☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: What's Your Favorite Drink?
03 September, 2009

This was Twitpic-ed the other day by @droz and he said that these ads are seen in New York to create awareness about the bad effects of soda -- and other sugary drinks, too. It does look scary and also a little too straightforward if we were compare it to our ads here in the Philippines, but I think it’s something that we Filipinos should also be concerned about. Most of us love rice and I am sure that in a lot of households, sodas- soft drinks are always part of a Filipino meal. A lot of people drink it every day, practically in every meal... might be because they're inexpensive and are very tasty. It's addicting too!

I want to share this to readers of my blog, to people who'd stumble upon this site, and to people who do not have Twitter accounts. Regular or diet soda – it does not matter because soda is bad for the health. It makes us fat. Unless it's water, we do consume extra calories with our drinks. And anything that makes a person gain weight increases that person's risk of getting diabetes. Our kidneys, liver, and bones are also affected by over-consumption of soft drinks.

Unfortunately, sodas aren't just the not-so-good drinks out there. Other sugary drinks also pour on the pounds. It sucks right? You’d think – how can something so good be so bad? I’m not here to tell you to totally stop drinking them, but know that there are healthier and better alternatives that we can drink. At least after you read this post, you are more aware and it’s up to you to make the choice.

No To Sodas

Bookmark and Share

18 Comments:

Traveliztera said...

one thing i learned from my parents is to never drink sodas. give me a soda, i won't accept it. i'd rather have water. hahaha. i only drink water, tea, milk, or coffee. :D

removing the soda is one step to losing weight :D

R. said...

"removing the soda is one step to losing weight :D" → I super agree! One will be surprised how much help this can bring.

I have to confess a soda weakness of mine. I can't eat pizza without soda so the solution is to stay away from pizza as much as I can.Ü

Traveliztera said...

wow...double weightloss effects for u haha

Lucia ♡ said...

This is sooooo totally true!

U can see it on TV everytime u watch a show where someone wants to lose some weight that the first thing a doctor/fitness trainer advice that person to do is to replace soda by pure water :)

Btw.I always drink soda when eating pizza as well,haha.But then again i don't eat pizza as often as before ;)

[vayie] said...

I'm guilty of that. I don't feel full after a meal without Coke even if I know it's bad for me (I have UTI and gastritis). I wish I could have the self-control.

D.L. Verzosa said...

thanks for dropping by at my site...
and also for the compliment...

care to ex link?? i will add you in my bloglist after publishing this comment... thanks!!

R. said...

STEPH.
Something to that effect. I have not had pizza in months! :D

LUCIA.
Just by replacing sugary drinks and soda with water, you'll be surprised with the benefits.

Agh, there is just something with pizza and soda. Pizza does not taste right without soda. I wonder why.Ö

VAYIE.
Oh dear. I know it's really not good if you have UTI. You have to drink water and water and more water.

Oman said...

tnx for the info. water lang ako ok na.

jak said...

i used to drink soda (Coke, Sprite, etc) but now i've leaved that habit..the only sugar drink i consume is UC1000 lol..the advertisement is scary but effective =)

JENIE=) said...

regular soda's are empty calories...but one can have the alternative "diet" soda's =)

i've a new blog russ...hope you can come visit and follow soon=)
heartQUAKES

Lucia ♡ said...

I wonder so too.Someone should make a study on the subject,hehe :)
I would love to know why pizza and soda attract each other so much,lol.

Anonymous said...

That's why there's a saying that goes "delicious on the lips, ten pounds on the hips."

I rarely drink sodas, I usually prefer a smoothie or tea over them.

R. said...

LUCIA.
Good point! I've been trying to figure that one out for years. Could it be the oily stuff on pizzas?

CHARLES.
... teas and smoothies are the healthier choices plus water. I ♥ the saying that you shared → "delicious on the lips, ten pounds on the hips."

JENIE.
Will visit your new blog after this.

JAK.
Good for you!Ü How long has it been since you had your last soda? Never tempted? :D

jak said...

i forget...i think for these two years =D Viva healthy life!

ReadWriteSnap said...

hi russ...thanks for dropping in my other blog...way of life is my second blog too (aside from others whew!)...here, most people are quite obese because 1, they're lazy. they don't move as much. then they have soda for every meal/snack they have. kasi nga, if you do dine in, soda is wantosawa - overflowing, bottomless. kaya...

other thing too, the nice fact about Uncle Sam is that when they do commercials, they do talk about side effects - to the max - and when they want to compare with other products - they compare outright - saying the name - unlike there in Pinas.

Me, i'm never a soda girl. I'm an orange juice/hot tea. so when i have a soda, it's a treat. not a beverage.

Unknown said...

I very rarely drink sodas.
We've also stopped using powdered juices. We rely on the the good old freshly squeezed kalamansi or dalandan juices, with honey as sweetener.
I think more people should be aware of what they eat and drink.

Kaitlin said...

I've never been a fan of sodas. I can't drink 'em. So I've always been a water person, except for this recent scare of amoebiasis at work so I've been stuck with all sorts of juices. It is bad for me I know. :(

Clarissa said...

I don't drink softdrink too much but I love the taste of beer instead and there's no wonder I have pounds on my hips on that! I'm trying not to drink much of beer,kailangan ko na talagang magpapayat before it's too late!!(T_T)

Post a Comment