September 26, 2009 was a very sad day for us Filipinos. Yesterday, Manila and other provinces here in the Philippines experienced the wrath of Mother Nature. Seeing what was happening in other parts of Metro Manila, I was expecting that we were, at least, under Storm Signal #2. Reportedly, Manila was declared to be under a state of calamity, together with 25 other provinces, so I was very much surprised when I heard that we were just under Storm Signal #1 -- these photos are certainly NOT saying the same thing.






I don't think we're even prepared for this. A lot of people lost their homes and cars. Many were not able to go home to their families last night and there are also a lot of Filipinos who have not eaten anything since yesterday. There are still those who are on the roofs of their houses.
It's time that we change our ways. It is not too late. If we all do our part, no matter how small it is, I'm sure that there is still something that we can do to save our planet. Earth is the only one we all have, how can we not care? Let's not wait for a repeat of what happened yesterday. God is good, we're still given a chance to make things better.
Lord, please redeem every loss & painful memory brought by Ondoy. We pray for the victims, their loved ones & those out there rescuing them.---

15 Comments:
Omigod! I never knew the philippines saw storms like these. We get lots of cyclones over here, but it never gets flooded like this. stay safe okay, i'll b praying for your people
WHILE I was in the province yesterday watching the horrible disaster scenes on tv, I was literally shocked and a lot of things went through my head and I just really really wanted to let it all out through my blog.
I really want to make a huge campaign regarding saving the earth. I do hope that everyone learned a lot from what happened yesterday. I hope everyone will not wait for the worst to come before everyone realizes the need to change.
so sorry to see and read about these things. i didn't know it's this bad. down here in cebu we're only getting rain and occasional strong winds... so sad.
i'm glad you're okay, russ.
MANJU.
We do get storms here, but not this bad. This has to be the worst that's hit our country. Appreciate your prayers, thank you dear.
STEPH.
You're lucky you're not here in Manila. Count me in your campaign. I really want to do something. Things could be worse than this if people don't start changing their ways.
ACEY.
I didn't know you were based in Cebu.Ö If you get to watch the news, depressing talaga. They said that this even worse than Hurricane Katrina. There has been only 380mm amt of rainfall in Louisiana and Manila has 410mm courtesy of Typhoon Ondoy.
Thanks for the update. I was worried for my sister when I saw this photos, buti naman that she "escaped" safe from the flood (minus the TV, sofas and some clothes).
I think our Govt should seriously do something with the drainage system, pipe maintenance, garbage disposal, etc. Eh kung umulan for a week, baka mas grabe pa dito.
I phoned home in Bicol, they were all ok naman, the warnings had forced them to prepare for the worse pero ulan lang daw.
But that's really scary and you're OK.
Prayers,
K
Glad to know that your sister and your family in Bicol are okay. It's true that our government should do something about our drainage system, garbage, and pipe maintenance. I heard that a lot of these were installed 40 years ago. At the same time, we should also do something even in our own homes. And people, shouldn't be living near river banks -- delikado e. We can't be that complacent.
Madami ring matigas ang ulo sa atin. Marami sa atin hindi rin nagtatapon ng basura ng maayos. Maraming nagpupumilit tumira sa ilalim ng tulay. At iba pa. Sana talaga, matuto tayong lahat sa nangyrari na to.
It's just too bad that we had to learn our lesson the hard way. Take care too K!
OMG was my intital reaction when I saw it on the news here. I read that almost 80 percent of Manila is under water. Is it true? That sad thing is it's mostly the poor people who got to suffer alot from this catastrophe. Hmm I should organise a charity event in our school and raise some money to help somehow.
Not even the rich were spared Charles. Local actress, Cristine Reyes, sister of Ara Mina, lost everything. Fellow celebs appealed to female actresses to donate clothes and accessories to Cristine.
it is very devastating. thank god we are very safe here. i pray for all those harmed by the storm.
' simply heart breaking.. wuz fightin' back tears when i saw the news and people were begging and crying to be rescued.. waiting on their roofdecks, hungry and soakin' wet..
- juz been to Marikina this morning, I together with fellow nurses and doctors volunteered for a medical mission. they need all the help they can get. I pray that people would continue to share and give.
It looks terrible in ur photos, Russ...i (truly) hope it will be over as soon as possible, Amen!
There's no rain here but i hope it will be rain soon coz it's so hot now..
Russ...thanks for checking on me last Saturday. Unfortunately, my PCs down kasi kaya I wasn't able to blog and update at Facebook and Twitter at the time. I hope you and your family are okay too. Blessed pa tayo talaga, Russ.
We have the same sentiment. Have you seen the video taken and posted on my latest blog entry? You can see there that I am not from a posh subdivision or village, that I live in a humble neighborhood in Pasay. However, after Ondoy, I realized that I'm blessed and more fortunate than most people. Have you seen the houses in Marikina and Cainta? As in, malalaking bahay talaga. Maybe even if I work hard I won't get the chance to own a house as big as that. Pero nalubog lang sa baha. Parang cruel awakening that when it comes to Natural Calamities, walang pinipiling social standing talaga.
My nephews and nieces (The Garcias - Nicko, Nadine, Neil and Nina) are from Magallanes Village din. My brother's girlfriend, Dra. Marissa is also from Magallanes Village and nalubog yung car niya sa baha. Ngayon lang daw bumaha du'n. Nakakapanlumo talaga. Pero still, that's nothing compared to what others are going through in the aftermath of Ondoy. A lot of people lost everything. Naaawa ako dun sa nakita ko sa news na lalake na umiiyak habang inaalsa yung computer niya. Hinulog-hulugan pa daw niya `yun para sa anak niya tapos nasira lang sa baha. Meron naman yung Manager daw ng Red Bull...Inabot ng pagtaas ng tubig and nakulong na lang sa car niya, namatay. Ganun din `yung mga matatanda and babies na affected. My heart goes out to them. I hope they get through this. Easier said than done pero I know Filipinos are really tough people.
theLastJedi.
MABUHAY ka at ang mga katulad mo!Ü
VAYIE.
Napanood ko yun dear and talaga naman nadurog ang puso ko sa dad na yun. May beef kase ako sa dad ko so each time I see dads who are really caring and loving on TV, naluluha talaga ako. I want to donate one of our computers here at home. Glad you and your family are safe.
Those photos are really heart breaking, Russ.As I was blog hopping to my friends sa ere,nalaman ko rin na pati sila nasalanta sa bagyo which is sad.Glad to hear that you and your family is alright.My prayers are with our kababayan there.
kami din sa village, we have never experienced flood until ondoy. the floow didn't reach our house, but our neighbors about ten houses away had neck-deep floods.
kg
Post a Comment