I have always wanted to slow down a bit… Take my life like nice cognac one sip at a time. I wake in the morning and stretch myself into my head. Not stretching to reach for something, stretching to find a place that feels right. Right place, right time.
Last summer I discovered the beauty of breathing room. Now, I am seeing the light of finding space between breaths, yawning with the luxury of little bits of time, stopping myself before I run off to do something too fast. It’s exciting to learn how to turn off the fast forward switch, to have the time to wonder in the white space between words. I reach for a thing to do, and then I stop myself. Is this something that needs doing now, or should I finish what I’m already doing first?
What an amazing thing to do one thing at a time is!
I’ve always been something at knowing what others were thinking.
Now, I’m holding thoughts and following them to logical conclusions. I can’t wait to be in that once place where there are no more distractions or self-conscious diversions. The best Christmas present that I’ll have, probably this year if God permits, is to have and experience Christmas, the Holidays, and New Year again. For the past two years that I’ve been working, I clearly remember that I would be sleeping on December 24 and the whole day of December 25. I would be working the week after Christmas and sleeping again on December 31 and January 1. However, I get this feeling that this year will be different... In less than three months, I really want to have that o enjoy wandering through my thoughts, figuring things out, and simply not think about work.
23 September, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment