☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
23 December, 2009

Have you realized that the routines we call normal have the power to take over our lives completely? We sacrifice so much for these mundane routines: the first casualty is time and everything else just follows suit. Our talents are wasted because we do not have the time to pursue them. Friendships sour because we do not have the time to call. Our passions die because the dull routines of our daily lives have no place for them. We forget we had hobbies because we can't remember to dabble in them. We forget to help people who can do with our help. Our health suffers because we can't make time in the business of our humdrum lives for a walk, a workout. And just because something as irrelevant as our routines, which apparently we decide for ourselves, ultimately decide for us what we do with our days!

Thankfully, there’s more to my life than routine because I consciously make an effort to break their monotony. One should not have the unwillingness to break a pattern because you’re simply too lazy to do it. It’s a good excuse to cover up for what we have not achieved in life, even though it seems so achievable.

Let me also add that I am not undermining the importance of either a routine or the daily chores that make up that routine. What I am saying is that we can’t let either of them take over our lives. We can’t let them prevent us from doing what we love.

Bookmark and Share

11 Comments:

Olivia Liem said...

Love this post dear..It's a good reminder for all of us, to actually LIVE our life, instead of spending it just like that..thx dear :)

Noble Beeyotch said...

You are so right. For about a month I have been avoiding a lunch date with some of my school friends on the pretext of having a busy schedule. But, after reading this, i guess i will go and give them a call!

Thanks for writing this lovely post!

R. said...

OLIVE.
Thanks girl.Ü
Goodluck! All the best.

NOBLE BEEYOTCH.
Go have that lunch date with high school friends, I'm sure it will be a blast. It's not something that you do everyday :)

Sher said...

I really hate it when life becomes a routine, every day becomes so mundane and lifeless! I try not to allow myself into wallowing in self pity when that happens:P

Hope you have a great Christmas week with you loved ones! Enjoy the holidays!!

xx

Traveliztera said...

That is so true ! :) I was going to make a post about how little things can actually train us to become better or worse even though we don't notice these simple stuff. It's a make or break with simple things we do and don't... :) I love your post! :)

jassy said...

life should not be boring=)

merry christmas!!!=)

C said...

i agree. we can't be like robots doing the same things lang over and over again. we need to live life the best way we can!

Manju said...

i HATE routine! HATE HATE HATE!
it's just so STIFFLING you know ewww >.<
merry christmas darling :)

Ricademus said...

Great post Russ! It's terrible to let time slip by, especially when we end up losing opportunities to do things we really want to do.

Toothfairy said...

so true, I'm guilty of this. Too "busy" (read lazy actually) to do anything about it, and therefore I LIKE to have not too many friends.

loves

Lucia ♡ said...

I also don't like the fact that sometimes routine takes control of our daily lives and we tend to forget few things,that once mattered the most to us.

On the other hand, without the routine we would not appreciate those little moments that make us feel alive <3

Post a Comment