☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Day 12 » New Things
01 April, 2009

I confess... I am disjointed today to make a cohesive post.
I'm wired and tired at the same time from today's activities: gym in the morning + uber HOT weather this afternoon + badminton in the evening with Pao, James, Tarts, AJ, and D. I have no idea whatsoever how to play badminton, but I sure did sweat as much as I do when I'm on the elliptical crosstrainer. Fair enough for someone who is clueless about the game.Ü

The only thing that I did not like today was that the first few minutes of badminton, I was being Nazi-ed by someone. How am I supposed to learn if I constantly being scolded for something that I do not know. Seems like this person does not understand what I meant when I said, "Hindi ako marunong mag-badminton." That means... I needed someone patient enough to teach me and show me how to do things. You don't learn things with a snap of a finger. Gimme a break.

Despite that little voovoo because I intentionally sat down during our first game, it still was a good night.Ü The boys brought us to this new place here in The South. We had a late-night snack at MIRAJ. It's small, informal place to grab a quick bite of some good Persian food. It's along Aguirre Avenue, near Elizalde intersection, here in BF Homes Paranaque -- still on their soft opening, nevertheless my friends and I had a good experience tonight.

And after eating at Miraj, I can't help but compare it to the Shawarma Snack Center (SSC). If I were to choose between the two, I'd go for the former. A lot of the people from The South would probably agree with me that SSC was the best, but no longer is. There is a significant drop in quality. Why?

  • Price is more reasonable.
  • Portion size is just right. Not too much that you can no longer finish your plate and at the same time not too little that you'd complain.
  • The place is also well-lit... this is very important.
  • And they also have better parking slots.
  • Miraj is a lot cleaner. I especially like the fact that they have a wash area. I did not get to see the washroom, but looking at the overall cleanliness of the place, I would assume that it should be clean. I hope they get to maintain this initial cleanliness for as long as they can. Call me picky, but I hate eating in a place that's close to filthy. The owners of the Shawarma Snack Center along President's Ave weren't able to maintain the place and the vibe brought about by the billiards table at the back part of SSC gives the scary "kanto" feel.
  • Our food was served at a reasonable time.
  • Lastly, food attendants are very attentive. Ü
  • What did I have last night?
    Lemme see. I got to try the following:
  • Motabal.. It was just fantastic. Though I might come as biased, because I was born to be a motabal-lover.
  • Beef Kebab.. This is an excellent choice for Miraj first-timers.
  • Chicken Kebab.. I didn't like it so much, but D enjoyed it.
  • Hummous
  • Grilled Tomatoes
  • Salsa
  • They also have rice dishes, but I did not try it since I am not into carbs, especially rice, for now. Too bad I was not able to get their numbers, but for sure I will be back at this place. Dine in; it's sure to fix that instant craving!Ü

    ---
    Miraj is open from 6PM - 2AM, Tue to Sun.
    Sorry, I was not able to get their contact numbers.Ö

    Bookmark and Share

    4 Comments:

    jassy said...

    i like table tennis better...badminton is painful on the wrist=)

    acey said...

    hi, russ!!! sorry to read about the badminton nazi. lol. you don't deserve the scolding. but i bet you kicked bootie for a 1st timer.

    R. said...

    Hmm. I don't think I've played table tennis ever. I was always avoiding it even back in high school. Maybe I should learn that sport too... that's right, after badminton, table tennis naman.Ü I have to super familiarize myself with badminton first. Hehe.

    R. said...

    ACEY.
    ... good girl ako e, hindi ko inaway. Haha.Ü

    Post a Comment