☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Sophomore
29 August, 2007

Two years ago, on this same day, my life changed… From a fresh grad bum to a paid beach bum. Today, I am celebrating celebrating my second birthday in At the beginning... the company and I want to say thank you to all the stars who continue to shine with so much force and with such deliberate light… these are the people who have made my own star brighter. Aside from the sun, the beach, and all the perks that go with my job, what I really really love about it is that it’s made me see more stars in so many places.

I’ve seen stars twinkling in children’s eyes the first time they see a starfish. I’ve watched stars for hours as they sparkled, falling past the dark skies the night before an event. Stars glitter up to me from the sand on the beach. Stars are a part of my life. On the bubbles that I blew away during the mini-Earth Day activity that we had, little motes like stars flew through the air. On the sands where I walk each time, hundreds of capiz balls bring stars of light up as they sit on the branches of talisay trees. Stars are cookies and stars are marshmallows, chocolates, and cake. The petals of flowers in the vase and on the bed in the model unit make stars in colors that stars don’t usually make.

People are stars when they shine on each other. They almost grow when let themselves be. A cosmic sparkle that gets their eyes twinkling and their personalities shine luminescent with the light of a cosmic glow. When people are stars, they light up the world with their wonder and beauty. When people are stars, they give off a glimmer that makes Orion jealous of their complexity. When people are stars, other people know there is nothing, not a word, not a feeling, not a thought about them to fear.

TO THE STARS IN MY LIFE.....


To my family and to D… For patiently waiting for me to get home every time there is an event. For being so understanding each time I have my pre-event tantrums. For giving extra room for my work stuff in our house and in our cars. For supporting me with my decision to stay in the company even if they feel otherwise.

To my Playa family [PAV, MHC, Joey U., Rich and Kitto, Tristan and Carol, Ariel, Exy, Juno, Johnard and Cholo]... It’s been a pleasure working with you all. Most of the knowledge and experience that I have now, I owe them to you guys. Thank you for trusting me and thank you for believing in me.

Asian-Tropicale at Temple Bar To my extended Playa family [Bam, Mark, Jim, Dot, Che, Kai, Martin Gallaga, Diamond, Eric, KC, Mommy Babes, Ian, Rodney, Dorothy, Lani, Ailene, Paolo, Chil, Chaz, Evelyn, Bambi and to those I forgot to write]… You guys rock! You’e the best Sales Team there is. Thank you for making my work easier. Thank you for always boosting my confidence and for always appreciating even the smallest things that I do. It has made me want to do better every time.

To my previous bosses.
Mawi. Like what I told you before, I will always bring with me all the lessons you’ve taught me. I admire you and I could only speak of good things about you. I’ve never forgotten the conversation that we had when you did my evaluation. It has always inspired me to work hard and be the best in everything that I do.

JC. Yes. The love-hate relationship. Haha! :-) The grooviest of them all. It’s great that we’re good friends now. Leaving and not coming back forced me to fastforward growing up…

Joey Z. Thank you for selling the idea of working at the beach. Thank you for making me a stronger .
To J.Lo There’s still so much room for learning. I’m sure Playa’s taught you a lot as well in the time you’ve been with the project. It’s destiny. Cheers to Corp Comm!

To Maricel Ang. Though you are often misunderstood, for me you are a good person inside and out. You know what you want and you get what you want, I admire you for that. Thank you for the guidance, career talks everyday, words of wisdom, stories, and laughter. Thank you for not being like everyone else.

To Mylene You were never afraid to speak your mind. You are one of the few people that I look up to and I am glad to have worked with you. I hope that I will be able to make it to five years. :D

To Mang Ben. Maraming-maraming salamat po sa walang sawa nyong pagsuporta sa Playa at sa akin habang ako ay nasa Playa. Ni minsan, hindi ko po kayo narinig na nagreklamo.. ke ma-traffic, ma-ulan, o sobrang init... kahit po nakakatulog ako kung minsan kahit na pinipilit ko po talagang huag kayo tulugan habang nasa biahe Gising kayo hangga’t gising ako. Kahit na putul-putol po ang tulog nyo kung may event, game pa rin kayo. Maraming maraming salamat Mang Ben sa pag-asikaso at sa pagtulong at sa walang kapagurang pagmamaneho, pagsundo, pag-ikot-ikot sa site tuwing may event.

To Francis & to Jojo. Tuwang-tuwa ako dahil ang bait-bait nyo sa akin. Tuwang-tuwa rin ako dahil may DVD player ang van nyo. Astig talaga kayo! :-) Madalas, sa van ko napapanood ang mga pelikula na hindi ko napanood sa sinehan kaya thank you very much!

To Judith Soberano, Ms. O, and Ms. Lorie. Kayo ang mga Inay ko sa office. Maraming salamat sa guidance, words of wisdom, pagtitiwala, pagtulong at sa lahat-lahat ng diskarte at tricks of the trade na ipinamana nyo sa akin. Walang training o orientation na makakapagbahagi ng mga bagay na yon sa akin. Malaki ang naging role nyo sa paghubog sa akin... Naging mas matatag, mas matapang, at mas independent ako dahil sa inyo.

To OIC, Ms. Aida, all SMS-es, Purchasing, Admin, Accounting, and Treasury, The Utility Boys, and all of the Landco drivers. Maraming salamat sa suporta. Maraming salamat dahil kahit marami kayong ginagawa, hindi ninyo ako sinusungitan at talagang walang katulad and suporta at tulong na ibinigay nyo sa akin. Sana kahit nasa Corp Comm na 'ko, iru-rush nyo pa rin yung mga checks ko. Sana huag kayo manaawa sa pagtulong. Sorry sa mga pangungulit, sa mga walang katapusang pagfo-follow-up ko, sa walang kamatayang mga "paki" at "please".

With my Project Runway bet To Twinkle Feraren. Tweetie... :-) I’m happy to have worked with you throughout the most stressful phases of my Playa life. Remember how I keep telling you that summer 2007 is the summer that I grew up... we grew up together! It’s nice that our friendship’s gone beyond Playa Calatagan. Until now, I am still amazed at all the absurd things that we share. I love the fact that there is another soul in this universe who sees things the way I do. I look forward to discovering more. I’ll see you soon Twinks :-)

To Robby Sibal, Daniel Roa, Madz Abubakar, and Paolo Abella. You guys are amazing! Rob, thank you for always capturing the funniest, the best and the most memorable moments of my events. You are the coolest photographer. Daniel, you are tested through time and words are not enough. The one thousand people surprise... Maaan, we have been through the worst. Haha. You are the super caterer. Madz, thank you for playing those chillaxin and eclectic Playa beats. And Paolo... Mr. Take One. You know how to read my mind. Stig ka talaga! :-) Here’s to doing more projects. Cheers!

The Gang. Thank you for keeping me sane. You've seen me when I'm in high spirits and also during the lowest times of my life. Here's to more barbeques and booze.

MSG. To these beautiful multi-taskers and glamorous “drinkers” (except for…… hehehehe), we are the ultimate proof that there is such thing as girl power.

Us Girls To Anne Baylon. My original marketing partner...Who would've thought we'd still be here after two years? Despite the tears, a Joey Z, the "seaside suicide", til such time that we both finally had to take on different projects.. we're not the same Anne and Russ two years ago. We've definitely learned so much, been through so much that we're so ready for battle :-) At least our tears two years ago are not in vain. May purpose pala. Hehe.

To AJ, Lope, Cho, Barts, James, Joe, Manong. Despite our busy-busy-han lives, hehe… our drinkies, spur-of-the-moment trips, temporary addiction to poker, issues, food trips, jokes, dramahan, you guys are not just the men in my life and you people do not just keep me sane, but you are the kuyas that I never had who never fail to make me forget about work. I am blessed that you guys are my friends.

To Isab, Jess, Bianca, Crissy, Mari, Pia, and Miles. I might just have a little bit of breathing room now which means that there will be a possibility that there might be a temporary stop to my “I’ve work on that day…” replies. You girls are the best. Thanks for always being there.

To Kay. You've always been very supportive and I am grateful for that. I'm happy that you're my boss now... My family and I now have peace of mind because we know that Jo and I are in good hands.

To AXBiii. The Godfather :-) Yes, that's what I call you.. Thank you for all the opportunities. Thank you for giving me bigger responsibilities. As I always say, "In Alby I trust..."

And to all these wonderful companies and people who’ve been very supportive:
Red Planet, MMPI, Liquid Coconuts, Jeki Marketing, Luneta Advertising, Sign Media, Creative Systems, Hi-View Ads, Fourth Medium, Forthmedia, Saibachi Corp, Signum, Media Force, Yabang Pinoy, Kape ni Juan, Jojo & Tina Isorena, Djinn Tallada, Garry Wilson, April Songco, Ryan Azarcon, Mr. Messenger, Kats Vale, Allan Flores, Deng Besa, Paul Garcia, Jerry Garcia, Barney Garcia, Mr. William Ong, Keith Dador, Marco Carlos, Marjorie Pupa, Marlon Capuno, Ms. Monette, Alma, Jean Reyes, Janina Aratao, Aye Atendido, Alvin Ang, My Blog Family, Maricris Sarino, Pat Joson, Rica Perfecto, Michelle Syyap, Emma Amores, PJ Cana, Myrtle Lopez, Hazel Santos, Karla Rey, Jocelle Evangeslista, Abby delos Santos, Candy Nepomuceno, Audris Abesamis, Monica Patoc, Tonton Santiago, Jocelyn Oxlade, Mickey Marquez, Marlon P Pangilinan, Aian Miller, Bea and Cara Liongson, and to everyone else that I forgot to include here.

I’ll never forget you all. Life’s a beach and more.. Wahooo! Ang saya, hindi ko na kailangan gumawa ng ubos-oras na status report! And now the supergirl flies for her next adventure :-)

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment