I need to get these out of my system.
Please bear with me.
Thursday Thought #1
I have a cousin who’s been constantly bugging me since Monday me to watch ALL MY LIFE in GMA 7. It’s a new series that just started. I won’t be a hypocrite and say that I don’t watch local TV series. Come on. They can be addicting. I’ve watched Marian Rivera’s Dyesebel since Day 1 and last May, I started watching Tayong Dalawa. So I did watch All My Life and this afternoon and I just heard the most touching line ever.
It's a scene inside a hospital room. Two brothers – little boys, were sharing the room and they’re confined because they were hit by a car while riding a kariton. A visitor arrives with a plastic bag of pasalubong for them. He asks if the goodies in the bag are just for him. The visitor tells the kid that he has to share it with his brother.
Kid 2: Uy, hati raw tayo.
Kid 1: Oo nga, hati tayo kaya nga 2 sa’yo, 1 sa’kin.
Super aww!
I felt tears welling up in my eyes.
Thursday Thought #2
Last week, the world was surprised with the unexpected death of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. I was sad, but not really affected. Yesterday, I read in the news that Jacko’s songs are again topping the charts. I’ve also watched several interviews of celebs, talking about how good MJ was. It struck me and I wondered if they actually were able to tell him all these nice things about him when he was still alive. When he was caught in different controversies, he was very much hated. I know we live in odd times, and now that he’s dead, I find it really ironic at how most people only remember that he was good or he did something good only after he’s left this earth, and of course, it was not expected.
This brings me to the situation of former Pres. Cory Aquino. I am saddened with the fact that she is very ill right now, as reported in the news.
I truly admire her children, her family, and her friends for doing everything they can to show her that she is loved.
I have utmost respect for the people that she's worked with for speaking about things that she has achieved. There were politicians who didn’t see eye-to-eye with the former President, but I commend them for sincerely being there for Mrs. Aquino and her family.
What does this tell all of us? We don't need death to realize how important a person is. We don't have to wait for death to speak good words about a person. It was reported in the news tonight that people are leaving comments in the website of Mrs. Aquino and her children make her read all these messages – which is the right thing to do.
---
More often than not, it is easy to take the people we love for granted. We forget to tell them how much we love them. We ignore them and we can't even show them simple acts of kindness + love + appreciation. We're always good at remembering birthdays and other special occasions, but we don’t really do anything special for our loved ones in between those times. We do not need to wait for a special day. Every day should be made special because... "You don’t know what you got til it's gone."
Live simple. Life’s short, have fun and enjoy it while you can.
Smile. Love. Walk often. Sleep well tonight.
02 July, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comments:
I guess the point of it all is to show the person his or her value while he or she is still alive because that's when it truly counts. MJ's life in his later years had made him look like a joke. He's taunted by really nasty gossips and stuff, regardless if he did it to himself or not. Now that he's gone they give him tribute and all that, it's only fitting...but I wish they had been kinder to him when he was still alive. At least Former President Cori lived to see the outpouring of love. I guess that meant something more.
Post a Comment