☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Ondoy... What Have You Done?
26 September, 2009

I'm stuck at home. I do not have a right to complain. The Supreme Court postponed the last day of the bar exams to October 04. I've seen the photos shared by people in Facebook, it's shocking. La Salle's a mess... when I was in college, I never experienced or saw DLSU get hit by a flood.

I was watching the news, reading updates from Inquirer Dot Net, and friends in Twitter & Facebook, sending text messages to other friends just to make sure they're all okay. This typhoon is scary and depressing at the same time. I still cannot get over the fact that a portion of Parañaque is affected by the floods; reports say that there are about 5,000 families in that area who need food & clothes. WILD.

I'm sad that I was not able to hit the gym today, but I don't think it's wise to go out. I shouldn't even be thinking about working out when a lot of people are out there in worse situations. I wish that Typhoon Ondoy would go away, please Lord, please make this typhoon leave our country.

I hope everyone's safe and dry.Ö
Have faith guys, this too shall pass.

--
If you know anyone who needs assistance because of the typhoon, they can get in touch with:

  • National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC)
    (632) 912.5668 | (632) 911.1406
    (632) 912.2665 | (632) 911.5061
    (632) 734.2118 | (632) 734.2120

  • Senator Manny Villar's Text Hotlines
    (63) 917.4226800
    (63) 917.2414864
    (63) 927.6751981

  • SEND FULL ADDRESS of friends and family who are stranded to
    Senator Dick Gordon or Philippine National RED CROSS at these numbers:
    (63) 917.8997898
    (63) 938.444BOYS
  • Let's help our fellow Filipinos who our help. Relief goods may be sent to the following:
  • CARITAS MANILA OFFICE
    Jesus St., Pandacan, Manila | near Nagtahan Bridge
    (632) 563.9298
    (632) 563.9308

  • RADIO VERITAS
    Vertutas Tower, West Avenue cor. EDSA
    (632) 925.7931 to 40




  • It's time we listen to her warnings. Let's be thankful we still have a roof over our heads and pray for the families who have been displaced by the flood. → My friend, Ariane's status in Facebook.

    ---
    Thank you to Yahoo! NEWS for the weather update. As expected, PAG-ASA's site is down. PHOTO CREDITS to the following:
    Lizette Co La Salle
    @clayman79 Car Roof
    @inquirerdotnet Dog

    Bookmark and Share

    8 Comments:

    K.noizki said...

    OMG this is sad news. I'm calling my family in Bicol and see if they're all ok, this making me worried. Isolated areas lang ba to or all over Philippines.

    You see our province had been hit by too many typhoons, we get used to it, so we ignore warnings until, I think that was 3 yrs ago, the super typhoon came, nakakatakot talaga.

    Tuloy, I felt guilty with my new purchase after reading this. Kainis.

    Stay safe and dry.

    K

    R. said...

    The typhoon is here in Luzon. The photos that I posted here are just in Metro Manila. They haven't shown much of the provinces; the footage I've seen on TV are all Metro Manila. Someone even said that Manila looks like a scene in The Day After Tomorrow.

    Hope your family's safe.
    Be safe too.

    Eloisa said...

    I've never seen anything this bad...sure there was typhoon Frank before, but it was nothing like this. I have family in manila too..i'm really worried.

    krykie said...

    hello! :)

    anyway, about po sa layout. Ü
    whole day for me is enough. hehe.
    kase de naman po maxado madami akong nilalagay. :_
    konting edit lang from my previous layout :D

    krykie said...

    sobrang suffering yung dinulot ng bagyo ngayon nuh T_T
    some lost their houses
    others have nothing to eat

    saklappp. :(

    Clarissa said...

    OMG!Di ko alam yan!Ngayon pa lang ako nakaharap sa pc and never read the news!Thanks for this,Russ!Ok lang kaya sa Negros?

    re:The French Camembert pizza have 4 kinds of selected hams( nama ham/prociutto,roast ham,peppered ham and peri smoked ham),fresh tomato,mayonaise,onion,parsley and some meat sauce,topped with black pepper.
    Thanks for always dropping by,Russ!Happy Sunday!!^_^

    Traveliztera said...

    Grabe kalungkot tignan. I also saw a vid of the flood sa alma mater ko pati ung hospital -- sa uerm. tapos may isang doctor pa ron sa car na na-stuck and nagbabanggaan na lahat ... grabe super nakakadepress pero this is really a wake up call... we have to help each other to make everything and everyone be better again -- PLUS MORE PREPARED next time...

    Anonymous said...

    Omg. Kuya showed me these pictures before I left for NY for the day last Saturday. I didn't expect it to be so bad. Then when I came home that night, I got so freaked out by the pictures of the rest of Manila online.

    Glad you're okay and well enough to help others by volunteering. Still trying to figure out how I can help from all the way here.

    Will be praying for Manila. Take care.

    Post a Comment