☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
20 December, 2009

Since Mom's little accident, I really have not been getting decent hours of sleep. I have to be awake when she's up: to feed her, get her stuff, bathe her, etc etc. And so on most days, I've come to a point that I am the first to wake up. I bounce out of bed, into the kitchen, prepare Mom's breakfast and start the coffee → Warm. Fresh Coffee. It makes things less stressful and easier for me if I have everything prepared before she's up.

The good thing that came out of this is that I started like the mornings. I I feel alert, energized. Its my time to hang out with myself, catch up on a good book, finish an enticing movie, watch morning shows either on ETC or any local channel or just get a head start on different things from different people via blogs and social networking sites.

I know this kind of lifestyle may just be a phase, but it's a good feeling to sometimes arise before the sun, am stable until around 10 and after I finish helping Mom with her daily morning routine, I can finally have my nap and then am ready to go again a few hours after that. Such as life. Good Morning.Ü

Bookmark and Share

12 Comments:

twinsouls888 said...

That's really nice to hear of you enjoying your day, I am enjoying my day too and cherishing each moment. And very nice of you to take good care of your mom ^_^

Ricademus said...

I hope you can catch up on your sleep soon. I've been sleeping late on weekends, but maybe I should start getting up early to enjoy the morning!

R. said...

TWINSOULS888.
I think that's the right attitude.
Have a good Sunday dear.Ü

RICADEMUS.
I've been trying to. I actually need to because the next few days would be kind of hectic for me. I think the non-stop eating for me will officially start today. Yikes!
--
Goodluck with waking up early, it's not one of the easiest things to do.Ö

Tara Cabullo said...

Good morning, Russ! This is a very positive post, I love it! =)

I used to hate early mornings, too. Then I got into running and early Sunday mornings are the best!

Grace de Castro said...

i know what you mean russ. before, i was a night person. when i became a mother, i became a morning person. i must admit i like being a morning person! :)

Olivia Liem said...

That sounds like a positive habit to start with..I rarely woke up early, other than on working days, but when I do, I always end up enjoying my day..good to hear ur enjoying ur day dear :)

jassy said...

nescafe moment ang tawag dyan=)

R. said...

TEEYAH.
How often do you run? That's something that I have to learn ─ run or workout in the morning. I think I'm perpetually conditioned to exercise in the afternoon, at least that's when I'm most efficient.Ö

GRACE.
There's probably a switch for Mothers to suddenly be morning persons. Haha.

R. said...

OLIVE.
I should continue doing this. I'm considering a few things, to either take a part-time job or a meantime job while waiting for right company. It's one of my goals, should start the year right.

JASSY.
I ♥ how you described in two words: NESCAFE MOMENT. It's good that we have Nescafe here at home and not another brand.Ü

Sher said...

So sweet of you to take care of your mom, I know it must not be easy. And early mornings can be difficult but so good to hear you're making the best out of it! Hope you get enough beauty sleep soon:)

xx

Claudya Martinez said...

I love that even though you've had to take on more responsibility you've found a way give yourself a little enjoyment too.

C said...

you're such a good daughter russ...my mom used to complain that she had to throw tissue rolls at me to wake up whenever she needed something when she was sick. i'd be there with her in the room, but i'd usually be fast asleep and not much help. :P

Post a Comment