Playlist #2 in my i.Pod is called VITAMINS.Ü People who do not exercise need vitamins... All the more you need it if you're dieting or counting calories and if you have regular exercise. We don't get all the nutrients that we need in the food that we eat everyday that's why it is important that we take these supplements to help maintain our health. I can't live without my vitamins. I also cannot live without music – it's supplemental & essential.
You see, if there is one thing that I make sure I have each time I workout, it's my i.Pod. MUSIC is a must when I head to the gym. It's an awesome way to keep me from getting bored, especially when I'm on the bike, treadmill, or transport. I constantly update my playlist. It keeps me all pumped up and motivated.
One of my friends likes to listen to slow songs when he's on the treadmill. He likes songs with the vibe of The Freshman. I could not quite understand until now and thought that it was rather strange that his workout playlist has a lot of slow songs in it. But hey, to each his own.Ü People tailor these kinds of things to their needs so I already stopped pestering my friend about his playlist.
I, on the other hand, love to punish myself whenever I am at the gym.Ü My music preference when I workout has a lot of Rock and Punk Rock in it, which is a discovery for me! I listen a lot to alternative, 80s, movie soundtracks – that's why I was surprised with myself that I found this sudden appreciation with these two genres. Not bad at all, because these kinds of music
- Make my workout more vigorous..
- And they keep my mind off fatigue.
- I also feel dissociated to everything else around me and to whatever it is that my body is feeling.
I highly reco these other songs. Yeah! Punk Goes Pop.Ü
| Like A Prayer | → Rufio | |
| Everywhere | → Yellowcard | |
| Kiss Me | → New Found Glory | |
| Buttercup | → Busted & McFly | |
| Footloose | → Good Charlotte |
Bloc Party,The Killers, Pedicab, and Taken By Cars all have a lot of awesome music that you can also include in your workout playlist.
At the end of the day, what matters is what works best for you. Listen to songs that will be beneficial for your workout which eventually will lead to fitness gains and fabulous long-term results for your body.

15 Comments:
same here! i have a certain playlist in my ipod just meant for workouts.
i like my workout playlist to be somehow upbeat because i really need to make my pace fast (just like u). :)
btw, i'm from alabang as well. :)
Mine isn't very 'current' so to speak but I find my runs pick up the pace when I listen to these songs:
1.) Bleed It Out - Linkin Park
2.) Gimme More - Britney Spears
3.) Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
Hahahaha! I can't believe I posted this. Weird how I can listen to Linkin Park and Britney in one list. I also have Kamikazee, Justin Timberlake, and Rihanna. Iba-iba talaga.
i wonder what listening to opera music while working out will do for you LOL
BEN.
Don't worry, I also have Britney in my playlist.Ü There are a lot of songs that are not-so-current, but they're all super good songs for workout, running, etc. I'll get nga Linkin Park the next time I update my playlist.
PRINSESA MUSANG.
Ooh. I wouldn't want to try it because I have a feeling it'll make me sleepy. Hahaha. Maybe there are others out there who prefer to listen to opera music when working out.Ü
TRAVELIZTERA.
The effect of upbeat music is like always having an extra burst of energy. Love it!
Thank goodness I know most of the songs on your iPod and I agree with you that you need a good sound while you're working out. :) Para naman ganahan ka `di ba?
Eto na Naman is one of Gary V's best. It would just make you dance like crazy.
yes, vitamins for supplement... and music also helps maintain our health. it's relaxing. ;-)
VAYIE.
Didn't put those that were out-of-this-world.Ü Better to put something that most people will be able to relate to.
GAB'S MOM.
Ü ... Yeah. My workout playlist is like vitamins to me.
I don't have a playlist... and still have not exercised haha! I'll put that on my to-do list for tomorrow.. for now, I'll search for my work-out songs :)
heyyy :) where ka nga pala sa alabang? :) u can call me steph :) baka mamaya same pala tyo gym
Hi Russ,
Gosh, speaking of workout, I think I'm in dire need of one. I gained some weight (like scary 10 pounds) as soon as I started working. From being quite lanky, my body type's now average (with some bilbils here and there. ACK).
Ha-ha, OTOH I must agree, The Killers' songs are invigorating. Imagine working out whilst playing "Move Away". ;-)
JOSELLE.
If you have time, I reco this site → www.inthegym.net. They have A LOT of playlists arranged according to type of workout, machine, activity, celebs, music genre.Ü
ako upbeat music, hiphop, rnb, reggae...mga ganun=)
I don't have a playlist on my N 5800 but I only uploaded songs that I like to listen the most. I am currently listening on The Rescues while working out. I like their song Break Me Out and Shadows of Tall Buildings.
Hi Ms.Russ! ayos ah! Panalo lahat ng nasa work out playlist mo! ;) Packed with Carbs to burn more! :)
may isang song ako na i hope ilagay mo din jan as one of your suppliments! ;) lalo na kapag nasa thread mill ka or anything fast..
yung..
"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
napaka positive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ7ZvxXvn90
CHARLES.
I'm like you! A lot of the songs in my phone and I.Pod are songs that I like to listen to. Super gasgas talaga! Except for the songs in my workout playlist, which I change and/or update every so often. I will look up The Rescues, thanks for sharing!Ü
GREEN MANGOES.
Hahaha. Funny ka talaga → bad yun if packed with carbs! I'm super trying to veer away from food that's high in carbs.
I'll add a few more songs from Jimmy Eat World. I listen to them too. Thanks Thanks!
Post a Comment