☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Day 02 » The Sinigang Challenge
22 March, 2009

Pork in Sour Broth Mom need not tell me what she was up to in the kitchen earlier. From my room, I could tell what she was cooking. My brother and I love SINIGANG. Come on, who doesn't like Sinigang? Right? Every mom has her own recipe of this all-time Filipino favorite soupdish. Since I love sour stuff, Mom makes sure that our Sinigang is Russ-friendly.Ü You can eat it without fish sauce and calamansi, that's how good it is.

Unfortunately, Sinigang just has to be eaten with rice! Hay. Realizing that I am about to face quite a big test earlier, I sent a text message to D, just to vent out the little frustration that I was feeling earlier:

Stig. This is the challenge Be.
To eat Sinigang without rice.
Someone has a big problem. Sinigang without rice? That's just plain torture. The whole time, while waiting for lunch, I just kept on drinking water. I must have had 3 glasses before Mom finally called me for lunch. D sent his reply and I have to say, it was encouraging.
Ay pag nasurpass mo yan be without reklamo, that's a very big step be.. Ur on ur way na..
Sure. The action I took was rather absurd, but it felt wonderful. I was fulfilled in a way. I surpassed my biggest challenge today.Ü I wonder what weight loss challenge I'll be faced with tomorrow. Whatever.Ü It just felt good not to justify my food cravings.

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Vea said...

Congrats on surpassing the challenge. I love sinigang too! and it IS torture to eat it without rice nga. Ayan, nagcrave tuloy ako bigla. Have a good week, Russ. :)

R. said...

VEA.
It wasn't that easy, but as the saying goes, "No Pain. No Gain." Have a nice week too!

Ivy said...

ay... no rice!? shux. challenge nga. pero less rice = summer sexy bod! hehe:)

Post a Comment