☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
11 December, 2009

WARNING: This is a slightly emo post.Ö
D's already left. He's already on his plane ─ on his way to the US. And he'll be back NEXT YEAR, either late Feb or early March. Boo to leaving! He won't be here on Christmas. New Year. My Birthday. And Valentine's Day.

I never bring him to the airport. I'm trying not to think about it too much. When I was having trouble letting myself feel for him, I described it to him as me being frozen in this emotionless state and that slowly but surely he was sort of thawing me out. I am pretty much thawed all the way through and I know his reason for seeing that. Seeing as I am now capable of acknowledging my emotions, I have the capacity to cry again. Yes, I cry every time he leaves even if I know that he will back. I have not cried in so long and I was so sure I’d weep again tonight. It’s not something I look forward to.

Saying bye to him yesterday before he went home and watching him leave my house were hard. It took me a long to get back inside my house. I refused to cry. I promised him I won't give him a Pixar Moment, because I didn't want his last image of me to be one where I look sooo sad and in tears. I wasn't too successful so what I did was I went out of his car without giving him a last look. I think I broke my promise, but what was I to do? I couldn't help my tears from falling. I tried to compose myself and thought of something happy & pretty before I went back inside my house. I'm really not good with goodbyes.

--
PIXAR MOMENT is a term that D & I use, which means a scene that would make either him or I cry. We both avoid watching films made by Pixar because based from experience, they're sure to make anyone cry. I had my first and last Pixar Moment when I watched Finding Nemo. Do you guys remember the first scene when all the little fishies died?

Bookmark and Share

14 Comments:

Ricademus said...

Well, the tears were sad, but they were sweet too. A sign more meaningful than words on how much you will miss him. If I were in his place I would be touched by that.

March will come quickly. It has to--my birthday is in March!!!

Take care.

JAY said...

I followed. :)

I feel for you whole-heartedly. I'm not so well with goodbyes either, so I tend to not show up to them.

If someone's leaving, I don't like to see them off. Same with when someone passes away. /:

Even though they're tear-jerking, I love pixar movies!

D.L. Verzosa said...

awh... that is so sad... but everything will be ok. soon. i hate goodbyes to! totally!

R. said...

RICADEMUS.
I'm sure he was touched. I didn't look at him anymore because if he also had tears, all the more that I won't be able to stop crying. Boo!
On the lighter side, I handled things better this morning compared to yesterday.Ü

JAY KV.
Following you back girl :)
I try to avoid going to funerals too for the same reason that I'm really bad with goodbyes, seeing people cry ─ especially MEN.

AILEE.
Thank you dear.
I look forward to better days.

Olivia Liem said...

Awww..here, I give you one big hug first *Huge hugs*

I know it's tough, my BF is out of town also this week, so I can feel what you feel. And I do hate saying goodbyes too. Even more, I hate being apart form my loved ones.

Gal, cheer up okay, March is coming real soon.. :) take care dear!!

Golden said...

I know how hard it is to say goodbye to our loved ones. Don't worry sis, March is fast approaching anyway. Smile! Life is beautiful. :)

R. said...

OLIVE.
I'll try, but I know that eventually I'll be not-that-sad. I just need my moment to be sad for a few hours. Haha.

GOLDEN.
If only we can fast-forward to March.Ü Thanks dear, enjoy the weekend!

Richard said...

Well, 3 months isn't that bad. Many of your country fold leave for much longer.

True, you will miss some significant occaisions with D, but I always think the person is far more important than the occaision, so attach little significance to an event and a lot to the person.

[vayie] said...

As that OPM song goes, "Partings are never so easy". I don't know what to say to make you feel a lot better so...*HUGS*

R. said...

RICHARD.
Right on that.
Thanks for the advice.

VAYIE.
That's okay dear, no need to say something to cheer me up ─ baka mapuwing lang ako.Ö I allotted 1 day to sulk.

K.noizki said...

Aww sorry to hear that but c'mon not all GOODBYES are meant to be forever. He is coming in FEB or MAR of APR, just look forward to it.

But I know how it feels, everytime I set foot at NAIA after a short week holiday in BICOL, parang kulang ang GROUP hug talaga.

Ayan tuloy, you're making me homesick na. Call him when he arrives (or vice versa).

R. said...

How long has it been since you last visited your family? Ang mga group hug ay nakaka-puwing.

He hasn't called yet.
BUT we were exchanging SMS-es earlier today when he was in Narita Airport, thank God for stopovers :)

jassy said...

March is just around the corner...before you know it, you're both on the beach na=)

Lucia ♡ said...

I can relate to what you felt when he left.My ex bf went to work to Ireland for 3 months when we were together and i also wanted to see him off with a smile but could not :(

It felt like eternity when he was away,but once he was back home again it felt as if he was only away for a week ;)

Ur D will be back soon,no worries <3

Post a Comment