In the worst case scenario of a flourishing relationship, things will end abruptly because of a really bad argument or strong difference of opinions. The equilibrium that you had grown familiar with in the beginning of your relationship becomes non-existent and you are forced to part ways and you may or may not continue this relationship in platonic terms.
Throughout the relationship, you hoped things would not lead to this but in reality sometimes it is inevitable for relationships to end this way and this is when you should come to terms with the reality that you may not get a clean get away because this person might show their true colors post break-up - they might be a lot more shady or resentful than you had initially thought - whatever it may be, you are surprised when they become someone they were not when you were involved. You will discover all the dirt that you didn’t notice from day one because you were so charmed by that well put together first impression.
This ultimately is the worst that you should have been fully prepared for but surprisingly were not. It’s heartbreaking to find out someone that you had once praised for their good character is actually equally as shitty as the rest of the world. It’s when an alarm goes off in your mind goes, “WTF!”
Why so surprised? A first impression is nothing more than that - an impression. It’s this film that people become easily enchanted by and fail to realize that every person has their flaws. What is a person to do to avoid a messy situation such as this? Well as cliché as this sounds, you are to hope for the best and prepare for the worst because no one is perfect no matter how much they assure you they are. You might not see it in the beginning or middle of a relationship but it most definitely comes out in the end.
It’s then that you can move on from the person because really, who wants to be with someone that is __________ ( you can insert whatever adjective you like there )
---
This post is not in any way related to my life right now.Ü
02 November, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 Comments:
I definitely agree. Who wants to stick to an asshole. Definitely not me, but honestly there are some who are quite the martyr.
relationships...hmmm...
one of the steps to moving on is looking at the former partner's flaws=)
100% agree with what you wrote.
No one is perfect,i wish everyone knew this truth. <3
I don't want to insert an adjective for that because I'm a guy and bad-mouthing doesn't make me a gentleman. Ha ha! He who is without sin, cast the first stone. Everyone is flawed, I guess. We should learn to love the overall picture and not curse the person for that single mistake. But two wrongs don't make it right. Ha ha! It's a whole different story. :)
CHARLES.
MARTYR. I cringe every time I hear & read that word. No one should be like that. It's not love.
JASSY.
That's the only time we see that they're not perfect.
LUCIA.
It's something that we should always remind ourselves.Ü
Poof!
It's always been like that, give a couple of two years, a kid or two and what do you get? No matter how you slice it, there will always be a greatest thing to ever happened in a relationship and couples would end up fighting like jungle warriors.
Well, Korina & Mar makes a real perfect sweet and great couple, my first impression. What do you think?
Now it reminds me of the "The War of The Roses".
K
I think people should spend more time getting to know the person before deciding to get into a relationship.
Anyone (well, most anyone), can be charming for an hour or a day, but how are they in the long run?
From my vantage point, people always seem to rush into relationships and drag their feet getting out.
no one can ever be the 'perfect' partner...you can just put your best foot forward, never expect anything and hope for the best.
noone is perfect :)
here for another visit. have a THANK YOU SOMETHING for you at you deserve my thanks
visit back real soon
hope u visit my other blogs too
earthy me
at-a-blink
heartQUAKES
K.
I'd like to add Sharon & Gabby • Princess Diana & Prince Charles • my Mom & Dad to your list.Ü
RICHARD.
"From my vantage point, people always seem to rush into relationships and drag their feet getting out." → Good Point. I agree with you.
The girl with the flour in her hair.
I feel that people should have be at the right stage of maturity before they get into a relationship. Now that I'm older, looking back, it's not advisable to get into a relationship when you're young, but then how would we know relationship realities if we don't experience one? I'll go back to what you said, "Relationships are hard..."
HUMANBULLSHIT.
For it to work, it should be a two-way thing. Partner A should do his part. Partner B must also do her part.Ü
MANJU.
And we learn from each other's imperfections.
...and that's why i'm reading "how to avoid falling in love with a jerk" right now lol...
Oh my gulay, what a timely piece... two days post breakup and I'm seeing how the person I once loved can be so childish and resentful and hurtful, despite the fact that all I want for him now is to move on and be happy with his life. It is true, in a relationship, when things are good, they are really good. When things are bad, they can be ridiculously bad. *sigh* I think I'll start preparing for the worst now.
I have learned so many times, that if you can't deal with a person's bad side, then by all means, leave. Don't wait for him to change, because he won't like 99% of the time. =D
Nicely said Russ. As my mom said, adjustments will always be there in a relationship. You just always have to keep on adjusting. Sometimes people don't see that.
STEPH.
Good book? Easy read?
JOSELLE.
Hope for the best, expect the worse.
The NeuroChiq.
The person's most likely not to change. Good point :)
BABY BOY.
Sana lang huag mapagod mag-adjust.Ü Diba? Minsan nakakapagod din sya.
Haha, I may be so negative about it no? but yeah, I don't think they will change, as in really change. So if I can't stand it the first time, I won't wait 10 years for some magic to happen =)
Post a Comment