If you have a dead relative,WTF? Is this for real? This is 2009 right, and not Lapu-Lapu’s time? I have never heard of this craziness until this morning. Come on, it’s a really pointless superstition. Either that or my cousins who actually believed it are just plain foolish. What would justify this idiotic belief?
you’re not supposed to take a bath??
23 November, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 Comments:
seriously?and for how long are you not supposed to bathe?
LOLL what is lapu=lapu's time?
MANJU.
You can take a bath after the wake so if it's a week, you don't shower for a week. It's insane! I have no idea where they got that thing ─ it's really unhygenic.
JAK.
Oops. Sorry about that. Lapu-Lapu's time was around the 1500s, pre-Spanish colonization of the Philippines.
Those pamahiin's doesn't make sense anymore but, mas maiigi ng sumunod as a respect to the elders kasi wala namang mawawala, mangangamoy ka lang talaga, haha.
It is said that the soul of the dead are still inside the house, so taking bathe are forbidden 3 days after the death and 3 days after the burial para daw isa sa mga member of the family ay wag kunin agad.
But I believe in the saying that during the burial, never look back at the house where the dead was laid for a wake, or many family members might be dead soon.
Ang dami dun sa "Ded Na Si Lolo",haha.
K.noizki
Fishbowl's explanation sounds reasonable. It jogged my memory into remembering other similar superstitions about sweeping away good luck / back luck and various spirits.
That is just crap hahaha. I am not really into superstitious stuff.
you got that right...and there's so many of them! i dont believe in any of those thank God!
baka naman sa ibang cultures :)
if we have the
"if you go to a wake, parang mag "wash off ka muna" before going home.. i mean go somewhere , eat out before going home, basta don't go home straight.."
baka sa kanila bawal maligo ^^
The only logic that I can think of is this:
when you're at a wake (or the one making 'bantay'), chances are you're gonna be staying up all night. they say that when you're puyat and tired, you cant take a shower agad cuz it could fry your brains or something.
oh darn, I just connected one stupid pamahiin to another. hahah.
that's a bit weird, never heard of it, but you know asians... superstition as crzy!
and sorry to hear that (ref. previous post)
loves
This is the first time I heard of it, and ya i think it's unhygenic.. I never believe in superstitions..
LMAO. is this for real? did they even tell you why? it's hilarious!
Hello! Finding a way to reaching out. God Bless!
sabi ng pelikulang ded na si lolo pwede ka raw maligo pero sa ibang bahay. hindi rin ako naniniwala sa mga supersition na yan. paano pag isang linggo ang lamay at sa summer season?
samin, we have to take a bath as soon as the relative is dead=)
What I know is that, you're not supposed to take a bath inside the house where the wake is. Siguro nagkamali lang sila. Most superstitious people are those who are from the provinces in the North. Pero trust me, `yan yung superstition, hindi yung hindi ka talaga maliligo when a relative dies. Not only that is is stupid, it's gross!
This was a belief in our province too but the people in our province don't take it seriously. We still took a bath during my lola's wake. Come on, who can stand the heat without taking a bath right? Nothing bad happened naman.
K.
That's a very detailed explanation. I'm still trying to understand it. LOL. I really have to get a DVD of DED NA SI LOLO. I'm intrigued.
CHARLES + JENIE.
Same here, I'm not into superstitious things ─ my Mom doesn't like it that I have that kind of thinking. It's not my kind of thrill.
AB.
I'm trying to find out if there's a particular culture that does that.
HUMANBULLSHIT.
I'd say that's a more scientific way of looking at it.Ü But hey people won't be puyat all the time right? We can only last a certain number of days and after that you'd feel like you're floating. Hehe!
TOOTH FAIRY.
Yes, it is crazy.
I agree with you :)
OLIVE.
My stand hasn't changed,
I still think it's unhygienic :)
KAITLIN.
That's the thing, I asked them to tell me why people are not supposed to take a bath and they just said, "Basta. Masama raw e."
Ayun na yun. If you give me an answer with the words basta and raw, don't expect me to believe you. Hehe.
The Scud.
Naisip ko rin yun, pano sa mga burol na may inaantay pa na kamag-anak na manggagaling sa ibang bansa? Ano ang gagawin nila? Hehe.
Gusto ko sya panoorin ang DED NA SI LOLO. I heard maganda. I will find a copy of it one of these days.
JASSY.
As soon? How come?
It's the exact opposite of this one.
VAYIE.
North as in mga Ilocos area?
All I know is that if we follow all the superstitions, we'd grow crazy! Most of our superstitions, if not all, are not like the Chinese Feng Shui beliefs. There's is more scientific and they have something precise to support it, tayo none.
GOLDEN.
That's good to hear.
That's my point, nothing will really happen even if you take a bath and to think that's in the province. Oh gosh. These people here, they're in the city pa!
LOL! If you think that's stupid, you may just have to check out the comedy indie film Ded Na Si Lolo. Almost every scene cites a superstition about the dead. -- www.moreducation.weebly.com
Post a Comment