☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Day 166 » Discovering A New Love
01 September, 2009

If there was one machine at the gym that I loathe, it would be the treadmill. It was the transport that I loved. However, all these have changed. I started doing good runs on a regular basis after my Boracay trip last June because I was told I if I wanted to make my weight loss more efficient and more effective, I needed to do a lot of cardio. I started on the treadmill for 30 minutes and just worked my way up slowly. From 30 minutes, I went to 45 and I now run for at least an hour. Distance-wise, I started doing 3KM, then 4.5KM. Come mid-August, I was doing at 6KM to 6.7KM.

I realized that VANITY is an awesome motivator. Really, when I was just starting to run, I would tell myself that I only need to do 30 minutes on the treadmill and then I can die, or not. I added a little more … one more minute, 100 meters at a time and I seriously think that signing up for a marathon is also a great way to challenge yourself. Yesterday, I did 6.6KM and I want to do 7KM and eventually get to 10KM or more. I know I will get there one of these days – baby steps. I am also thinking of joining a Running Clinic or a Running Group. We'll see, one thing at a time.

I’ve come to love running. It's an almost-perfect whole body exercise and it really helps lose the pounds. I have to say, it feels sooo good, especially with a nice playlist in your MP3 Player. So. September started on a happy note. Good. Good. I intend to keep it that way. Now who wants to run with me?

Bookmark and Share

10 Comments:

aceychan said...

lol, russ! i just love you. vanity is truly an awesome motivator but i think you really wanna be healthy, too. i wish i am as such a go-getter as you! :D

Nicolasa said...

good for you munchkin. reading your entries inspires me to get up and hit the gym:)

R. said...

NIKKI.
I think that is my pseudo-goal.Ü Are you back to blogging? I'm following you now.

ACEY.
The healthy part came first, I didn't really have a better choice -- doctors' orders. Vanity because, I seriously wanted to fit in all my clothes. It would have broken my heart if I would've to give all my clothes away.

ReadWriteSnap said...

nice...i've never been good at treadmill...i guess, reading ur post, i have to start running too. but then vanity does not motivate me very well...i should take a good look at myself in the mirror to take me back to the vanity world. I kind of lost that since we got here, but I've been hoping to get back to size 2. yeah, i'll try cardio. thanks girl. now, that's i call a motivator. ^^v

R. said...

Thanks AbBy!Ü Keep me updated with your treadmill activities. I really didn't like it at first, so I feel ya. Goodluck and cheers to wanting to be healthy.

jbcalimon said...

I guess you're right, we might have lots of reasons to get in shape but it will still be related to vanity to be the main motivator for us to do it.

Guess what. I am hitting the gym tomorrow! =)

R. said...

Congratulations!Ü
Keep me posted with your progress.

Traveliztera said...

same here... gah... i don't know... i like running outside the treadmill probably because i can get more distractions whenever i'm outside but the advantage of having a treadmill is that u can control almost everything. hahaha. i still have this love-hate relationship with it because my heart goes for it if it's in the mood...

true...the mp3 player helps in loving the treadmill hahahhaa. i think that's where my love for treadmill comes in. if my ipod's in lowbatt mode--patay.

Anonymous said...

buzz me if youre gonna join a running group. I wanna join too! :)

Kaitlin said...

well, i do! if only i had the time. :(

Post a Comment