I am sick! Once again! Second time this month… So you guys can just imagine how praning my mom is by this time. It’s the flu and a not-so-slight throat infection, plus other things that still need to be validated by tests.
I was not able to go to work last Thursday. Despite that, I still braved the ailment not only to finish a important requirements needed for the JV Signing, but also to be able to ensure as well that things will turn out okay.
Going back… With my condition right now, I have been under house arrest since Thursday, but I managed to sneak out of the house while my mom was at her feeding program so I could be at the JV signing in Makati. I was quite successful with that. Unfortunately, I got too tired and went home with a fever. Thus, I wasn’t allowed to go to Halloween get-together of Sales and Marketing at the Godfather’s new house. What a bummer. I have this lovely costume, which would make me a Puerto Rican dancer-princess, that my collegue Aileen got for me and I was not able to wear it – my mom was pretty firm with her house arrest decision. Yep, I am under house arrest because my mom feels that this sickness is work-related as well. I don’t want to ague with her about that. She may not get to the bottom of this flu or whatever, but I think what I really want to say is that: Mothers know best. Aside from the house arrest and with what’s happened to my voice, I am not allowed to eat a lot of things. I have to avoid all these comfort food, as told by my family doctor.
No chilli.
No spicy food.
No sweets.
No soda.
Nothing cold.
:-(
You’d think it’s an easy list. Hell no! It’s torture! Anyway, I’ve been sleeping so late the past few nights, but doc’s medicine hit me out like a metal pole to the head within minutes. Love those meds, hahahaha! His last sentence “Sleep early, why don’t you?” didn’t help much. BUT his medication did the work for him. :-)
I shall go now.. to rest.. and get a bit more sleep. I need to save every energy that I have for Halloween. I don’t wanna get stuck at home when everyone’s out partying. Besides, this is my first Halloween after two years of MIA. You know how my work eats up so much of time. Tomorrow.. Techically later, I will be a good girl and will take my medicine because my brother said I sould sicker than before I left home today and Duart was lovingly pestering me to take it anyway. I had to skip afternoon dosage yesterday to stay awake! When I met Duart after the JV Signing and took my medicine, I got K.O.-ed for about six hours and after that, which is now I am up biting chumps and super-poking my friends in Facebook.
Okay, time to sleep now.
Sweet dreams :-)
27 October, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment