☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Corny? Cheesy? Huwag Tayong Ningas Cugon
30 October, 2009


I hope our being Pinoys does not start & end end in graphics and artworks here on the web and in shirts that we wear. We sing songs about Filipino pride, but do we really live up to it? Good and admirable Filipino values should not just be shown in times of need. Being Filipino definitely goes beyond these things, so let's always do things that will maximize our potential as a nation. Just something to think about.

Little things that we can do in our very own homes, schools, and communities ─ collectively, they'd sum up to something bigger.Ü



Siguro marami sa atin, nakalimutan na ang "Panatang Makabayan"
Sabi nga sa dito:

Sisikapin ko maging isang tunay na Pilipino,
Sa Isip, sa salita, at sa gawa.
--
Image Credits: anybeat

Bookmark and Share

14 Comments:

Axel said...

ahahaha, guilty ako dun sa panatang makabayan... Pero pinalitan na siya di ba??

jassy said...

what projects do you have in mind?=)

theLastJedi said...

' you hit a homerun here russ.. for no nation shall be great if its people shall remain passive.. it is us Filipinos who shall make the nation, and not the other way around.. =)

Anonymous said...

this post reminds me a lot of someone who keeps saying that he loves the country and the people...and yet keeps attacking our weakness as a country and keeps referring to us as 3rd world.

...are you reading this Gorel?

Ela said...

I moved when I was only 10 and I haven't been back yet. Gosh, I hope too one day.

Thanks for the sweet comment, no, I'm not a model on Looklet :)

R. said...

AXEL.
Dun ako hindi updated. As of the day I graduated High School, we still recited Panatang Makabayan. Nung college, nakaka-miss na yung mga flag ceremonies. Hehe. Pinalitan na sya? Promise?

JASSY.
We don't need big projects dear, little things lang talaga malaki ang maitutulong. Kunwari bawasan ang crab mentality, ang pagtatapon ng basura, and paglalakad ng mga lalaki sa kalye na wala man lang t-shirt, etc etc.

K.noizki said...

Let's get that "crab" off our system, for reals.

Let's all be an honest citizen, yung if we want to get our passport done, we line up, we pay then we go walang mga "paki-suyo" and all that.

In blogosphere marami sa atin ganung crab, if your blog is in English, they would think hindi ka na makabayan. So parang if you use tagalog automatic bang you are tagged as a true Pilipino?

Ewan ko ba, dami sa ating mga assumptionistas, haha.

K

R. said...

That's a classic and perfect example K → PASSPORT. And you did make a good point with the language used in blogs, but we do know that if you want people from other countries to read & understand what you're writing, we have to write in English.

jak said...

U know Russ, i know more about Philippines after reading ur blog and now, i really admire the color of ur country's flag...And u and ur friends really inspire me for how all of u love and care about ur nation =) keep it up!!

R. said...

Thanks Jak. I do rant about politics a lot, but I hope I have also shown you good things about my country and my fellowmen.Ü

Axel said...

Fresh Grad ka ba ng highschool?? Hmmm, kala ko kasi iba na... May nakapagsabi na sakin nun dati eh...

Traveliztera said...

I agree... Walk the talk... :) I hope that we'll continue what we've already established... :)

NGapala...with regards to santi, same here... I was awake the whole night 'til morning... I can hear the strong winds kasi tapos I can see the shadows of the trees in front of my windows and nakakatakot kasi mukha na silang babagsak although the other trees sa village e natuluyan nang bumagsak and may nabasak png window sa kapitbhay namin... even the doors were banging here... really scared me... worried about my dogs downstairs the whole night... buti inayos sila

Miles Montecillo said...

Hey Russo! What was your halloween costume? I'm pretty sure it's a creative one! :)

Engkuan, Serene, Jacob, Laya said...

russ did you know that they changed panatang makabayan?! i was proudly reciting it with cobo and then bam...natauhan akong iba na pala ang pinagsasasabi ko! hahaha!

Post a Comment