☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: President Material??
13 October, 2009

There is a song that goes, "Do not let the right hand know what the left hand is doing." It's not proper to boast of things that you give. If you're running for office, you should not broadcast that you're helping this and this. If you sincerely want to help others, you will do so without "advertising" yourself. Don't get me wrong, I all for helping those who are in need and those who are less fortunate than us, but there are effective ways to do this. Letting not our right hand know what our left hand is doing makes our charity more effective.

One thing's clear to me now and I am more certain that I will NOT vote for Manny Villar for President come 2010.

Sa TV araw-araw na nakikita mukha mo! Hanggang pa naman sa mami di ka nagpaawat! Libre ngayon, sa eleksyon and singilan! Walang libre sa trapo! Ang bawat ibigay nila ay may kapalit! Manny, matatalo ka sa eleksyon promise! ─ MAE PANER, from Facebook
Mami Villar

Trapo

By the way, I saw this one while doing volunteer work one time during the first week of Ondoy. One of my friends did tell me that the labels were doings of people who dislike Manny Villar ─ it wouldn't be easy to believe that after seeing the photos that are going around in Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter. People are just disgusted.


---
Thank you to Mae Paner for sharing the album link in Facebook. Big thanks to Tina Bustamante Tubongbanua for posting those photos.

Bookmark and Share

16 Comments:

jak said...

politics...politics...politics...

well, POLITIC these days is not POLITE at all lol

joei ♥ said...

so i guess these new set of pictures rebuffs villar's excuse that the plastic bags containing relief goods had his face on it not because he wanted to campaign but because they had no time to buy new ones and figured it would save time if they used what was on hand (which was campaign materials).

hay naku. kala ko katropa ko, yun pala trapo.

:D

Eloisa said...

I don't blame the guy...he spent a lot on the goods, so he might as well advertise a lot. hehe.

I just hope that people around us are not easily swayed by these "ads" and let this influence their votes and choices just so.

Eloisa said...

and by these, i meant the "attempts" to sway people with band-aid solutions like relief goods. Lang. :-)

aceychan said...

i want manny villar to be president as our country needs a businessman... BUT... these... they all look kind of desperate and outright obvious. lol.

Traveliztera said...

i'm still hoping for one thing... na sana marunong pumili ang mga tao at hindi nadadala dahil lang they feel like they have this utang na loob thing... nothing against manny villar and the other politicians but in the end, nasa atin pa rin ung last say (errr unless may mandaraya sa elections ... =\ ) so... errr... hahaha. nvm.

JENIE=) said...

well said russ!

it pisses me off as well to see them advertising themselves and all those help "kuno" that they do. so obviously "PLASTIC" (filipino term that's so common during the elections).

it's even better when you don't see them in the commercials!!!

[vayie] said...

Maque-question mo talaga yung sincerity nila eh no? If he'll not run for the elections, will he be as fervent and intense? Kaya mas bilib ako sa mga taong tumutulong pero insisted on being nameless and anonymous.

ReadWriteSnap said...

kailangan pa ba talaga na may pangalan???

R. said...

VAYIE.
It's really difficult to say what his real intentions are with these materials. People who surround him may be the ones giving the suggestions, but I think he should know better.

STEPH.
I'm also hoping for that. I hope Filipinos won't vote based on popularity and whoever is top-of-mind.Ö

JENIE.
True. I prefer to see them in forums and debates. I actually want to attend one.

R. said...

ACEY.
He has to do something super great that it will make people forget that he had these materials. Hehe. People tend to remember bad things pa naman.

SONIA.
I'd like to think that people who will be voting in 2010 have already learned their lesson. Hindi tayo dapat madala sa advertisements, lalo na sa relief goods.Ü

JOEI.
Yeah naman, trapo talaga. I wonder what his excuse is this time.Ö

JAK.
Tada! Welcome to Philippine Politics. Hehe.

jak said...

I think it's not only in Philippines but in almost everwhere including my country but we can pray for them so they can change =)

Reagan D said...

ang tulong ay tulong.

ang tulong na di bukal sa puso, di natin masasabi.

pero ang taong makapal ang mukha na handang magpapogi kahit sa panahon ng kalamidad, ay josko.

sana magisip2 ang bawat pilipino.

Kaitlin said...

MY GAWD this is just bad. Villar is just filthy as everyone else. This some-sorta campaign is just shameless. :( It's just really disappointing how these supposed leaders act some times. I mean seriously, they should just be buried into oblivion. Grr.

Clarissa said...

Naku ha,pati ba naman ang pagtulong (kuno)sa kapwa eh ginagawang kampanya sa eleksyon--talaga namang mautak!!Grrr!!

Nina said...

I know most of his constituents here in Las Piñas will not be voting for him. He didn't even send relief to those affected in the squatter's area in our own village (where he lives, BTW!).

Post a Comment