PIXEL BUG Weekend 008
I'm still counting ─ lemme see .. my favorite couple adopted for the second time + it's the sixth weekend without D + the FIRST out-of-town trip for the year.Ü Our destination: San Juan, Batangas. Originally, we were set to go to Tali, in Nasugbu, but it was just too bad that a lot of friends couldn't make it last Saturday and Sunday. This, however, didn't stop beach and road trip addicts from having our getaway.

What I truly loved and won't forget about this trip was staying in the ancestral house of our friend. It was called Casa Leon. I slept on a bed that looked like something that Maria Clara owned. While having our meals, I imagined that Padre Damaso and friars during the 1700s and 1800s were eating with us.

Huge Windows. Narra Wood. Intricate Carvings. Stained Glass. I loved the rustic feel. The structure is really old, but our friend's family did a great job restoring the house. I felt like I was transported back during the Spanish Times. It was very beautiful! Heck, I don't mind living there.Ü
--
If you want to play with us, you guys can join PIXEL BUG WEEKEND.
Please visit this site: www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.comPhotography is the best way to relive
happy memories and sweet moments. This is life as I see it ... → www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com
18 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

31 Comments:
Hi...
Love your pics...especially the stained glass!!! wow, i don't mind living at there either..
I like what you said...photography is the best way to relive happy memories and sweet moments. well spoken!. :)
LOL!Padre Damaso? It's been a long time since I have heard that... made me smile early this morning.
I love the shot on the window.
nice place! i love ancestral homes! ewan ko kung bakit. the "old" feeling is nice. it's like you're in another era. and it's a relaxing way to get away from the modern city we live in.
Galing naman the house is well maintained. Justified yung feeling mo hehe.. :) Goes to show things were made differently then, made to last talaga. Thank you for your visit earlier. :)
Sounds like fun! I haven't been to the doctor in a really long time.
Ha ha! You're making me remember a bit of Noli Me Tangere and El Fili... :)
What a great trip! I love anything that helps me feel connected to history. =)
PS - I force myself to eat oatmeal too!
Dearie, I love all your pictures here..U got talent girl! Btw, glad to hear that you had fun..The beach there is awesome..And the house is just beautiful..
FJ.
What makes the house more inviting is the fact that even if it were old, they were able to restore it PLUS the plumbing system works well. They have heaters, tubs, flushes that actually work. The rooms have AC. There are full-length mirrors in all rooms too!Ü
Sassy Mom.
It really had a Padre Damaso vibe because the looooong table would sit 30 people I think.
KG.
That's true and the good thing is, after staying there for two days ─ I feel recharged. We really need to escape from the city every now and then.
JUDYS424.
They even got to preserve a lot of the old photos. They're still there! I even saw military hats that were used by the first owners of the home, who were the great-great-grandparent of my friend.
JOEMILL.
The entire house had that vibe and my friends were even trying this wild idea that none of us should speak in English. For a while, we were talking in Filipino, the way it would be said during the Spanish era and then we'll speak little Spanish words too. Hahaa!
RICADEMUS.
There is a portion in that house that looked like a museum! • I really cannot appreciate oatmeal.
OLIVE.
Thank youuu! :)
Back in the 1800s, houses in the Philippines looked like that. It's pretty cool.
I wanted to go back to Tali Beach too. The last time I was there was back in 2001. Way too long ago.
that looked like so much fun! parang gusto ko na din umalis na lang bigla at makapagrecharge!
duart probably misses you, too. especially seeing all these pictures.. he's probably inggit na and wanting to come home! :))
VAYIE.
Did you ever go to that cliff and jump? Hahaa! Yup, 2001 is too long a time, you should go back soon.
PRINSESAMUSANG.
Yes, it was.Ü I was even thinking of bailing out last minute, but I'm glad that I didn't.
JOEI.
I'll be sad if he doesn't miss me. Hehe. Diba? Dapat lang!Ü He's super inggit nga with all the trips. I don't show him all the photos, some lang.
Aww, y'know what? I've been dying to have my own escape soon! I guess, I'm already a bit weary on the hustle and bustle of the city.
I love the ancestral house! But, isn't it a bit creepy, especially in the evening? lolol.
Anyway, you look ever glowing as usual. Maybe it's the extra endorphins that keep you blissful and radiant even sans D.
Yay i am so happy for you :) Weekends with friends are so much fun! As i said before,i am glad to see you back home and healthy ;) Thumbs up for the shawl you bought. Good girl ;)
The house of your friend looks wonderful, awww-ing <3 Can i get one like that too,please? Hahaha :D
Wowowow, nice getaway! Pag nakikita kita Russ naalala ko yung actress na si Angelu de leon ba yun hehehe.
I am a bit late but I hope you can still take a peek on my PBW entry
lovely pictures, seems beautiful there. Are you doing all photo's for the project in black and white? You're really good!
loves
looks like you had a fun weekend! great photos!
ROANNE.
No, not at all. The house didn't have that creepy vibe. I know how typical old houses could feel stuffy, but this one isn't :)
LUCIA.
I really didn't want to buy that shawl, but I had to! Seriously, I think cold weather will kill me. Hahaa!
DAWN.
Thank youu :)
Yup, it was so much fun.
CHUBSKULIT.
Ahahaa! Thanks. When I was in high school, people always said that. There was even a time when my friend told this sales person (who made an Angelu comment) in a mall that I am her sister.Ü
TOOTHFAIRY.
Thanks so bunch. I'm in the mood for 10 black & white photos; Projet 365 makes me feel like I'm back in college. I'll have a series of colored photos after the 10th one because there are several foodies that I wanna take a photo of, I have a feeling they won't look as appetizing if they're in BW.
Great photos! I just followed your blog.
Trying to catch up for my Pixel Bug entry
Ouu, looks like you had a lot of fun. I loveee rural looking places too. Wouldn't mind living there either. ^^
Amen, to the bottom quote.
have a nice day..
Looks like a lot fun! Nothing beats a good time catching up with great friends!
wow...beach in january...malamig ba?=)
hello... just dropping by... have a great week!!!
nice.. i can imagine you guys eating with the friars hehehe... masarap nga tumira dyan... it would be like you are in a different world..
Hahahaha :D Good thing that you live where you live then ;) You would freeze into an ice statue here in Slovakia :/
I prefer hot weather over cold one too. Hate it when you have to wear tons of clothing,but on the other hand i totally love shawls <3
Post a Comment