☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Limbo
07 October, 2009

I'd like to think that I am not stuck somewhere or wandering aimlessly; I know that I am headed for something, but I don't get to pick how long it takes to get there or how difficult the roads are. It is my job to keep heading that way, any way I can. Sometimes the point is to walk the road and never get to the end. There is no way to know how it will turn out for each of us, but we can. This is LIFE. And choosing a career is similar to it and waiting for the right one is the same.

This must be part of my mid-life crisis. I did follow what I thought was the path to what I want to do with a lot of unexpected twists on the road. Perhaps I won't be able to reach my mountain yet ─ maybe I wasn't meant to reach it early anyways. I do know, that walking towards that mountain is what I was made for, even though sometimes it leads me to odd places.

Bookmark and Share

18 Comments:

twinsouls888 said...

Very well said ^_^, have a nice day girl :)

Unknown said...

I do believe that the "odd places" keeps the journey fun and interesting. But don't worry. You'll definitely get there! :) Oh well, I am also in the middle of a "crisis". I am in this I-want-to-do-this-I-want-to-achieve-that-I-want-to-go-there stage. I sometimes find it hard to determine which one to prioritize. *sighs

Seraphine said...

be careful what you wish for. if it's possible to move mountains, one might come to you.

Nicolasa said...

pfft.its still surprising whenever you realize that youre not the only one who feels lost, that there are other people going through the same trouble of finding themselves.that was a great entry.I wish I was home and we could vent over a few drinks:) miss you munchkin!

R. said...

NOELLE.
"I am in this I-want-to-do-this-I-want-to-achieve-that-I-want-to-go-there stage." → Ditto. Well, we're only young once, might as well do all of them. Hehe.

THE GIRL WITH FLOUR IN HER HAIR.
And more complicated, but it keeps me sane and my brain working all the time.Ü

SERAPHINE.
I've been waiting for one for eight months now. I guess it's not yet time ─ still praying for it.

MUNCHKIN.
I know. We all just have to channel it one way or another. How are you handling it? I can't wait til I'm done with this phase. By the way, I have bottles of wine and Absolut Kurant & Pears here at home. Cheers!Ü

Traveliztera said...

i'm feeling the same way right now haha... after my graduation, honestly, i don't know where I'm gonna be heading... seems like my destination's not yet clear... super. but i do believe in what u said... i know there's a place somewhere out there for us and the roads that may be confusing us may actually be the right ones for us to reach our goal :D good luck on your journey! :D

Richard said...

Midlife crisis at 27? You are too young. At 27 I was back in university to pursue a different career. I had a lot of fun at school.

Like you (I think), I have drifted in life, expecting that as long as I kept my nose clean and was receptive to the universe, things would work out well. To be honest, I cannot complain, I have far more than most, but ... sometimes I wish I had been a little more proactive. My life isn't over yet, I still have (I hope) at least half of it left, so I try to focus on the remaining 40+ years and what I can do in that time.

One thing I sometimes wish I had was a very firm and concrete vision of what I want. With me, it more of a warm and fuzzy feeling and not very specific. On the other hand, I find people who are very focussed and obsessed on something, seem to miss a lot of the beauty that is on the path.

So, when I am in a good mood, I remember all the beautiful and wonderful things I have seen. When I am in a bad mood, I only notice that I am not where I expected to be.

joei ♥ said...

before reading this, saw your comment on ben's post. i think we're all going through the same thing. thinking this is our make-or-break, decision-making or whatever-you wanna-call-it phase in our lives. guess this is what they call quarter life crisis, eh? ;)

Manju said...

you know what? that's exactly how i'm feeling these days *sigh*
but you know what they say, sometimes the journey is more important than the destination..

p.s oh i took inspiration from there and modified the idea, but you're welcome to it if you want to, it'll be fun :)

R. said...

STEPH.
"...seems like my destination's not yet clear" ─ Really, it's not.Ö Goodluck on your journey too.

JOEI.
True! Ben & I must have talked about that when we were doing relief ops last week for Red Cross. It helps when you let it out. It helps when yo get to talk to someone who is also on the same boat. It makes you feel less miserable and not-so-useless. Hehe.

R. said...

MANJU.
"...sometimes the journey is more important than the destination." ─ Thank youu for the reminder.Ü

Really, you're Wednesday What If sounds good. I hope I can have my first post next week, got tons of What Ifs in my head :D

RICHARD.
I also wish that I have this vision of what I want. I used to have it when I was a little girl. It was very simple and seemed like very easy. It changed though through time because of school, work, people you meet, time, economy, etc.

Thank you for all those that you shared. I have picked up things from you that I can apply in my life.Ü

Laurene said...

wow. this is beautiful, ate russ. :]

jassy said...

being on a journey is what makes it fun...=)

Clarissa said...

I hope that you'll find what you wished for and wanted in life. Life is full of wonders--who knows you might find some answers on your journey of life.Wishing you luck,Russ.^_^

re:It is called chikuwa( fish cake),it is made of fish paste with seasonings and wrapped around a bamboo stick and steamed which makes it a tube like as finished product.

Have a blissful weekend to you dear Russ.^_^

R. said...

WEDNESDAY.
What happened to your blog?

CLARISSA.
Thanks! Hey, I really love all your Friday entries. I always look forward to them. I'm learning so much about Japanese food & culture.

Reagan D said...

life is a journey, not a destination.

maybe, youre just on a "pitstop" of life. enjoy the journey! ^^

C said...

three words:

Ditto.

Apir!

*hugs*

R. said...

MANIK_REIGUN.
Steady pa naman ako sa pitstop na to.Ü

Post a Comment