It is almost a month since I started going back to the gym. So far, so good. I know that I getting stronger and I hope to be "almost" in shape by July. In relation to this, I think that it would be okay to start looking for a job since this usually takes a while. By the time that I have one, despite my thyroid condition, I look forward to an improved ME.
I have updated my resume...
Signed up in two or three job networks.
And one of which, is JobStreet. I got a bit excited, I even went for that PRIORITY APPLICATION -- it is where you pay a particular amount and JobStreet puts a highlight on your profile. Thing is, I was expecting good matches from them. Unfortunately, the people calling me are always asking if I'd like to apply for an HR position. ??!? Something is obviously wrong there. I didn't even bother to ask about the company. To add insult to injury, the last 3 job matches that were sent to me were for Recruitment Firms. How absurd! To be honest, it is starting to irritate me.
I just think that since I went out of my way to have that Priority Application, then I should get my money's worth for the services that they promised. Part of that is being able to provide me with quality job matches that fit my profile from the right companies.
So there. Obviously, I am pissed.
Let's see what happens in the next few days.
20 April, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 Comments:
How much did you play for Priority Application anyway? It could be really frustrating if you are being offered jobs that doesn't match your profile.
russ! try going out and sending your resumes in makati.
Also try Jobsdb instead of jobstreet. :)
just have patience, meron din yan..
ingat!---- joe
JOE.
'Sup? Steads lang ako still. I'm not in a rush naman to work, for now. I had to start lang somewhere.
I think I have a Jobs DB too, but I have not seen anything there. So far ha. I've only checked it once.
James and I went around Alabang last week. I have yet to think about Makati. Something's stopping me from working in Makati -- or baka lang kase nasanay ako masyado na malapit yung place of work. Hehe.
Patience. Shet! :D Good thing, work isn't my top priority now. I super wanna lose weight first and get back in shape. May mga psychological and emotional shites kase sya so I wanna fix it first. After that, everything else will follow.
Takits soon! May blog ka na ba ulit? Patience. Haha. Thanks Joe!
VAYIE.
Regardless of the cost.... People normally sign up for a free account, and then I got a Priority Application.
Me kase, I don't mind paying as long as I get my money's worth. Super nahassle lang talaga ako with the matches.
Russ, ask Kuya Din job hunting. He might be able to help you with his headhunters.
ATE CARRIE.
Nice. Sige, I'll message Kuya Din in FB. Thanks Ate Carrie :)
Post a Comment