☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Another Day To Be Thankful For
24 September, 2009

Being preoccupied with words is more pleasant than being lost in thought with medical things. I have always enjoyed not thinking about physical ailments and have been blessed all my life, until last year, with good health. Actually, I feel that I am in good physical shape once again and each day I hope that the worst is over – no final words from my doctors yet because I am still under observation … who would have thought that a small, not-so-famous, and probably most ignored part of the body called a THYROID, could greatly affect every single system and organ in a person’s body?

Sometimes, it can be depressing, but one of the most important things I have learned from this travail is how many kind and caring people I have around me. I thank any of you who happen to read this, you know who you are! I have also, not surprisingly, gained a more profound appreciation of the value of being alive. In a way, I think that the main lesson I ought to bring with me always is that, it could have been really worse but God works in ways that I can’t explain, but I certainly learned to feel, be grateful for, and love the main roles that the Thyroid does.

---
I saw this earlier in Facebook. I thought it was funny and would like to share it with you guys. ... no pun intended here, just for laughs.Ü
Photo courtesy of PINUNO, thank youuuu for sharing this one!


---
South Peeps, there's a BELLEVUE BAZAAR this weekend.
Drop by if you have time, details are in Abby's blog.

Bookmark and Share

15 Comments:

Unknown said...

Suuuuweeet! :)
Ang sarap nya....saktan! :)

Seriously though I find her very entertaining. She's silly and crazy.

theLastJedi said...

' wheeww.. you have thyroid disorder? quite tricky considering the endocrine system involves a lot of negative feedback mechanisms, kung baga tumutulay ka sa alambre coz you try to balance everything. as a nurse who cares for patients and oversees their progress all the time, I am glad that somehow you saw the brighter side of being unhealthy. it's important that you accept your condition, fight it and be optimistic about it. wallowing would only make it worse. you take care. =)

Ronnie said...

no offense to those who feel otherwise but i just cant take it whenever i see any of the pacquiao family's commercials... sorry. :(

there are certain things that we can only learn in pain... at the birth of a star, there is pain.

cheers!

www.ronikage.com

Joemill said...

Writing about your illness and still seeing the brighter side of life (apparently, Aling Dionisia made you happy), so brave of you. Just keep an optimistic attitude and I'm sure he's hearing your prayers. God works in mysterious ways. :)

[vayie] said...

I have the very same sentiment too. My thyroid almost took my life. Not my heart, my lungs, liver or kidney... but this teeny-weeny thing called thyroid. Who would have thought `di ba? You can always hear everyone say: "Goiter lang `yan..." -- yun pala...Hayy.

Just like you, I'm happy to be alive. =)

Olivia Liem said...

hey gal, I just checked about thyroid (I've forgotten all about what I studied during highschool biology) and I see that it can be quite annoying..But I'm happy that u're overcoming it and still able to be grateful for everything, that's one cool attitude u got there :) And i see that u have a healthy lifestyle now with all the diet and exercise, and of cos positive attitude, so I'm sure you'll be just fine :)

R. said...

RICO.
Hahaa! Yes. She has this giddy vibe.

theLastJedi.
Thank youuuu for those words of encouragement!Ü As difficult as it is, I choose not to let it stop me from doing what I want to do so slowly but surely I'm taking things one day at a time.

RONNIE.
I'm not her fan too. I just had a really good laugh with that artwork.

"...at the birth of a star, there is pain." I agree. Experience really is the best teacher with pain as the "assistant".

R. said...

VAYIE.
Yes! Yes! It almost took my life too. I don't quite get it why people initially say, almost automatic, "Goiter lang `yan..." just like what you said.

Ang dami-daming Thyroid disorders, iba-iba pa and papalit-palit pa. I never understood what its function is until I got sick and even if I explain it to people, they just give me this blank stare unless I'm talking to a nurse, a doctor, or someone who's also had this thing. Obviously, hindi nagre-register sa kanila yung sinasabi ko.

OLIVE.
I'm loving this new kind of lifestyle. Oh dear, I don't think I was listening to my Biology teacher when I was in High School when the Endocrine System was being discussed.

JOEMILL.
Thanks so much!Ü It wouldn't help if I sulk and mope around because of this. In anything, not just with illnesses, we should always try to see the good in it and somehow make it work for us.

Anonymous said...

hi russ! thanks for commenting on my post :) you haven't seen any festival pala? sayang naman :) festivals are really enjoyable :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for not being around lately. I am just swamped with work. From project to project.

That's what I thought when I was in a worse situation. I am just glad to know that whatever it is you always keep up your spirit.

R. said...

VERONIZM.
Hahaa. Yes. Kawawa no?Ü My friends and I are planning to go to Bacolod in October for the Maskara Festival but I doubt if it will push through. I hope it does.

CHARLES.
No worries. I'm glad you're busy.Ü Goodluck with the book and love those photos!

Manju said...

come here you *hugs*
that's the spirit girl, don't be depressed, coz that's only going to make you feel worse, and by being positive you can even actually feel better. stay strong okay?
fireflies are really lovely :)

p.s. can i ask you a favour plz? can you just quickly drop by my blog, stop following, n then follow again.i'm so so so sorry for the hassle, but so many ppl r not getting my feeds. i feel like killing blogger pfft >_<

K.noizki said...

Just be strong and happy Russ, like what you said, despite all these, we need to learn to appreciate life and be grateful about it.

Look at what Aling Dionisia...

She's funny yung biglang sosyal na naging celebrity na naging katawatawa na naging magarbo... hayyy.

Well I saw her sa The Buzz showing off her gold rolex with diamonds and Kelly bag ba yun or yung LV?

Basta, mukha syang Watusi.. I mean "Katursi"..

K

Clarissa said...

Aww..Sorry to hear about your thyroid--hope you're feeling better for now.Because of your positive outlook in life,you'll be fine!!^_^

Traveliztera said...

INdeed, God has a reason for everything. I'm happy that you became optimistic with regards to your condition...

At panalo na naman si Aling Dioni!

Post a Comment