I didn't know we had this here in the Philippines. There's a signage in the supermarket that says Black Rice is cooked just about the same way Risotto's done. A friend told me earlier that it is sometimes called FORBIDDEN RICE -- must be the color.Ö This one's used mostly for desserts. It doesn't look too appetizing to me and it reminds me of Paella Negra.

---
Here's a good read from Clare's blog... it's a friendly reminder to RECYLE, RECYCLE, RECYCLE. If there's something good that we can still to save our planet, let's do it... after all, this is the only one we got.

17 Comments:
Wow, it's expensive! I watched a show on AFC where they used this rice to make a dessert. I'm assuming it is of a glutinous variety. Would love to try this!
Yup. Looks like, it's sticky & sweet when cooked. Lemme know if it's good when you do get to try it.Ü
Looks unappetizing nga, and pricey too! But it does look interesting, and worth a try kahit once. Do let us know if ever ma try mo. Will google for more info on black rice.
i wonder what it looks like when cooked?
thanks for the link to my blog russ :) hope you get the lectures/readings i sent you.
black rice? never heard of it, ngaun lang... heheheh haiz... ung sa ovi, yup, para xang twitpic... hehehe
This is weird...in Indonesia, there are red, brown even yellow rice!!
btw, why dont u put chatbox in ur blog Russ?
RICO.
I'd better look for something that can be done with Black Rice. I haven't seen a resto that serves it here. Will let you know.Ü
CLARE.
I think it's on the purple side when it's cooked. I haven't checked my mail, so thanks for telling me. And thank youu for sending me those lectures. I'm excited!
AILEE.
Me too! Just saw it yesterday when I was at the supermarket. I just had to take a photo of it.
JAK.
We have Brown Rice here in the Philippines, too. Brown Rice they say is good for people who are on a diet. If you ask me if I eat it, I don't. I don't like how it feels inside my mouth, texture isn't right for me. Red Rice? Yellow Rice? Now that's interesting!
My old blog, way back 2003 had a chatbox. I prefer not to put one here because I don't want to be bombarded with spam comments. I really want to get good readers who visit because they really take time to read my blog and not just because they want link exchanges or a new follower. That's the kind of blogging relationship I want to have with the blogs of people that I read and those that visit here, and eventually make new friends.Ü
This one is really expensive!
With the color, I won't be able to eat this.
It reminds me of black beans which I don't really love.
very cool. usually i see this on iron chef eh. i don't think i want to eat it though but it would be interesting to try.
interesting... sticky and sweet when cooked? wonder if it tastes like those kakanins.
JOEI.
Parang no? Parang lahat naman ata ng kakanin pare-pareho ang lasa. Hehe.
BABY BOY.
I was told that it's purple-ish when it's cooked. You might be able to eat that. Parang ube.
PRINSESA MUSANG.
I'm not as adventurous as you are. Haha!
LOL...i agree with u in case of chatbox =)
Yellow Rice is super delicious u know..and it's not for diet =) u can try if u come to Indonesia
What do you do with Yellow Rice Jak? I'm curious.
Scary but interesting. I would like to try this sometime. :)
I like this for my Thai Sticky rice with mango and coconut milk for dessert which is served half-chilled.
You can also mix it with white rice, same lasa pa rin, just diff color at maganda sya sa white plate presentation for EXOTIC asian delicacy in a 5 Stars.
K
I have seen that black rice before but I haven't tried to cook them.Funy but when I was still in the Philippines,I don't eat brown rice--but here in Japan,my kids lunch at their school served brown rice(it's called genmai rice)because of it's healthy nutrients.Mahal ang brown rice dito even when you ordered them in some organic japanese restaurants here.
i was able to try this before... it was yummy plus the aroma was catchy in a way. lol. but it really is yummy. :D
i was a kid back then and when i visited our province (capiz), someone brought this and made me try it. i didn't want to at first because of the appearance but in the end, i tried (very matakaw back then) and it's really awesome. :D
Post a Comment