☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Less Action. More Talk.
05 October, 2009

Let us remember that, as much has been given to us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and SHOWS ITSELF IN DEEDS. ─ Theodore Roosevelt
Lately, I've appreciated much more the meaning of ACTION and how it really does speak volumes about a person and his or her character. If there's one thing that really irks me, it's got to be people that think they're all that when really they aren't. I'm sure you have met at least one person like that in your life. It can be irritating when people are all talk, talk, talk, talk, talk but when it really comes down to it, they chicken out when it's time to do, do, do. You know what I mean? I prefer the gentleman who braved the floods, rescued his neighbors, and prefer not to talk about it compared to those that I see on TV all the freakin' time that had better means to save more people but chose to only save one person. This does not just apply to celebs, it also is applicable to politicians especially those running for the 2010 Elections. And lastly, even if we're not a public figure, this also concerns us ─ LESS TALK, MORE ACTION. Really, I'd rather be the quiet person who truly deserves merit, than be the other kind who points out the littlest things he or she does to earn said-merit by self-proclamation. Well DONE is bunches better than well SAID. It is best to be modest in speech but exceeding in action.

---
I enjoy reading the tweets of Defense Secretary Gilbert Teodoro. I'm not campaigning for the dude okay? I recently started following him in on Twitter. He's one of the few public figures who tweet useful info. He is almost like a one-person news center, really keeps you informed which I think is good. I hope that he is personally updating his Twitter status and not just some assistant is doing it for him. Nevertheless, if you have Twitter, I reco that you follow Mr. Defense Secretary: @giboteodoro

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this. Talk is cheap!
I read on Twitter too that some don't release goods until a certain celeb or politiko arrives with media to cover his good deeds. Grabe!
Sana dumami pa yung tao na nagbibigay ng tulong anonymously.

Traveliztera said...

Sooo true. I'm totally irritated with those people who looooooove to talk yet they don't act on whatever they're saying. Their compensation is just... hay. That's why may sinasabi ako lagi na kung sino pang tahimik, mas may napapala kesa sa puro blab blab. Hehehe. Usually, kung sino ung super salita nang salita, un pa ung walang nagagawa kasi parang dinadaan nalang nila sa words to make them look really important and d nila narerealize na d nakakaimpress. Haha bitter ba sa mga ganitong tao? Lol. Not really but I do hope that these people would realize how it is still important to BE MORE OF AN ACTION-PACKED PERSON than A TALKER. lol. nice post. :D

wanderingcommuter said...

i totally agree...

Clarissa said...

Hayzz...Merong ganyang tao talaga--puro satsat wala namang gawa!!

Reagan D said...

re: gibo's twitter acct, im not sure whether mlq3 (manuel quezon III), or julius babao or jim paredes tweeted it, that when gibo was asked on what he thinks or what are his reactions on the tweetreports to him (this was just a few days after ondoy), he's got no clue about it.

then that celeb suggested to unfollow gibo for he's not even aware of the tweets on his supposed acct.

so there.
(im not a hater, just got it from celebritweets.hehe)

Post a Comment