PIXEL BUG Weekend 002
My Saturdays, two for now, have become Cheat Days and I know why. In one of my tweets, I mentioned that Mom won't be able to walk for at least 2 months because of 3 fractured bones. I am the one taking care of her and attending to all her needs, so when I'm home, I usually am very tired and have no appetite to eat ... at all. I think this is also the reason why I seem to enjoy dining out for the past two weekends ─ because I am not at home.Ü
Last Saturday, D and I both wanted something Japanese but we were just not in the mood for Sushi & Ramen. Thing is, we also wanted to have burgers. If this is the dilemma, Sango! is the solution to our little problem.
I had my Russ Combo: a burger from Sango! + Iced Milk Tea + Japanese Mustard. If you do get to eat at any of their branches, make sure you ask for some Japanese mustard because those burgers taste better with 'em, kK?Ü
Sunday was sort of a continuation of Sango Saturday. I had lunch with D's family. I think that was sort of a going-away lunch. I don't like to call it a Despedida. The good news is, D & I finally got to eat at YAKIMIX along Macapagal Avenue. The two of us have been wanting to dine at Yakimix, but each time we'd go there, the place is just packed with people and we don't really have the patience to wait for seats. We got lucky last Sunday, even if we walked it, there was a free table that could sit 6 people.

I guess a lot of Koreans have migrated to my country that even a Japanese restaurant served something Korean, which I absolutely enjoyed. I just ♥ Korean Food. I was in heaven yesterday when I found out that I can have all the Kimchi and other Korean appetizers that I want. Can I just say that UNLIMITED KIMCHI = BLISS!Ü
Yakimix's EAT-ALL-YOU-CAN
| PHP 580 | per head on weekends | |
| PHP 499 | per head on weekdays |
Drinks aren't inclusive, you can get them ala-carte or you can opt for DRINK-ALL-YOU-CAN which is just an additional PHP55 per head. They're only open for lunch & dinner, and it's always best to call ahead + make reservations.

--
If you want to play with us, you guys can join PIXEL BUG WEEKEND.
Please visit this site: www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com
Photography is the best way to relive
happy memories and sweet moments. This is life as I see it ... → www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com

28 Comments:
I haven't tasted Japanese mustard but I sure would like to try one. Sango never fails, eh? Whenever I want something Japanese with a touch of western fastfood, I go to Sango. I'm getting curious about Yakimix. Will try this soon! :D
The food looked and sounded great. You deserved it after the hard work. Taking care of an adult is harder than taking care of a baby!!! Hope you have a good week.
I haven't tried Korean food but my husband and I both love Japanese.
Here's mine:
Happy Thoughts
DYOSA.
Oh it is GOOD! It tastes a bit like Wasabi, but this one ─ you can eat it with your burger. It's tangy and it really complements the burger. You can even it have it with fries.Ü
RICADEMUS.
Hahaha! You bet → "Taking care of an adult is harder than taking care of a baby." I swear, it is! A baby doesn't complain. An adult is very picky.
I should try Sango one of these days. Mukang yummy!
I pray that your mom will feel better soon.
Pixelbug Weekend
Thank you :)
I dunno where their other branches are, but I think you're familiar with Sango.
I love Sango! :) Hope your mom get's better soon, hang in there!
WOW. Sango seems to be very popular.Ü I'm not surprised.
woah... unlimited kimchi.... i want that too.... haiz... bad thing hindi pa ako nakakatikim nun... anyway,,, sarap naman niang mga yan....
Yap,some burgers here spread some japanese mustard and even for hotdogs,too!
Get well soon to your Mom,Russ!!
re:pinalitan ko na ang PBW ko--oo nga naman,it wasn't a weekend post lol!!Thanks dearie!!^_^
Fun weekend with yummy food!
PixelBugWeekend
I lurveee Korean food also!! Now u make me crave for Korean food! That looks like a fun weekend :)
Super like that comic strip layout!!!!!
Will use that kind of layout soon, well done russ!!!
This blog entry made me hungry.
I am not a fan of mustard or ketchup or relish or condiments in general.
How does Japanese mustard differ from wasabi? Wasabi I like (well, it depends what I am eating). I also like Sriracha sauce (which I like to add to vegetables and soups to spice them up).
wow looks yummy :-!
di ko pa natry sa Sango.. one time nga will go there with my pamangkins.. i hope they will like it there.. walang kilalang food yun kundi pizza at pasta, hehehe
i hope u can check out my PBW post too..
http://www.reyapot.com/2009/12/busy-sunday-with-my-nephew.html
AILEE.
It's really the Unlimited Kimchi that's gonna make me come back and come back and come back.Ü In Korean restaurants, you don't get to eat all the Kimchi in the world.Ö
CLARISSA.
Next time, I'll try it with hotdogs, but Japanese Mustard really go well with the burger ─ but that's Japanese burger that I had last Saturday. LOL. I'll check your updated PBW.
OLIVE.
Happy to find another
lover of Korean Food.Ü
JAK.
Thanks Jak.Ü I've been practicing that one. I guess you'll see more of it and eventually get tired of it. The comic-thing is very convenient if you want your photos with captions. If you have some tips for me, I'll be a very eager student.
uhmm and I suddenly heard my grumbling stomach I think i need to eat now lol thanks for leaving a comment in my site
Wow! Lamon Adventure a la Ate TP! Thank you for this, ate. ;] I'm going to check out all these places. I'm crazy over milk tea right now. I love Japanese!
Have you tried Banana Leaf? It's an Asian restaurant offering Indian, Malaysian, Singaporean, Thai, Indonesian food. Very delicious.
BTW, I love the captions on your photos. Reminds me of comic books. <3
WEDNESDAY.
I'm glad you liked it, thank you :)
Feeling ko nga I'll use it often because putting captions on photos are easier and more fun!
Oh yes dear, Banana Leaf is our super favorite ni D.Ü Too bad, they had to close their branch here in Alabang. Miss ko na tuloy ang Roti w- Curry Dip.
kimchiiiiiiiii :D i love korean food too ^^
wow that really looks yummy sissy! thanks for sharing :)
u may view mine here
natawa ako dito --> "I guess a lot of Koreans have migrated to my country that even a Japanese restaurant served something Korean...".
dami na nga nila ngayon. koreans attack!
you had a yummy weekend pala :)
Thanks for visiting my PBW
the grilled nips sound interesting! i hope you Mom gets healthy and well soon. she is lucky to have a sweet and caring daughter.
my entry is here http://kcelebration.blogspot.com/2009/12/pbw-emirates-classic-car-festival-2009.html
hay, food!
do you know any good korean restaurants? i'd love to have some good korean food pero i don't know where to go. the last good one i tried was in cebu pa years ago e.
Yay! Korean food.:-)
Z
www.thebabaylan.blogspot.com
Post a Comment