☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Day 52 » Call Me A GYM RAT
11 May, 2009

I have been having rather crazy days since the first day of May. I've had two cheat days and got double-sick twice in two weeks. As is, I already have this medical condition so when I don't feel well, that makes me double-sick. I got dehydrated during our beach trip last Labor Day Weekend. Barts was sick that time and I must have gotten loads of the virus from him because come Monday and Tuesday, my throat was awfully sore. I ignored it and worked out as usual. Last Wednesday, I felt kind of feverish, but I still managed to make it to the gym on Thursday and had a really mean workout. I wasn't feeling good at all, but I super believe in self-healing and I was really telling myself that I don't need to take any medicine. I seriously hate taking medicines because I don't know how to take a pill -- for some reason, it just gets stuck in the area right before my throat and I always get to taste it. Yukk. I really don't look forward to taking any kind of medication, but then again, who ever does??

Thinking that I'd get better by Friday, I worked out again. My patience level is at zero. As soon as I got home from the gym that day, my strength and energy were somewhere underground. I had this wrecking headache. My eyes were watery. My throat was sore. I'm sneezing like there's no tomorrow. My back hurts. I really felt like s*hit and it just rolls into the next. I still didn't take any medicine and my mind was still set to going to the gym the following day.

When I woke up Saturday morning, I still was not feeling any better, but I did manage to run about 3KM in the treadmill. Next thing I know, my brother was picking me up with strict instructions from my mom to make sure to have some Paracetamol. I finally took something to relieve me of all the body hassles I was feeling. I also took a tab of Neozep... This one is quite effective on me. 30 minutes after taking Neozep, I immediately knew that I could do some kick-ass workout the following day.

There you go. That was one crazy week.
This week ought to be different, perhaps normal.
Have a great week everyone.Ü

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

jassy said...

I hope you feel better now...it wouldn't hurt to take food supplements everyday...vit c and others=)

R. said...

JASSY.
I'm not big on Food Supplements. I have this notion that they will make me fat. I dunno. What can you say?

BUT I did start taking Vitamin C just recently. I'm also drinking Berocca til this thing goes away.

Post a Comment