☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
26 November, 2010


Earlier, traffic was terrible! The only consolation that I have is the fact that it's a long weekend!Ü I'm all set to a weekend of no-work. It's time to rest, relax, and to start feeling the holiday vibe.

BLACK FRIDAY IS not something we do or celebrate here in the Philippines. It's because we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here. There's another kind of Black Friday comes to mind when I hear and/or read 'Black Friday'.

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING THIS YEAR will be simpler, more practical,
and probably a little chaotic. Traffic started to get worse since November and there's just way too much people in malls, bazaars, wherever! Despite this, I look forward to going to the St. James Bazaar tomorrow in Cuenca.
I plan to go early. I am also happy to be giving presents to new super good friends I've made at work this year.

HOLIDAY SHOPPING MAKES ME excited, a little pressured, and happy. I like giving gifts to friends and loved ones. I love how a gift can brighten a person's day and how it bonds friends even more.

BARGAIN SHOPPER or FULL PRICE SHOPPER? I'm a little of both. It depends where I'm shopping.Ü But I would never say 'no' to good deals.

THE BEST and WORST THING ABOUT SHOPPING
I don't like crowds. The best thing about shopping is therapy.

ONLINE SHOPPER or IN-PERSON SHOPPER?
I am an in-person shopper. I am deathly afraid of purchasing anything online. Unless I know the seller, I will not buy anything online. I don't trust online sellers. I know those are strong words, but Philippine Laws, the Consumer Act of the Philippines in particular, is not implemented well.


Do you want to play along FILL IN THE BLANK FRIDAY?
Make sure you drop by Lauren's blog

☀..☮..✮..♥..✈

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Ricademus said...

Does the Black Firday you think of have something to so with trouble in the financial markets?

I don't like crowds either, so i do more on-line shopping during the holidays.

I hope you have a great long weekend!

Grace de Castro said...

hay naku russ, tama ka. traffic is starting to get worse. yesterday, it took me double the time it usually takes me to get home! hmp!

said...

I'm a lot like you, I hate crowds when I shop -- which is why I hate going to Divisoria even if you can really get good deals there. I've gone but I avoid it as much as I can. I'd rather pay extra than be uncomfortable with the crowds of people hovering all around me.

I'm also very iffy about online shopping. I know people who buy stuff on multiply all the time but I'm really paranoid about that!

Anonymous said...

Hei Russ! I've done almost half of my Christmas shopping. It's really nice to shop in advance because you don't need to contend with a huge crowd.

Btw, it's weird that you could not see the photos on my blog. Is Flickr blocked in your area or something or probably it's just an internet hiccup. Try to check it later and tell me.

Also do you have a Facebook so I can add you because for now I'm taking a break from blogging so I can focus on my book.

Hugs!

Ricademus said...

Hi Russ! Starbuck's is over-rated and much too expensive--I don't know why people pay $5 for a cup of coffee. But I'm not a big coffee drinker anyway, so I rarely go there. If I do, it's to get a frozen frappuccino and in most cases I go only because I have a gift card that someone gave me.

Liz said...

It's almost Christmas and I actually haven't completed my gift list! Gaahh! Pressure! But I agree with you, there's something therapeutic about shopping. ;-)

joei ♥ said...

Welcome back Russ! Actually, I just got back as well. Agree with the love-hate relationship about blogging. I guess all we need is just an entry or two to get things going again ;)

Merry Christmas!!!

Post a Comment