☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Pinatubo PART 1
28 December, 2009

PIXEL BUG Weekend 005
This is Weekend #3 since D flew to the US. It's slightly better compared to my second weekend, remember my Christmas blues? I can't believe he's been away for 3 weekends already, kinda makes me low-spirited but like what I said last week ─ you gotta do what you gotta do ... life goes on.Ö

I was with friends on a one-day trek to Mt. Pinatubo, it's a volcano here in the Philippines which borders the towns of Pampanga, Tarlac, and Zambales. Its last recorded eruption was in 1991.

I've been sick the past 9 days and I wasn't so sure if I could make it to this trip, but I really wanted to go ─ I had an excuse to travel and at the same time get out of the house.Ü I barely slept the night before, which is usually what I do if I need to be ready by 4AM. However if you're going on a nature trip like this one, chances are you're energy level is sooo high so I need not worry about my mood yesterday. I have a lot of things that I want to write about this trip that I don't know where to start.Ö

Trekking Pinatubo

Sunbathing At Pinatubo

For day trips like the one that I had, groups get on 4x4s and everyone is brought to a particular spot where the trek starts. It was my first time to ride a 4x4 and I'd say the experience is similar to being on a raft while white-water rafting. It was that wild, exciting, and bumpy with all the dust.

Ack! This has to be continued ─ coz I want to give you tips in case you plan to trek Mt. Pinatubo. It's 2:39AM + I've been up for almost 24hours now + my cough & sore throat have gotten worse. I guess that means I have to sleep now.Ü Let me leave you with this last image. Do you remember the mind-blowing image I posted in Sunday's entry? I've been there and saw the magnificent "Crater Lake" of Mt. Pinatubo. Fabulous isn't it?

Pinatubo Crater Lake

--
If you want to play with us, you guys can join PIXEL BUG WEEKEND.
Please visit this site: www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com

Photography is the best way to relive
happy memories and sweet moments. This is life as I see it ... → www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com

Bookmark and Share

14 Comments:

Toothfairy said...

It really does look fabulous, I hate hiking though, but I love lakes/laguna's in mountains! And that's also the only reason I would hike for....to see that!

loves

Ricademus said...

Amazing! Now spend some time taking care of you. =)

Lucia ♡ said...

This looks sooo exciting! and the photos of the nature there are simply breathtaking ♥ I bet it felt incredible to be there, like being on top of the world! :)

Makes me miss hiking so much. Will force some of my friends to go hiking with me in spring/summer :D

Can't wait to read more once yu get some proper rest :)

[vayie] said...

Nice pictures. I will wait for the part deux. :D Be well!

applePIE. said...

Oh gosh your trip looked absolutely amazing ! The scenery is so so beautiful!

JAY said...

That last pic of the scenery really makes me want to visit.

R. said...

TOOTHFAIRY.
What I don't like is going down on the same trail. Hahaa! You're so tired from all the hike you did to get to your spot, then you get to relax for a while. Gah. Going back up and down is quite a task. Nevertheless, a hike is always worth all that :)

LUCIA.
Yup, that was what I felt too: ON TOP OF THE WORLD. I just had that natural high, felt good. Hiking is fun, if you're with the right people.Ü

R. said...

VAYIE.
Me too, I look forward to the second part of my Pinatubo adventure :)

APPLEPIE.
It is, you should go to Mt. Pinatubo if you can. Ang ganda, promise!

JAY KV.
It's worth visiting.Ü

Clarissa said...

How envious dear!!That's what I love to do someday--parang super close kayo sa mother nature!!Ang ganda-ganda ng view!!

I'm looking forward for the next part!!Pahinga ka muna dear!^_^

re:I guess ang nakita mo is the terinu(salami&cheese)although magka-iba nga ang cucumber sa Pinas dito sa Japan.Dito medyo thin ang cucumber at soft ang balat nya.

Happy New Year dearie!!^_^

Laurene said...

Wah, I want to get out of the city!

Tara Cabullo said...

Oooooh! Your photos are so nice!Have always wanted to go trekking to Pinatubo but my lazy ass would rather sleep :( Now, you've inspired me to go do that this 2010 :)

Great photos, as always :)

Grace de Castro said...

russ, you're the third blogger friend in a span of perhaps 1 months who went to pinatubo! and i'm practically getting itchy to go there! :)

Lucie - A Taste Of Vogue said...

So beautiful!

x

Eloisa said...

Hey, that looked like a lot of fun. A friend of mine asked me to go with them too, but I said no last time 'cause it was the rainy season, it would've been a bad idea, I reckon. But still, that looks like fun!

Post a Comment