detox your body of stress.

It could be that you are just put out when your routine is disturbed.

It could be that your running / workout time is personal decompression time. When you skip it, do you substitute some other "me" time activity for it?

I know that I definitely need "me time" to properly detox / decompress.

Thanks for the picture, gives me an idea for dinner tonight.

jassy said...

maybe you feel guilty for not working out...just cut on the food intake if ever...about the weight loss, there will come a point when you'll have stagnant weight even if you exercise...i think that's normal=)

Clarissa said...

Hey Russ!!Bring me with you to help you finish your food lol!!Ok yun sa mga nagda-diet--you don't feel guilty kung meron mang left-over sa plate mo,merong ibang kakain sa half and that's me lol!!\(^0^)/

Post a Comment