A FRIENDLY REMINDER BEFORE YOU START READING
I am no health or fitness expert. Please do not just do anything that you read here without consulting your Doctor and Fitness Trainers. I checked-in with my Doctor before engaging in these activities. So, if you're too lazy to do so, TSK. TSK.
✽
I am officially done with Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred.Ü
To my Twitter & blog friends, this is not the first time that you'll be reading about the workout. I got my copy of the Shred early January, but I was not able to commit to it the first time because my Mom's sister from the States visited. I had a really erratic schedule and lacked hours and hours of sleep. It has always been my rule not to workout whenever I don't get enough ZzZzz time. Nevertheless, I still did the workout whenever I can, just to make sure that I'm not sedentary. Come mid-March, I started back my count to Day 1.
I highly recommend Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. If you're a very busy person and you do not have time to go to the gym, this one is for you. A 20-minute NO REST Circuit Training everyday can go a long way, trust me!
The goal was to get down to 95 pounds, but it's more difficult to lose weight when you've already lost so much weight. Did that make sense? I'm sure you got the point. I still have my last 3 pounds to lose and I already have a plan for it, which shall be revealed soon.Ü
Ideally, the Shred should be done everyday because this will definitely give you better results. My record goes up to 4 straight days then I'll give myself a 1-day rest. If you want to know more about the stuff that I've been doing while on the Shred, leave a comment here or in my Formspring and I'll try to answer them. Cheers to being fit and to healthy living.Ü
... TO BE CONTINUED.

29 Comments:
OMG Russ! The last time I weighed under a hundred was way back in high school. Ha-ha, I'd love to see you right now! :D
Right now, I'm currently weighing around 110-115 given my height aroubd 5'4" and I still want to bring down my weight into 105 (though 110 is actually fine coz before yoga I used to weigh around 120-125).I'd love to hear more about it from you, as I'm also gonna start hitting the gym this May. :)
I don't think you need to weigh below 100 pounds. You're 5'4" and I'm only 5'0 with a small frame. I should have mentioned that in my post.Ü I'll send you a link in FB. I recently uploaded photos that were taken just last week. I really want to try yoga.
Shows that discipline pays off! We can't get anything with so much success overnight. Hmm, where's the figure Russ (kidding)? :)
Well, I won't actually plan to go under 100 lbs. ;) When I was under a hundred, I really looked so thin and anorexic!
Okk, you can also DM me via twitter. And, cheers for bikram yoga! :D
Oh wow congrats, I'm glad that you succeeded to bring down your weight! I wish I had the same determination as you do, I really need to lose some weight for the summer trip lol:P
I've actually bought a straw boater through ebay but I had it shipped to the bf in uk so I'll only get to wear it for the summer hols:)
xx
Congratulations dearie!<3
That's so impressive ;)
Size XXS? Man, I've only been that size in the first 5 years of my life :D
I've always been saying that ur a true inspiration for your blog readers/real life friends <3
Have a wonderful week ahead dearie,
hugs
if th jill in your video is anything like the one in the biggest loser, sold!i need that video! :)
Oh congratulations to you Russ for successfully losing weight! It goes to show that with the determination and proper discipline, you really can achieve the body and weight you want. :-)
congrats! post a picture?!
would love to know you more.
hope you can follow and join the daily party :)
you're invited to a BLOG PARTY!
the blog party will give you more links, more followers, more traffic :)
please also follow the admin: rj's mama
and don't forget to join us on
facebook for daily updates
Galing mo Russ. I so admire your dedication.
Someday, in some way, papayat ulit ako. I think it's all in my mind. Feeling ko kasi when I start school and commuting again I'll loose the love handles kaya I don't do anything now. We'll see.
Congrats! You deserve a treat! Cake and ice cream? ;)
JOEMILL & RJ's MAMA.
I do have recent photos, but I need to look for older photos so you guys can see BEFORE and AFTER. I did not take a BEFORE picture, mala what The Biggest Loser does.
ROANNE.
The good thing about this workout, you shred inches, but you don't look anorexic-thin. You shred, but you still look healthy :)
Very inspiring, congratulations! :) I am underweight: 5'3 and weighs a puny 86lbs x_x I want to look for a workout plan that is ideal for me as I get really tired easily. No use being this thin when I am always low on energy.
Congratulations!!
Very impressive Russ, congrats! I'm so guilty of being too lazy o work out, that I just depend on diet to lose some weight. Argh. =/
I promise to hit the gym again after my business settles. Great job! =)
Aww..Congratulations,Russ!!You really deserve what you worked for!!Nagiging inspired uli ako to do more long walks (coz I don't do gyms)for exercise.Very inspiring!!^_^
Enjoy your week ahead dear!
that's awesome! i've been doing the shred circuit for about 12 days now, but i rest a day in between (when i do other exercises working different muscle groups). i know so many people who've been injured doing the shred and my muscles need to recover so i don't do it everyday. i'm hoping to get back to 95 pounds too (i'm also 5'). so thanks for sharing - it's very inspirational!
Hindi ka po ba nasobrahan ata nyan??
Way to go Russ!
this makes me really want to try it ! but i don't think i have the discipline to stick to it, especially with school
Congrats on losing so much weight though ! all the hard work paid off =)
Woww, that's great dear..Can you tell me more about the Shred? I think it will suit me, since I can't manage to find times to go to gym :(
I've been gaining weight since a few months ago..I'm thinking of losing around 3-4 pounds..The problem is whenever I gain weight, the extra weight will go to the wrong places..
Hey Russ! You wanted some tipps for getting up early??
Hmm, do I really have advice in getting up early? An alarm clock really helps at the beginning. Stretching while still sitting in bed helps me, too. Since I have a low blood pressure, I have to watch out, not standing up abruptly, otherwise I feel really dizzy. But once you leave the bed, you're ready to start the day.
Well, I guess, my advice wasn't very useful! :-)
ang galing naman.
last 3 to go na lang..
i lack d.i.s.c.i.p.l.i.n.e.
yun yun eh!
Wow that's awesome Russ! I am sooo proud of you. I am still maintaining my weight which is 150 pounds or 68 -70 kg. My weight fluctuates between the two. I'm 5'10 so it means my weight is just normal to height. Imagine I used to weigh 90 kilos before so I am just happy to get rid of the extra 20 kg baggage!
hi russ! i'm back... hopefully for real, this time.
i wanna try your 30 day shred!
by the way, i can't seem to post comments on your latest entries.
Just dropping by to say Hello,Russ!Hope all is well..
Have a nice week ahead!
hi russ, hope you're doing well. I don't tweet much, but it's nice seeing your tweets pop up every once in a while.
take care!
Russ, how are u????
i saw ur latest post is in May 8th? everything gr8 rite?
so glad i stumbled upon this blog :) I am just about to start with my own weight loss journey. I am really inspired with your story :) thanks!
russ i just want to get back to a 115 but the 10 pounds you gain stay (no stick!)for ages. i need to run!!! lose weight! stop envying my kids' ice cream! stop fast fooding with engkuan! i can imagine you look like when we were in third year..petite, cute, crazy still. :)
Post a Comment