My weekend and early this week have been tough on my workout. I got off to a somewhat great start, then I have fizzled. I took a short workout break for three days – Sunday til Tuesday. I wasn't working out + I was eating normal food either for breakfast or brunch which means that I was having some carbs there and was surprised to see my numbers on the scale this afternoon. I was pleased, got very hyper and easily got back on track.
I took a break because I was feeling something painful on the left portion of my stomach when I run, but I noticed that this happens when I drink water or any kind of liquid, say Gatorade or an energy drink. I gave it a rest for three days after my workouts and runs last week. I have yet to find out the connection between my water intake and running. I cannot not drink water, otherwise I’d be dehydrated.
Today I got my iPod, had a great workout, and found good rhythm while running. I still felt that little pain in my stomach, but nothing sharply painful and it didn’t feel like I was pushing hard. I felt better and to make things more exciting, I am relatively running faster. I used to be around the low 7s, but these past few days, I have been doing splits … running at 8s. I’ll work on improving my speed and at the same time avoid my short walks. Last Sunday, I saw a friend who’s into triathlons and he told me to run with little steps so I don’t get tired easily. He said that if I constantly do this, I will eventually be able to do an easy 5KM or even a 7KM without walking. As most of you know, I recently grew a love for it - wrote about it here. It's so invigorating to run. With two new songs that I am madly in love with, despite the lazy weather that we have been having for days, I'm still in the mood to run.
These two songs on my workout playlist are what I have been listening to lately to get me pumped up to run. First off, there is Sara Paxton’s version of Can You Feel The Love Tonight. I really like it because it gets me started on the right pace and it also gets me in the running mood that I want. To add to that, with the kind of weather that we have been experiencing recently, there is another song, which I call my “steady running music”. It does not pump me up too much but it always puts a smile on my face because of its beats. It also makes me bob my head out on a run. I feel like I should do hopscotch while listening to it. This song is called Molotov by the now defunct Narda.
Now that I am back on my feet and on the treadmill, I am getting more and more psyched about marathons. Two girlfriends have already invited me to join two different marathons next month. I am seriously considering joining, but I really do have to work on my endurance first. Any tips? Should do a 5KM or a 7KM – okay, not right now .. this is extremely crazy talk.
--
Since we're on the topic of running … I was in awe when Sen. Noynoy Aquino’s announced that he will be running for the Presidency in 2010. The sudden turn of events just made the coming 2010 Elections more interesting. A week ago, I think we all saw this coming and now, everything is clear. I felt Sen. Noynoy’s genuine love for the country. He seems to be determined to continue what his parents have started. It is not an easy task, but he seems already set for it. Right now, the entire country has yet to wait for the other candidates and for the announcement of Noynoy’s running mate. Until then, abangan ang susunod na kabanata.Ü
09 September, 2009
Could Sen. Noynoy Aquino be the answer to our prayers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 Comments:
when will i ever get the push to run?! i envy you russ! treadmills in gyms don't work, nature running doesn't inspire, even running at home (in front of the tv) is such a lame effort to get me going. men... running after my kids, i guess, is enough for now. :)
Serene!Ü Some things never change -- you're still the funniest! I can imagine you saying that comment to me. What are you doing now? Are you a nurse? Ask Engkuan to run with you or jog with your kids. Go to the gym, go go go. Regular exercise is good, promise!
i'm not fond of running...i'd rather dance...=)
about noynoy, I'd vote for him if mar roxas will be his vice p=)
Oooohhh I hate that stitch-on-the-side feeling while running. Panira ng run. I normally get to avoid it by hydrating myself an hour before a run then during the last 30 minutes, just a gulp of liquid.
Your triathlete friend is right (si Bans ba 'to?). I managed to attend a talk by a running coach once and he said that the efficient run is taking small steps. If you have a watch, try to take 23 paces in 15 seconds daw. Haven't tried measuring that on my stride yet though.
wow! nice to know that your workout is going great! sana it would reap great results too!
which reminds me that i also badly need some exercise! :)
kg
kg.bahay-bahayan.com
So that little pain is normal? I'll try to do what you're doing. 1 hour before I run, I'll load up on water. The only thing that I don't like when I drink so much is it feels heavy.
23paces in 15secs. I'll try that too.Ü Thanks for sharing this one Ben!
My triathlete friend who told me to run little steps, is Vinny. He's also from Zobel, one batch higher. Do you know him? He's the one who introduced Bans to triathlon. Vinny's teaching third Sunday of September, it's a running class. You wanna come?
JASSY.
Noynoy-Mar might be a good tandem. I was watching Profiles last night on ABS. It was about Mar. It was heartbreaking to hear his side, the reactions of both his mom and Korina after he made his decision not to run for President in 2010.
I think that little pain on some part of the stomach is quite normal russ..I have that quite a lot when I run or jog. And yes, I think it happens because of empty stomach..so an hour or two before, I will drink or grab something light, not too much though ;)
Hope it works for u too gal..
Yes, music can help to add more spirit when we do something...And it's so funny when you relate the topic of running in gym with presidential running campaign, lol...nice try Russ =D
OLIVE.
Thanks for that. I feel relieved!Ü For days I was a little worried about it. I read in one of the fitness blogs that a heavy meal should be eaten 4 hours before workout and then 45 minutes before workout liquids to avoid dehydration and a light snack for more energy.
JAK.
The presidential running thing came in last minute -- I was about to hit the PUBLISH button when I remembered Sen. Aquino's announcement.Ö
Grace de Castro.
Yes, the results so far have been great. I encourage you and everyone else to exercise because it is really good for our bdoies.Ü I want to inspire a lot of people to want to be fit and healthy.
Happy to hear that you're doing good on your work-out,Russ!Way to go!!\(^0^)/I don't run but I'm trying to lose weight paunti-unti--I'm doing a 30-40minutes walk in the morning,akyat-baba sa hagdan for 10 times(hanggang 2nd floor) everyday,eating salads on meals with half cup of rice.Kulang pa kaya yun?
Have a nice day,Russ!!^_^
Thank you for the suggestion Russ. I am interested with the internet connection from smart of globe. Might call these companies. maybe we can get a good deal.
Marly
of
Workplace On The Web
Mhar's Display
Any Day Shop
Food Sense
My Tech Notes
Bundles Of Joy
Emotionally Entertaining
CLARISSA.
That's awesome -- a great start! You really don't have to be hard-core to be fit and to lose weight. You can try reducing if not totally food that have are high glycemic, they have loads of flour, starch, and sugar.
MARLY.
You're welcome! I'm not sure if I mentioned Sun Cellular. It's another option.
Good to know you have your groove back. As for me, I still have this tir stuck to my belly. I'm being lazy and stubborn.
Noynoy is currently on my list too. Matagal pa at marami pa ang mangyayari. I just hope he doesn't propose on Wowowee or maybe Kris' The Buzz. :)
i really would like to have the same desire that you have in getting in the best of shapes...maybe in reading and reading your posts, i will get inspired in time, and truly it motivates me.
i am here from my newest blog heartQUAKES again ang i hope you can come for the tag i have for you. will be back to see your answers...it'll be nice to know more of this russ who's running and running...and running=)
ackkk running. love/hate relationship attacking hahaha.
the water thing while running happens to me too. :) others say it's because of improper breathing... :)
as for noynoy... i truly see his sincerity... i just hope na hindi dadayain ung election ng ibang tatakbo making him lose when in fact alam nating mananalo siya... (i doubt it. hay. asang walang dayang mangyayari... =\ )
STEPH.
Improper Breathing? Like how? I really am still a novice at this, but I will make sure that I learn how to do it. Panira talaga, like what Ben said, when you're running and then you feel that pain.
---
... my sentiments too :( I'm still undecided. I don't know who to vote for. I do want to get to know all the candidates, but I do feel that CHEATING is bound to happen. We all know how dirty Administration plays its games. Tsk. Tsk.
JENIE.
I hope to inspire you one day. Thanks for the tag, will check next time I'm online :D
I didn't go to the gym yesterday too. Damn rain made me too lazy and felt like sleeping the whole day instead. But will go later.
You like Narda pala. Do you have most of their EPs and their only album? Try their other song, Gasolina.
I have my own playlist too when I go to they Gym, it gave me an idea to blog about it. =)
Hilaw pa si Noynoy sa tingin ko. Pero we'll see. At least he's not one of the trapos diba.
BABY BOY.
When Narda was disbanded, that's when I started to like them. Hinayang talaga because I must've seen them quite a number of times in Saguijo but at that time, I thought they were so-so. I like Gasolina too. One reason why I like the music of Narda, it's because they remind me of PEDICAB.
Well their only album is somehow like Pedicab, their EPs are more pop like 80s and early 90s. I have most of their EPs except for some. You like going to Saguijo pala. The last time I was there was last month watching Up Dharma Down.
Post a Comment