Full of flavor, generally light with a variety of healthier options -- these always come to mind whenever I think of Vietnamese Food. But, not all my friends would want to join me for a Vietnamese meal because a lot of them are scared to try. Come on. Know what? I think it's worth going to Vietnam just for the food.Ü
I'm really a big fan of Pho; it's my constant lust. Pho is the classic Vietnamese Soup. It's a magical masterpiece of clear broth that has a lot of flavor in it accompanied with bean sprouts, coriander leaves, and a lemon wedge. I have yet to find out what they do and what else is mixed into this soup that's makes it so delish.
I'd also like to add that a visit to a Vietnamese restaurant is not complete without having Goi Cuon or Fresh Spring Rolls -- heaven wrapped in rice papers with shrimp, grilled chicken, vermicelli, julienned carrots, basil, and bean sprouts. It is usually served with Hoisin Peanut Sauce, which I think is too sweet so I prefer to have the killer Pi Sauce with my Spring Rolls. You have to try it because Goi Cuon is quite plain without it.

GOI CUON
Soul-Satisfying & Simply Good!
I have not been to Vietnam, but the best & the closest to authentic Vietnamese Food that I've tried was in this house along the main road of Greenheights Subdivision, just here in Parañaque. This is where I learned to appreciate Vietnamese Food. The wife, who happens to be Vietnamese, did all the cooking while her husband, who is Filipino was in-charge of doing PR. Basically, he loved to chit chat with their customers. Though I would love to tell all of you to visit their place, it's just too bad that they migrated to the United States with their children years ago.
BUT we do have Pho Hoa and Pho Bac here in the Philippines so I still get my Vietnamese Food fix every now and then. I'm lucky that here in The South, there is one that's just a ten-minute drive from my house. I ♥ Pho Hoa, it's always worth the trip.
---
PHO HOA Alabang Town Center
T | (632) 772.3894

21 Comments:
Wow! The pic itself looks like delicious. I wanna try some Viet soon!
Incidentally, I had this for lunch yesterday, I like it when it's a little "cold" - a Filipino version for fresh lumpia for me but truly without the chile-flecked peanut dipping sauce in it, plain lang. Very appetizing!
K
OMG, that looks delish! never really got to try vietnamese food before. my sister visisted vietnam for a couple of weeks as part of her school curriculum (she's taking up culinary arts) and she said that the food was really good. i better try one of those myself. ok now i'm hungry! :p
Russ I agree! I also love Pho Hoa. We have it in Singapore also, and I tried it few weeks ago.. Love it..My favorites are the Pho,and the fried spring roll :)
i tried Vietnamese food once and didn't like it and i haven't had any since.
your photo makes me wonder if i should give it another shot. ;)
I feel so hungry now!lol
Luckily it's lunch time in here now and mom will be done with cooking soon :D
If it was not for the people (all my girls from Asia,including you)i would definitely want to come to Asia for it's delicious food,yum!
wow.. it looks delicious. the fresh spring rolls look similar to sushi, but when i read that it is served with peanut sauce, i then remember lumpia. hehe.. I really want to try that food. :)
twinsanity.info
BENG.
I don't like the Peanut Sauce.Ö Whenever I'm at Pho Hoa, I always ask for Pi Sauce, it really goes well with Fresh Spring Rolls.
LUCIA.
That's very sweet. Asian Food's really good. Though some can be very high in calories, a lot of Asian Food are also very healthy -- must be the reason why most Japanese & Korean women I've seen are very slim.
CLARE.
I'm biased because I ♥ Vietnamese Food so I'd tell you to go try it again. If you don't like the Fresh Spring Rolls good, start with the fried version of it. It's like our Lumpiang Shanghai, but it tastes better.
OLIVE.
For some odd reason, when I'm feeling a little low, I always go to Pho Hoa. I don't know if it's just me, but their food seem to have some calming effect in them.
I really really love their spring rolls. Whenever we eat out and I don't feel like eating but there is a need to eat, I go for these babies. Hahaha... Really really love 'em. :)
KAITLIN.
You are one lucky girl.Ü When your sister comes back, you can ask her to make all these Vietnamese goodies for you. I hope you enjoy Vietnamese Food when you do try it. Goodluck!
K.
True, that's why there has to be the SAWSAWAN.Ü You can't eat it without the dipping sauce.
BABY BOY.
Do try it!Ü Goi Cuon for your appetizer then order a bowl of Pho. I reco the seafood bowl then ask for their special chili sauce if you like it spicy -- PANALO!
i like the peanut sauce... is the Pi sauce the black one na medyo matapang?
TRAVELIZTERA.
... true that - if you don't want to eat but still want to eat, Goi Cuon is for you. Pi Sauce is vinegar-based, but it's not that sour.
food=)
I will definitely try one soon! Thanks Russ!
WAHH!! It's 4 o clock in the morning and I'm starving because of this. hahahaa!
Hi Ms.Russ! How are you?
I think i´ve tasted it when I went to a Vietnamese restaurant here. Anyway, my comfort food is actually a combination of egg, tuna, tomatoes and pasta.
You're from the South too! Wow! Hello there neighbor!
We like Pho Hoa too! I'm not much of a salad man but I like their version. Their vinaigrette (had to google for the right spelling) is diffrent, citrusy and fresh. We also liked their Spring Rolls. :)
i have not tried Vietnamese food but that photo is sure looking mighty good!
Oh my Russ, Pho Hoa is just a few walks from my office building. Now, I'm tempted!
oi! salamat for this...I've been wondering what to order in vietnamese restaurant because my son is fixed on his crispy noodles...what about us?
it's can be quite a task what to try next and this is such a nice review! i'll order that next time. we were just there yesterday and bought our favorites. but it's nice to try something new. pho and goi cuon...i'll take note of that. thanks!
I have tried Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Thai food but not Vietnamese. Just by how you said it, it looks tempting.
Post a Comment