Evacuees live in tents inside the Marikina Sports Center in Marikina City as their homes remain flooded • Photo by PAT ROQUE, first posted by manila_bulletin

This one's a way better deal for an evacuation place or temporary shelter for people and families who were displaced by Ondoy & other super typhoons. Instead of letting everyone stay in just one coliseum where they'd feel like sardines, providing tents like the ones in the photo is more decent. I have to commend the people in Marikina for their efforts, keep it up.Ü

11 Comments:
Oooooohhh people are still homeless and being moved around ...i didn't know :(
Unfortunately. These are people who were displaced by the typhoon and floods & literally don't have anything. It's good that they stay in tents as temporary shelter compared to others who are in stadiums and public schools.
this is definitely better than staying in schools. this way the schools can still be used by the students and these families can get a bit of privacy. i think this is a more comfortable place for them too.
I think so too, kalunos-lunos naman kasi sila kapag nasa evacuation centers like classrooms or gymnasiums because it's really crowded in there tapos parang unsanitary pa kasi sama-sama silang lahat du'n. Sana matapos na ito.
Plus it looks kinda fun. Mas may space yung kids to move and play. Good job!
this is way better=)
Nice!! parang camping lang ah...
It's good that they've been given more comfortable and private shelters. Plus, anhirap pag may sakit ung isa, lahat nagkakasakit na... The idea's really good...
Looks like summer camp (in a more positive way). I'm just wondering how do they go to pee or poo? I'm worried.
K
I think there are portalets stationed in the area.Ö
There were 100+ tents, like the one shown in the pic, set up in Benguet State University. Those are for the landslide victims in La Trinidad, Benguet. Oddly, not a single tent is occupied. I heard no one wants to stay in those tents.
Post a Comment