☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: World Pyro Olympics 2009
12 October, 2009

Helping a friend spread the word. I've always wanted to watch the World Pyro Olympics since it was brought here in the Philippines; it's always been a much-awaited event and it follows that it's well-attended. They have a new venue this year. I already text-ed some friends and we're already doing some planning. One of my friends told me that we could watch it from a friend's building because he's sure we'll get a good view from there ─ so we'll see who's game and how far we'll go. My fingers are crossed, I hope I get lucky this time.Ü

NEW VENUE for the World Pyro Olympics 2009. The World Pyro Olympics 2009 will be held at the Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines.

This year features a NEW SHOW FORMAT to be used by competing countries. Each pyromusical composition will run for 18 minutes and have the added feature of low-level effects, which were not utilized in past World Pyro Olympics, as we were shooting from barges on water. Synchronized musical scores will be played through sound systems on the event site.

Ticket reservations will be available soon, and ticket sales begin in October. Please check their Facebook Group for more updates.

EVENT DATES, 5 CONSECUTIVE SATURDAYS:
November 14, 21, 28 + December 5, 12
Date of Firing Performer
  • 14 November - Korea, USA
  • 21 November - Germany, China
  • 28 November - Japan, Australia
  • 05 December - Canada, Italy
  • 12 December - Highlights from the participants
    La Mancha Group International (Closing Display)
  • TICKET PRICES PER SHOW:
    VIP PHP 1,500 inclusive of dinner
    SVA PHP 500
    GVA PHP 200

    DISCOUNTED PRICES FOR 5 SHOWS:
    VIP PHP 6,000
    SVA PHP 2,000
    GVA PHP 800

    We are now accepting reservations for VIP and the Special Viewing Areas. Please call 568-6908 or 384-0239 for reservations, World Wide Womb. Limited VIP tickets only. Reserve now!

    ADDITIONAL INFO: This will be located at The Fort Open Grounds behind High Street, near MC Home Depot. VIP comes with a free dinner from VIA MARE and all VIPs have sure seats. VIP and SVA are in front of the GVA (General Viewing Area). There will also be enough food booths and seats at the SVA although you cannot reserve seats there — first come first served. :)

    Gates open at 3PM, but fireworks start around 6:30PM.

    ---
    I found this in Tumblr, from the site of Girl Seeks Bliss. It find it rather unusual!Ö I've never heard of it before and I wonder if it actually works. Just imagine how helpful and useful this product would be...


    Bookmark and Share

    8 Comments:

    engel said...

    i hope i could still see the fireworks from home even if they moved to the fort.

    Lucia ♡ said...

    I have heard about the good effect of a chewing gum on our brain many times before.It is said that chewing stimulates our brain :)

    I am not a scientist to give u a proof on that though,so everyone has to try it out for themselves i guess.

    Unknown said...

    Nice. Thanks for the update. Fireworks are fun! I sure would like to get some of those SVA tickets.

    Bernadette Villanueva said...

    I still remember how we get stuck in Coastal & Macapagal Road for 5 hours because of this event, that we left the car in the middle of the road (like most did), and just ate & laughed about it =p Thanks for the update, I hope traffic is better this time =)

    C said...

    that would be fun to watch...i remember dati my friends and i planned to go pero di naman kami nakapunta. maybe this time we can actually go and watch.

    R. said...

    ENGEL.
    Where do you stay? So you mean when it was at MOA, you can watch from your home? And then if they transfer to Fort, you can still watch? Ang galing, super strategic yung location ng house mo.Ü

    LUCIA.
    I've read about that too. It helps you memorize whatever you're studying by at least 40%. I just forgot where I read that. I should have learned that trick years ago, it would have helped big time when I was still a student.

    RICO.
    I think you'll already get a good view from there. Goodluck!

    The NeuroChiq.
    Oh yes! I remember that my friends avoided that area because we heard that traffic was just terrible!

    CLARE.
    Puede na nga patulan yung VIP, at least you're sure to be seated and you have food. I super doubt the SVA if you'd be sitting there, especially if Fort yung venue. We got tricked na before when we watched a concert of Boyz II Men. We paid so much for our ticket ─ we were supposed to be seated, but we never got to our seats. Hassle.

    Traveliztera said...

    aw. i won't be around when this happens. :(


    as for that gum--hahaha. i hope may gum din to suppress appetite. oops. so unhealthy! hahahaha.

    Kaitlin said...

    I've never been to the pyro olympics before but I bet that it's definitely a sight to see. :)

    Hey, can I have some of that gum?

    Post a Comment