Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. → Norman Vincent PealeI'm keeping it simple this year. I won't splurge so much. I've heard from my friends that a lot of companies opted not to have their Christmas parties this year, so to be one with that, I decided to downplay things this year.
It's a blessing that am still not working, I won't be obliged to give presents to workmates.Ü That makes my life less complicated and that brings my Christmas List to a few people.
01. My Family
02. D
03. D's family
04. D's helpers in his house
04. My closest friends
05. My hairstylist
05. My manicurist
06. The secretaries of my doctors
07. The garbage collectors
---
GIRLS TALK is a regular Thursday thing.
If you want to join, weekly themes are in Niko Ganda's blog.

22 Comments:
I hafta say, I kinda splurged on a bit this year. But of course, the bigger part of it were the gifts. The old adage really holds true that "it's better to give than to receive", as I'm always happy and guilt-free whenever I buy things for other people. :P
Lucky you, indeed =)
Our company is not having a holiday party either. My Hub could not be happier that he wont have to go. LOL.
hahahahha are you going to get your hairstylist, manicurist and the garbage collectors a gift too!!!???
I've stopped at mom, bro, boyfriend... :P
loves
ang dami nyan ah. good luck sa pag-shopping. dami na ata tao sa malls these days.
ROANNE.
That's okay if you really
got a long list for Christmas.
TEEYAH.
Yup. I have this tendency to get so much stuff for family and friends for Christmas.Ö
JENNYMAC.
I think it's good idea that companies are downplaying Christmas parties this year.
TOOTHFAIRY.
These are people who take care of me.Ü The presents will sort of be like tokens, for all the good work they've done all-year round. I always tell myself that they deserve it because I can't really do the stuff that they're doing :)
THE SCUD.
Salamat. Mejo konti lang yan, yung iba kase nakabili na ako for them.Ü
All I can say is I'm going home for Christmas!! And that's worth much more than any parties.. I'll be having a small Christmas party with my family and boyfriend..
i want to keep it simple too... and because on the 15th of December will be my first ever payday... im thinking of giving underwears to my loved ones and special people... because i learned that in Korea, it is a perfect gift for your first payday...
OLIVE.
That is priceless :)
AILEE.
Really? Is it lucky if you do that? I learned something new today.Ü
Our company won't have a grand Christmas celebration unlike the previous years. I don't mind it though. I think everyone needs to save especially that recession is still up. I'm done wrapping my Christmas presents. :)
I only give gifts to my family (which is small) and my god daughter.
Of course, I still always end up overspending. Fortunately (or not, depending on how you look at it), being without income means I have learned to be very conscientious of my spending habits - it is amazing how little is really needed (of course, dealing with gettign rid of a LOT of stuff in Montreal before moving to Spain, and ALL the stuff we did bring, makes me seriously think about what I and my family really need).
Hi Russ! Same here... the security guards, garbage collector, the newspaper boy, our neighborhood mananahi and our household helps will definitely get gifts from me.
GOLDEN.
That would be next on my to-do list, wrapping of presents :)
RICHARD.
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can't access your blog. Oh and thanks for the reminder, I have to add my godchildren in my list.Ü
LEAH.
Diba? It's like your little token for them because they never fail to make our lives easier.
Just give 'em CASH, it makes people "excited".
How about your "blogger's friends"?
I'm ok with curly tops, haha. Exchange gift ko yan nun HS.
knoizki.tumblr.com
Oh hehe, that's quite a big list still, you're so sweet! I'm prob gonna cut it down to family and close friends in church only:)
K.
Speaking of Blogger friends, I am having lunch with 2003 Blogger friends on Saturday. Some of them, I'm meeting for the first time. Okay yun, bibili ako ng Curly Tops :)
SHER.
Right. It still is pretty long. My lists in previous years were looonger. Haha.
That's a good list! I used to over-tip my barber. I went to her for so long she was almost like family. She retired and now I need to find someone new. I don't like it!!! =)
That IS sad. I hope you find someone new soon. I'd also be sad if my hair-stylist would retire so I'm glad that he's still young ─ a lot of years for him. It's not easy to find someone that you can trust to fix your hair.
Wow! that's still a long list, but it doesn't need to be a Sak's Fifth Avenue presents right? Like you, I don't work either, so that eliminates co -workers. And I don't have lots of friends here, so there you go..
http://oneprettymother.blogspot.com/2009/12/gt-list-talk.html
it is so kind of you to give your manicurist, garbage collector, and hairstylist a gift, wow they must be very surprise mine is up and its here http://www.mjoannafaith.com/2009/12/gt-list-talk.html thanks
Oh No! A few other bloggers have complained they weren't able to access my blog - some from the Philippines and some from Canada.
sigh.
I gues I am going to have to write my server and see what they can make of it.
Post a Comment