I have come to an unusual realization. I'm three types of people in one and that have yet to come to terms to live in harmony… One person is firm, in-charge, and independent. The other wants to be taken care of. And the third is peaceful, secure, and guided.
These 3 have difficulty getting along and sometimes one of them comes out and dominates the other, sometimes at unfavorable moments. This new found aloneness is making me re-acknowledge the people in me: the wants + the needs + the desires in me and hopefully at some point these three very different Russ-es will come to a unified Russ. I know that by coming to a state of solidarity and sameness within myself will I then only be able to become the person I truly hope and know I can be.
--
A NOTE FOR RICHARD: I still cannot access your blog.Ö
15 December, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 Comments:
Im not sure where I heard this...but its a good one..
'sometimes you have to lose yourself...so you can find yourself all over again.
something to that effect.
yeah... humanbullshit's note is so true...
I think I'm as crazy as you.
And I think you're totally normal. :)
Minsan I want to be assertive or opinionated, minsan apathetic, madalas suplado. Ewan. Basta may moods ako.
Everybody is entitled to a little craziness sometimes.
I guess, there's always a different side of us.
We have all multiple personalities, albeit others are way beyond the "normal" threshold. But, how do we really define normalcy? :P
i think that it's normal to have all those feelings in one person. for me i think we can all have a combination of feelings no matter how contradicting...that makes us human. it's balancing these traits out that helps us grow and mature. at least that's what i think.
Good luck...learning takes time and patience.
this is a personal conflict i am having. whenever i do something, my thoughts on how a mature person would act holds me back. and i can't decide. should i be more fun and do less worrying? should i restrain myself? i don't know which personalities i should choose. it is hard to unify them especially if they are opposites.
It's like you're admitting that you're a walking contradiction. Come to think of it, who isn't?
i say, whatever personality is dominating at a certain time, let it live the moment, because that's you too. you'll let the others have their chance when you're in the mood for them. :)
On the bright side, different situations call for a different approach. You have it within you to be what you need to be to get through those situations.
I'm exactly like you, but I'm also proud of all my "me"'s. It's not weird or strange or crazy, it's how a person is build.
loves
We all have different needs. The problem is that many people just focus on one aspect of themselves and ignore the rest.
I think what you are trying to say is: you want feel compentent and capable as well as wanted and needed and to have a safe and secure place
It is something I think we all want.
Post a Comment